Survivalists in Thailand

PhuketAmerican

Its a loaded term but I am interested in hearing from other farang Survalists/Disaster Prep folks in Thailand. If things ever break bad in USA or Europe, disease, nuclear war/disaster, etc. I have a plan in place for protecting myself and my family here just as I had a plan when I lived in the USA. Surely other guests here whether working farangs or retirees have some plan for themselves? I tried to do a fire drill with my Thai wife and kid and they thought it was a joke.

Anyone interested in endurance hiking, camping, practicing wilderness survival skills in the local national parks? Kayaking, sailing, fishing, etc.

Id like to compare set ups, water tanks, food supplies, electrical solutions like solar or water turbine power.

oh great exactly what Thailand needs another nut job the world is ending type...I can see the discovery series right now Preppers:Thailand

so what your vision of doom and gloom...Asteroid, EMP, banks collapsing, Ebola ?

He is my survival strategy in Thailand..if it goes to sh*t get on plane, if cant fly from BKK, drive to KL or Sing and get on plane, if the roads anit working steal a boat and sail to Sing and get on a plane...wink.png

To go where?

• Like 2

oh great exactly what Thailand needs another nut job the world is ending type...I can see the discovery series right now Preppers:Thailand

so what your vision of doom and gloom...Asteroid, EMP, banks collapsing, Ebola ?

He is my survival strategy in Thailand..if it goes to sh*t get on plane, if cant fly from BKK, drive to KL or Sing and get on plane, if the roads anit working steal a boat and sail to Sing and get on a plane...wink.png

To go where?

where ever I can get a ticket to I suppose...laugh.png

I suppose we had better the frame terms of reference, I was under the impression the OP was referring to Thailand only, of course if its a global thing, may as stay in Thailand , we are all screwed anyway, so may as well go to Pattaya and spend all the money..tongue.png

of course if its 2012 type thing, only 1 place survived according to the movie so going there...the Cape of Good Hope...biggrin.png

I'm afraid that farangs in Thailand would be top targets if the civilized world started falling apart. I love the place, but rather be in a Western country with a good assault rifle and lots of dried rations and canned foods in such an event.

Been there, done that,

It's hardly a survivable situation. Too many people who would be helpless on their own, to fight off.

It's hard living in the western countries, too cold for too much of the year.

In Thailand away from the big city, things would be the way they always were. Everyone grows there own food without the need for any machinery. Foreigners would be rare, and just assimilated. With a few rai of forest, you can just live off what you can find.

How's it gonna end, almost certainly Zombie Apocalypse.

yep.. I agree.

I chuckled when I read the headline.

Survivalism in Thailand is a joke, there is food everywhere, one just needs a dry place to sleep.

Isn't the new twist to do it naked?

Preppers: Thailand in the Raw.

Phuket is not the right place.

Buy a farm in Issan or Nan, no need to do any planning, just farm the way they always do.

You mean, buy a farm for someone else. No need to do any planning.

Sounds sound.

Have you a partner looking to sell a farm by any chance. biggrin.png

Anyway, Me? nothing to worry about. My large tinfoil hat that can be rolled down into a full bodysuit will protect me from all evils.

Edited by Brizzy
  • Like 2

...during the flooding....it took 4 hours to travel 20 kilometers..trying to get out of Bangkok......

.......and if you had no food or water....you had no food or water....

....the big cities will be the worst places to find yourself stranded during a major crisis.....

• Like 1

Firstly, haven't you heard that Ebola has been cured by Thai researchers. Singapore is an island...drive ??? Steal a boat...create riots in the streets or on the seas. Otherwise your suggestions are brilliant! NOT.

• Like 1

My survival plan.

Hunker down at first. If worse things come my thai wife can survive on anything that moves and we regularly eat leaves and all sorts of plants. We would be welcome at her fathers farm and the village that my wife comes from. Rice is plentiful. If it gets really bad we will all die anyway. A very famous quote, " Be like the birds of the air, neither do they sow nor do they reap. " Thai people live on average on $4800/year but many survive on much less.

Little wonder your wife and children laughed at you. Thailand is one big survivalist camp.

• Like 2

Each to their own, if people are so adamant the the End of the World is going to happen, then let them. They are not happy people, and digging underground places and keeping horrible foodstuffs for years and years which will probably give them terrible tummy problems in the long run and may kill them whilst us happy people dance in the meadows and listen to ACDC. Who am i to say anything to the contrary.

• Like 1