University student arrested with over 100,000 ya ba pills in Bangkok

webfact

A university student arrested with over 100,000 ya ba pills

9-28-2014-9-34-18-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police have arrested a university student and seized over 100,000 methamphitamine tablets as well as 7.2 kilogrammes of Ice at his house in Sai Mai district, Bangkok Metropolis.

Pol Gen Pongsapat Pongcharoen, deputy national police chief, told a press conference on Sunday that the suspect, 22-year old Watcharapong Paotun, was a member of the So Ming drug gang busted by the police on September 16 in which 12 suspects were apprehended together with cash and assets worth an estimated 1.1 billion baht thought to be derived from illegal drug trade.

Information extracted from the arrested suspects led police to seek a court warrant for the search of Watcharapong’s house in Soi Paholyothin 52 which was suspected to be used as a safe house for storing narcotic drugs before they were to be distributed to customers in Bangkok.

Pol Gen Pongsapat alleged that Mr Watcharapong worked for a Mr Hack, an alleged drug distributor working for Bung Yee, allegedly a major trafficker in Bangkok.

Besides the drugs seized from Watcharapong’s house, police also found several bank books with combined deposits totaling about ten million baht. The suspect allegedly admitted to the police that he started delivering drugs since last year. He was charged with trafficking in illicit drugs and illegal possession of firearms.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/university-student-arrested-100000-ya-ba-pills/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-29

"Police have arrested a university student and seized over 100,000 methamphitamine tablets as well as 7.2 kilogrammes of Ice at his house..."

"The suspect allegedly admitted to the police that he started delivering drugs since last year."

He later recanted his confession saying it was forced out of him. He stated that everything seized was all for him. since he needed them to stay awake all night to cram for final exams.

He was informed that he cannot recant his confession once the police start pointing fingers at everything, anything, and everyone within pointing distance. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by jaltsc

Great...the next generation of Uni students are all yabba freaks.

It still seems odd to see a "hefty" size Thai like the fella kneeling. I come from the second most obese country on the entire planet...by our standards the kneeling fellow is just a wee lad so no disrespect intended.

Am I mistaken or he actually performing the uber-rare "kneel & point" ? Excellent form.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

Great...the next generation of Uni students are all yabba freaks.

It still seems odd to see a "hefty" size Thai like the fella kneeling. I come from the second most obese country on the entire planet...by our standards the kneeling fellow is just a wee lad so no disrespect intended.

Am I mistaken or he actually performing the uber-rare "kneel & point" ? Excellent form.

Just taking his cut rolleyes.gifwhistling.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

They got the emphasis the wrong way round with that report. It should have been 7.2kg of ice plus 100,000 speed pills. That amount of ice is worth far more on the street than the pills seized, although they are both pretty substantial.

The drug gang should change their name from So Ming to So Monged.

• Like 2

The boy doesn't know it yet, but he'll be in jail much longer much longer than a mass murderer. If he ever gets out alive, he'll be very old.

Yes you can murder someone and be out sooner as when your caught with drugs.

Ever noticed how everything that is bad is supposedly related to drugs. The guy that killed and burned his family (no yabaa on him or in his blood) but they go back to say it all comes from 2 years ago that he used it. Its a great scapegoat (drugs).

Not saying that drugs aren't bad (I don't believe that all drugs are bad) but sometimes the propaganda here seems like the propaganda from the Americans with movies like reefer madness.

Because with so much drug use one would imagine far more incidents and for the amount of use its not that bad. Just look at all the alcohol fueled arguments where someone gets killed. They are even higher as the drug used influenced kills.

Have you ever seen anyone that is a meth head? It is not propaganda to say they become insane.

"Police have arrested a university student and seized over 100,000 methamphitamine tablets as well as 7.2 kilogrammes of Ice at his house..."

"The suspect allegedly admitted to the police that he started delivering drugs since last year."

He later recanted his confession saying it was forced out of him. He stated that everything seized was all for him. since he needed them to stay awake all night to cram for final exams.

He was informed that he cannot recant his confession once the police start pointing fingers at everything, anything, and everyone within pointing distance. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

That was so funny, I can't understand why you only gave yourself 3 laughing hand-clapper moronicons.

Now that was excellent comedy.

Thanks

Presumably an MBA student.

Maybe at a uni that begins with R? giggle.gif

There, in that uni, you can pay your way to get in, after failing at every school in Thailand (as we know from a famous son), and once wearing a big black earing, that is!

Well'ard. Forget jail, send him to Liverpool uni.... see how long he lasts there as a drug pusher...... cheesy.gifwhistling.gif

Well'ard. Forget jail, send him to Liverpool uni.... see how long he lasts there as a drug pusher...... cheesy.gifwhistling.gif

I don't think he was ever a drug pusher. Has anyone actually ever came across a "drug pusher"? In my experience, pushers don't exist, as the demand is so high that dealers do not need to be pushing. The trade is demand based. People who want drugs go looking for them by asking around, not the other way around.

What about the supplier? He's already been warned: "Pol Gen Pongsapat alleged that Mr Watcharapong worked for a Mr Hack, an alleged drug distributor working for Bung Yee, allegedly a major trafficker in Bangkok." Why didn't they arrest them (Mr Hack & Bung Yee), at the same time? They only arrest the easiest targets, the minnows, not the big fish. Maybe the police can answer how they can justify making their statement about alerting them. I'd like to see that.

Edited by powerkick

I don't think he was ever a drug pusher. Has anyone actually ever came across a "drug pusher"? In my experience, pushers don't exist, as the demand is so high that dealers do not need to be pushing. The trade is demand based. People who want drugs go looking for them by asking around, not the other way around.

drug pusher = a drug pusher is a person who was busted by the police, and then given a deal to set up his friends. who are invariably and unwittingly pushed into deals they wouldnt have been involved in, had they not been "pushed"

Have you ever seen anyone that is a meth head? It is not propaganda to say they become insane.

I've seen meth heads

I've seen trains arriving late.

For each train arriving late, there are so many more that arrive on time.

Have we put all train drivers in jail because of the few that arrive late?

And for each meth head, I've met many more users who had no drug problems whatsoever. Their only problem was a police problem.

But more importantly, there wouldn't be many meth heads around if governments put the priority on education and prevention rather than punishment.

Rather than telling people lies and myths, tell them the reality of things.

Tell them the real risks and tell them what myths are bullshit.

Tell them that if they choose the dangerous path, they can still look for help from society without having to fear being put in jail or ostracized

Explain to them how all the drugs are different instead of pretending that they are all one identical evil product.

Each person reacts differently to each drug.

Some people get very positive results from drugs. They shouldn't be punished for using them by morons who are only driven by ignorance and prejudices

How about telling them that if they know how to use without abusing, in the last 25 years drug use seems to have been heavily correlated to becoming the president of the united states. (thing that won't happen if you are put in jail)