Cashing check from Citibank-Bangkok in Pattaya?

I've been out of Thailand for six months, and upon returning I find a check from True Visions for THB500 refunding my deposit for a cable TV box that I returned last year November. A few questions:

1. The check is dated 06-05-2014 (June 5). How long is the check valid? There is no expiration or validity date on the check. (It's a "Manager's Check," if that matters.)

2. As far as I know, there is no Citibank branch in Pattaya. I have savings accounts at SCB & Bangkok Bank. Will they accept it as a deposit? If so, is there a service charge?

3. I might be in Bangkok in the next month or two, and can drop by Citibank to cash it there, if the check is still valid. Will Citibank charge for cashing a check from a non-customer?

I had given up hope of getting that refund from True, but of course they wait until I leave to mail it. laugh.png

When I got a TrueVisions deposit refund check a couple of years ago I just took it and deposited it in my Bangkok Bank savings account. There was no charge and the bank rep said it would take about 3 days to clear/funds actually become available although it did appear immediately in my Bangkok Bank balance...but I expect if I had wanted to "cash" it right then and there (i.e., I don't want to deposit it...I want cash now!) they may have told me they can't--it must clear first. I guess it would depend on your bank branch, how long you had been a customer, etc. Just deposit it to your account...there shouldn't be any fee.

You sure there is "no valid until date/must cash before date" in small, lite colored print on the check? But one thing for sure, the bank you go cash it at will be looking for such a date and won't accept if it's pass the date. Just let your bank figure it out if no date can be found on the check.

Edited by Pib

Thanks. I should be going to the Tesco Lotus store with my Bangkok Bank branch in a day or two and will try it. And, unless it's one of those color blindness test things, I can't see any date any place other than date of issue.