Tightened security for tourists, embassies

Lite Beer

I just want to point out that most Muslim in Thailand are sunnite. And IS is mostly sunnite as well. They were a minority bad treated with Saddam in Irak, and even worst after war against US.
IS was created with rebels from Syria and sunnite from Irak ==> Armed by who ?! Maybe some of you may have an idea...

With tourist economy in the toilet, I am more concerned with young Thai men wanting some quick $$. I have noticed some of them with "lean and hungry" look.... heaven forbid they should get a job involving any real work. Easier to rob some old geezer.

I just want to point out that most Muslim in Thailand are sunnite. And IS is mostly sunnite as well. They were a minority bad treated with Saddam in Irak, and even worst after war against US.

IS was created with rebels from Syria and sunnite from Irak ==> Armed by who ?! Maybe some of you may have an idea...

Armed by leftover weapons from the USA after being abandoned by the Iraqis. This means that ISIS has been well equipped with state oft he art technology and funded with black market oil.

The U.S. put Saddam in power (then took him out.

The U.S empowered Bin Laden (then took him out)

Now the U.S. will arm "moderate" Syrian rebels and, undoubtedly those weapons will go missing as well and the U.S. will then have to eliminate THEM as well.

Utter futility.

Armed by leftover weapons from the USA after being abandoned by the Iraqis. This means that ISIS has been well equipped with state oft he art technology and funded with black market oil.

Well according to your point of view, it seems that Irak didn t have a (chiite) Army BEFORE the weapons were "leftover"...

The question is why the iraki army just have "let" them conquest their territory and the oil ?

I do not associate with/buy from/converse with anyone wearing a beard, ( women included), turban/male dress, Burqua, or carry a prayer carpet. The Muslims continually repeat " not me, it's the fanatical few muslims who rob/rape/kill/destroy "infidels", ( all of us )! As there are 1,5 BILLION muslims a few, say just 1 %, is over 1 million of the fanatics

Only a few of the 10 billion sharks in all the oceans attack people but which are the "fanatical " sharks ? So I just stay away from all !

this site is so boring...one of u that have served in the middle east have no spcific details...just speculation...as a marine vet....dessert storm...we had no idea there were two differemt sects of muslim.....ashamed is a good adj. but dishonored??? suni and <deleted> were just letter heads on our agenda...this goes back 3000 years to persian rule. but you trolls who have no idea what this conflict is about.......i'm so ashamed to have been a participant in the first wave and condemn all u non existit old ass pattaya coffee drinkers tat post your irresponsible posts...we did this.....they didn't arm themselves....trolls burn!!!!

Somyot said the police commander in each province will be responsible for coordinating the security measures by inviting related agencies, which includes immigration police, railway police and tourist police to work together.

It's like a shark, a duck and a hamster working together. Lol.

Very well put! Short, simple and to the point...and hilarious! LOL!!!!!

But tourists are safe ..... maybe they forgot to add "at the airport" ( i dont think anyones been beaten or raped there just yet ) might be swindled on prices tho whistling.gif

Maybe not beaten or raped but some been kidnapped and extorted at the airport by fake police for "stealing" in King Power's duty free shops before.

• Like 1

But tourists are safe ..... maybe they forgot to add "at the airport" ( i dont think anyones been beaten or raped there just yet ) might be swindled on prices tho whistling.gif

Maybe not beaten or raped but some been kidnapped and extorted at the airport by fake police for "stealing" in King Power's duty free shops before.

Ahh yes I forgot that .......I stand corrected wai.gif

Thailand is predominantly Buddhist with occasional scattered sunni periods and heavy sharias during the rainy season.

The shiite weather can be found in more northern climes including Englandistan.

Strange that the drinking/smoking/womanizing (term used loosely...) prodigals in & around Soi 3 (= "Soi Arab" for those who don't know...), and Covent Garden in Pattaya, don't seem to need any extra security from their insane zealot brothers.

All Arabs and Muslims can hardly be called brothers of the terrorists who claim to be motivated by Islam anymore than all Christians and Jews can be blamed for violent acts by other Christians or Jews or that they should feel safe from the lunatic Jewish and Christian nut cases who commit violent acts supposedly based on their beliefs.

In any event, Muslims who are "drinking/smoking/womanizing" are often the targets of those who claim to be motivated by religion.

Strange that you seem so eager to connect a group of people in Thailand who are doing what so many other tourists in Thailand do with radical terrorists.

Oh please, give it a rest.