Court sentences to death railway staff who killed and threw a girl from train

Lite Beer

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a truly shocking and absolutely horrible crime but until someone conclusively proves to me that there are no mis carriage'S of justice, the death penalty should have no place ANYWHERE.

A negative argument is never a valid argument. So I will offer you a positive argument: to wit, the execution of a murderer ends forever his ability to be a repeat offender.

As to the deaths of innocents; every year governments murder innocent people. It is called war. You may have heard of it. Most countries now reserve the death penalty for only the most heinous of crimes. A person who kills a spouse for cheating, for example, does not get the death penalty. What that man did to that child and his lack of remorse demonstrate he is an unlikely candidate for rehabilitation or being returned to society under any circumstances.

When nations stop forcing people to go off to die for some worthless ideology or corporate welfare, then I will consider the relevance of arguments for more compassionate penalties.

You want to see what happens when the death penalty is not carried out? Scan Kenneth McDuff.

Well that's one verdict I will not dispute.

I agree. I have always believed that all countries should have the Death Penalty included in the laws. It doesn't mean that anyone convicted of a murder should receive this sentence but is available to judges to use if the crime was indisputable, callous. cruel, sadistic etc. there are a number of criminals who deserve this penalty...ie...those who are unrepentant, serial offenders, and involving child murders etc. All the do-gooders that rant about human rights seem to forget about the victims of crimes and their families.

I'm confused......there are some people on this blog that say they've been AGAINST the Death Penalty all their lives, but in this case: "It's well deserved." This is a contradiction in terms for sure. If you think that in this particular case the "death penalty" is deserved, then guess what? .........you're PRO death penalty. You can't be AGAINST something with exceptions.

And to those people I say..... Welcome onboard. Glad to have you all.

Simple and easy. The death penalty in not meant to be a deterrent rather than a punishment so the "Hand Wringers and Social Engineers" can rest easy.

May he continue to be fed and grinning whilst rotting in hell. (If there is such a place in the Buddhist religion).

a truly shocking and absolutely horrible crime but until someone conclusively proves to me that there are no mis carriage'S of justice, the death penalty should have no place ANYWHERE.

A negative argument is never a valid argument. So I will offer you a positive argument: to wit, the execution of a murderer ends forever his ability to be a repeat offender.

As to the deaths of innocents; every year governments murder innocent people. It is called war. You may have heard of it. Most countries now reserve the death penalty for only the most heinous of crimes. A person who kills a spouse for cheating, for example, does not get the death penalty. What that man did to that child and his lack of remorse demonstrate he is an unlikely candidate for rehabilitation or being returned to society under any circumstances.

When nations stop forcing people to go off to die for some worthless ideology or corporate welfare, then I will consider the relevance of arguments for more compassionate penalties.

You want to see what happens when the death penalty is not carried out? Scan Kenneth McDuff.

If your going to reply address my point,.

On jan 11 of this year a young Thai man raped and killed a 19 year old Thai female and then killed 2 young children aged 6 and 2. To this day he still hasn't gone to trial for this crime.

There is much talk of the Thai justice system taking action but I'm very surprised how fast this case was completed.

Let's not forget that a death sentence in Thailand could still mean getting out after 10 years like was seen earlier this year in fact.

Edited by Jayman

I wonder what the Buddhist attitude is to something like the death penalty? I can't imagine it condoning it, and no it's not an example of karma.

From what I've read it's against it but Thais seem to have made up their own rules. They seem to avoid the issue by going to temples and giving stuff to monks.

In my experience it's pointless trying to discuss it and find out why they do it since they tend to resort to talking nonsense or change the subject.