non o visa work permit/change non o to non b within thailand

Hi Ubonjoe , or any body else who can help,

I have a multiple non O marriage visa, which I would I would like to use to obtain my work permit with . Is it possible to do with a non O,or do you need a non B /tourist visa to obtain a work permit?

If I can't obtain my work permit using a non O visa,can I change it over to a non B within Thailand ?(chang wattana)

Or would i need to leave the country and cancel my non O ,then obtain a non B visa single entry ?

any help will be much appreciated

thanks

I've just signed up to this forum to ask exactly the same question.

I too am on a multi non O marriage visa, and I've been offered a job at a language school, however, the manager insists he's been told by immigration that I need to change my O to a B visa, which if I'm honest I don't really want to do..

I've found several websites that tells him he's/they're wrong about this, but as these aren't official government websites he still wants me to travel to Laos and change my visa.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to an 'official' government website that would indicate that his local immigration office are wrong with their information.

Great forum by the way :)

I've just signed up to this forum to ask exactly the same question.

I too am on a multi non O marriage visa, and I've been offered a job at a language school, however, the manager insists he's been told by immigration that I need to change my O to a B visa, which if I'm honest I don't really want to do..

I've found several websites that tells him he's/they're wrong about this, but as these aren't official government websites he still wants me to travel to Laos and change my visa.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to an 'official' government website that would indicate that his local immigration office are wrong with their information.

Great forum by the way smile.png

Your issue is with labor office not immigration. Once the labor office has issued you the work permit, you're fine. it is known that some work offices refuse to issue work permit for non-imm 'O' visa holders, so you have to find first if that is the case.

Thanks Paz, that's how I understood it to work, or was hoping that was the case anyway.

Ok, my next questions is, does anyone on here have any experience of either obtaining, or being refused a work permit on a non O marriage visa at the Chonburi labor office / work permit office?

Thanks Paz, that's how I understood it to work, or was hoping that was the case anyway.

Ok, my next questions is, does anyone on here have any experience of either obtaining, or being refused a work permit on a non O marriage visa at the Chonburi labor office / work permit office?

As said immigration has no involvement in getting the work permit. Since you have a non-o visa they will not need to do anything.

Chonburi has issued work permits for those with non-o visas based upon marriage. Just be sure your marriage certificate is included with the application for the work permit.

Villa 82,

You might also want to include what they call a kor raw 2 certificate (คร.2). I think your marriage certificate is a kor raw 3 (คร.3). The kor raw 2 is a document that proves you are still married to your wife. The labour office asked me for one when I applied for a work permit recently. You can get one from your local amphur office. Just take your wife in there with you. She'll need to take her national ID card.

Cheers.