Best place to get a multiple entry tourist visa ?

I have just got my new British passport back(the old one was full of Thai stamps) and while I am in the process of getting the documentation together for a business visa I need to get a tourist visa, and would like to know the best/closest place to get a multiple entry tourist visa ? I am currently on an extension to a tourist visa if that makes any difference and I will be getting my entry stamp transferred into my new passport over the next day or so.

Any help would be much appreciated. From what I've read, Savannakhet looks quite a good option........

Thanks AlanAunuum. Last time I was in Penang about 2 months ago they weren't issuing 2 entry tourist visas, only single entry. Do you know if anything has changed?

Thanks UbonJoe, just saw your post, are they still only issuing single entry?

Edited by ethos

I'm planning on getting a bus to Bangkok then I'm thinking of flying to Nakhon Phanom with airasia as they have a deal going then does anybody have any advice on the easiest route and method of travel to get to Savanakhet. Any times etc... would be very appreciated.

Air Asia offer fly/ride service to Mukdahan. Nok Air does it also.

Most people have been flying in on the afternoon flight and staying in Mukdahan for the night. Then crossing to Savannakhet early the next morning. You can get the bus to Savannakhet at the bus station in Mukdahan that will will wait for you while clear immigration at both sides of the bridge.

Yes Savannakhet is a good option. But you will need to get there early and cross over if you want to do it in a day. Otherwise spend the night.

If you are coming from Pattaya or Rayong there is yellow bus that does overnight. However I would try and get a VIP if I could from Bkok that gets in early.

If you fly you could just grab a Thai bus probably a few hours. You could for instance fly to YUdon Thani or Khon Kaen then it is about 3 hours minivan or 4 hour bus to Mukdahan at the border.

Yes Savannakhet is a good option. But you will need to get there early and cross over if you want to do it in a day. Otherwise spend the night.

If you are coming from Pattaya or Rayong there is yellow bus that does overnight. However I would try and get a VIP if I could from Bkok that gets in early.

If you fly you could just grab a Thai bus probably a few hours. You could for instance fly to YUdon Thani or Khon Kaen then it is about 3 hours minivan or 4 hour bus to Mukdahan at the border.

OP is not asking about going by bus.

Why would you want to fly to Udon or or Khon Kaen. Nakhon Phanom airport is only about an hour away or a little more.

Ubon is even a better choice than Udon or KK. Only about a 3 hour bus ride to Mukdahan.