Tourists may be required to pay entrance fee for visiting Koh Tao

Lite Beer

in this country, certainly the murderers did pay a huge amount of money to the police, to found some burmese scapegoat.

How these murderer will pay them? Easy start charging an entrance fee.

In others terms, it will be the tourists who will pay for bailing out the thai mafia .... real local scum!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable-now trying to "cash-in" on tragedy sad.png

Seems to be exactly what they are doing. They don't give a damn about the incident as can be seen by the circus they just see a way to cash in on it and make as much money as they can. I bet the rich families on the island are estatic at the thought of becoming even richer off the back of the deaths of tourists.

Well people have to pay to enter Disney land so why not Thailand smile.png

you get raped and murdered in Disney land ?

no but you can ride on space mountain

So, here in the LOS you can ride something far more adventurous, dangerous and exciting... a Tuk Tuk! 5555555555

I wanted to post earlier but I had to first stop laughing.....

This is almost as funny as banning alcohol ads and midnight cutoff for sudds.

Is there that much to do their to warrant this, as I cannot see the divers shelling out since they're not exactly affluent tourists? I could be wrong on that last part.

You got to love their optimism.

Who can keep track of all of these announcements then retractions?

Edited by Friendly Stranger

So this mean this island will make money because there has been a murder there....How long will it take for the surrounding islands to understand what they have to do so that they can also ask a fee to the visitors? And I feel sooooo bad for the family and friends of the murdered young people there when they see this.

This is so true.

Man, if they start doing this then the other ASEAN members will cream them...

Can someone please have a word with these people, honestly,,,

Investing the money themselves will bring in more tourists as the safety of the island will be improved, therefore it will pay for itself. It makes absolutely no sense at all to ask the tourists themselves to pay for their own protection when this is something that the island should be doing anyway.

Unless of course it's just another Thai scam aimed at parting tourists with there hard earned cash.

In every country you pay big taxes but in thailand you don't.

Tourists benefit by not pay to much expense for good and services on the island and in thailand.

So if tourists want more protection they should pay.

Its simple.

Thais don't need the protection.

You really don't see the big issue here do you? People will not go somewhere that is unsafe and corrupt and as for your statement that Thailand is a cheap destination that is fast becoming a fiction.

"If tourists want protection they should pay" = are you really that stupid? Have you ever traveled anywhere outside your miserable area? I am speechless at the stupidity and lack of intellect of so many of your people.

"The 10% you say in GDP we can do without more then the tourists can do without Thailand. " cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Tell that to Gen. Prayuth cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Well we have Vietnam and on the other side, south america, Caribia and Polynesia. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Go to one of them then. Why are you on a Website about thailand?

goto polynesiavisa.com and complain about polynesia.

How dare you sign up on a US based website & within half a day tell it's members to go elsewhere. Your undeserved arrogance disgusts me.

Your comments all stink in typical thai style 'If you don't like it.. go home"

One day you may be capable of realising just how racist your comments are & that racism has no place in the civillised world which 'your' country may or may not one day decide to become a part of.

Your problems stem from your brainwashing which began when you entered the thai 'education' system as a child & the fact that you were too young to remember does not excuse your continued ignorance.

My personal opinion is that you are beyond hope.

Which US based website are you talking about. If it is Thai VIsa it is not a US based website.

Investing the money themselves will bring in more tourists as the safety of the island will be improved, therefore it will pay for itself. It makes absolutely no sense at all to ask the tourists themselves to pay for their own protection when this is something that the island should be doing anyway.

Unless of course it's just another Thai scam aimed at parting tourists with there hard earned cash.

Tourists benefit by not pay to much expense for good and services on the island and in thailand.

Its simple.

You really don't see the big issue here do you? People will not go somewhere that is unsafe and corrupt and as for your statement that Thailand is a cheap destination that is fast becoming a fiction.

"If tourists want protection they should pay" = are you really that stupid? Have you ever traveled anywhere outside your miserable area? I am speechless at the stupidity and lack of intellect of so many of your people.

Yeah.... Thais don't need protection... Unless they are committing crimes against Farang that urgently need covering up... Then they need protection from corrupt police to find someone else to take the blame... Usually takes around three weeks to build up a case or alibi or to give the offending party just enough time to get away/raise 'police dinner money'

Good idea, paying your hosts to provide your security whilst they allow you to spend your money in their establishments

Yes, that's what it is. Ridiculous idea.

as said earlier, the best they can offer is a discount, and a disclaimer, "Enter at you own Risk, Otherwise pay for a Bodyguard".

Are these clowns fair dinkum. Of course they are, and it will be the farang price. Another attempt to screw us foreigners. The next thing they'll want is for all tourists to pay a deposit to come to Thailand and then find a way not to refund it.

Do these idiots realise you can only milk the cash cow so much before the goose that laid the golden egg will find another nesting place. Come on General, pull these clowns into line and tell them to engage their brains before opening their mouths. OOPS, in this case, it looks like you would have to send out a search party to locate the brains, as it is obvious they do not have any.

There used to be one for Koh Samet, they were round you scrounging before you could get off the boat.

yes, I suppose they would vote for something that avoids them paying anything.

Well my post looks stupid now. Didn't realize they don't do it anymore. Guess I haven't been there in a while.

The funny thing when I paid, my girlfriend was Filipina, but she kept her mouth shut and they assumed she was Thai so I only paid the Thai rate for her.

How should any fee taken from tourists protect the tourists if the police and government dont do their job in a proper way!

I only can say: Tourists stay away from Thailand!!!!!!!!!

Things go wrong and worse in this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There used to be one for Koh Samet, they were round you scrounging before you could get off the boat.

yes, I suppose they would vote for something that avoids them paying anything.

Well my post looks stupid now. Didn't realize they don't do it anymore. Guess I haven't been there in a while.

The funny thing when I paid, my girlfriend was Filipina, but she kept her mouth shut and they assumed she was Thai so I only paid the Thai rate for her.

No no, I just haven't been myself for so long I don't know for sure.

Maybe they still do.

I remember Koh Chang there was no arrival charge but you had to pay if you went inland to look at a waterfall! :D

Its simple.

Nonsense on all points.

You set yourself up as a tourist destination then you are obliged to protect tourists.

Most taxes come from indirect taxation and we all pay those.

Tell the Thais, robbed, assaulted, raped and murdered that they don't need protection.

• Like 1