Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

IF the arrested Burmese are scapegoats then there will NEVER be an independent investigation. Obviously no co-operation from RTP to be expected then.

They will simply point the finger back to social media and foreign press responsible for creating mass hysteria.

Maybe, but it still has to go to court and if the Thai judiciary hopes to salvage whatever confidence is left in them it will be thrown out. The international community can have an influence,quietly,behind the scenes.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF the arrested Burmese are scapegoats then there will NEVER be an independent investigation. Obviously no co-operation from RTP to be expected then.

They will simply point the finger back to social media and foreign press responsible for creating mass hysteria.

Maybe, but it still has to go to court and if the Thai judiciary hopes to salvage whatever confidence is left in them it will be thrown out. The international community can have an influence,quietly,behind the scenes.

Righteo then. So this time the coppers will not speak with public prosecutors who will In turn not influence the judges or the court process. You know that this is taking place in Thailand right ? You think the coppers will lose face a second time around over this debacle ?

Damn sure they ll stitch this up to a month of Sundays and beyond.

As for the PM - to see that he is complicate in this is ripping my Thai friends apart right now. They feel ashamed to be Thai this week I can assure you. . Among other ..

Righteo then. So this time the coppers will not speak with public prosecutors who will In turn not influence the judges or the court process. You know that this is taking place in Thailand right ? You think the coppers will lose face a second time around over this debacle ?

As for the PM - to see that he is complicate in this is ripping my Thai friends apart right now. They feel ashamed to be Thai this week I can assure you. . Among other ..

What might weigh more on the minds of the judges is that THEY could lose face if they allow this travesty of justice to go through. The PM can always say he was misled by the police, the sword will have to come down on the man in charge of the investigation the RTP will distance themselves from such practices.

What might weigh more on the minds of the judges is that THEY could lose face if they allow this travesty of justice to go through. The PM can always say he was misled by the police, the sword will have to come down on the man in charge of the investigation the RTP will distance themselves from such practices.

Fair point that. Only there are relationships and protectionism at stake here. The concept of losing face will ensure all parties stick together like glue. Watch.

Everything so far has been text book Enquiry Thailand has it not ?

The Brit press has scented blood now,this wont just fade away. Maybe the Thais don't care about international opinion but they sure care about tourist numbers and they wont let the numbers collapse because of ''police face'',they will be thrown to the wolves.

Funniest post of the day!!thumbsup.gif

Do you seriously think the "independant" Thai judiciary will throw out the case, because the procecutors case is not strong enough??

As for international pressure, Thailand has shown time and time again, they couldn't care less.

A speedy trial, scapegoats convicted and it is bu$ine$$ as usual.coffee1.gif

Funniest post of the day!!thumbsup.gif

Do you seriously think the "independant" Thai judiciary will throw out the case, because the procecutors case is not strong enough??

As for international pressure, Thailand has shown time and time again, they couldn't care less.

A speedy trial, scapegoats convicted and it is bu$ine$$ as usual.coffee1.gif

see post 1158

Framed and used as scapegoats for sure. They should be DNA by an independent agency outside of Thailand. This would mean someone would have to come here and personally take the samples away to be tested. The entire thing is BS and we know the scum family and that little shit of son did it. I wouldn't be surprised if the police weren't involved as well. Absolute BS.

Framed and used as scapegoats for sure. They should be DNA by an independent agency outside of Thailand. This would mean someone would have to come here and personally take the samples away to be tested. The entire thing is BS and we know the scum family and that little shit of son did it. I wouldn't be surprised if the police weren't involved as well. Absolute BS.

Can we again request the missing 2 minutes of CCTV footage that the police cut from what was released.

I am not prepared to let this request simply fade away.

The Brit press has scented blood now,this wont just fade away. Maybe the Thais don't care about international opinion but they sure care about tourist numbers and they wont let the numbers collapse because of ''police face'',they will be thrown to the wolves.

I believe this case goes much higher up the foodchain. The "local mafia" are merely pawns in the big game.

I can imagine that a large percentage of the title-deeds on the 3 islands, KT, KP and KS, are less than correct. And someone is not very happy with all the focus on the islands because of an inconvenient murdercase. A big fat check to some high ranking policeofficer to "solve" the case and make it go away?

Those people couldn't care less about the face of Thailand or the Brit press. Their only interest is to keep prying eyes away and protect their investment. And we are talking big money here!whistling.gif

Police chief SOMYOT has now threatened people who criticise the police or talk about how it was conducted with criminal court action.

ie disrespecting the police will not be tolerated ....

So in a nutshell they are scared and rolled out the threats.

and no im not making it up

Lets see them try it whistling.gif

I believe this case goes much higher up the foodchain. The "local mafia" are merely pawns in the big game.

I can imagine that a large percentage of the title-deeds on the 3 islands, KT, KP and KS, are less than correct. And someone is not very happy with all the focus on the islands because of an inconvenient murdercase. A big fat check to some high ranking policeofficer to "solve" the case and make it go away?

Those people couldn't care less about the face of Thailand or the Brit press. Their only interest is to keep prying eyes away and protect their investment. And we are talking big money here!whistling.gif

Government/ military involved in this coverup.

Police chief SOMYOT has now threatened people who criticise the police or talk about how it was conducted with criminal court action.

One step closer to N Korea mentality...

Just common thugs. What a terrible blight on the Thai people they are.

SEAN McANNA, YOU WITNESSED THE MURDERS AND MOST LIKELY TRIED TO SAVE DAVID and HANNAH

Stand up and be a man and tell the world what you know, you are surely safe on UK soil

HOW CAN YOU LET 2 HUMAN BEINGS WHO DIDNT COMMIT THE CRIME GET THE DEATH PENALTY?

BE A HERO !

If you are refusing to say anything then I believe you are involved in the murders

At least 1 of Hannahs mates has told about the phone etc

If I may add - Sean ignore the advise about keeping quiet.

It is imperative that you step forward. This investigation is about to be closed. Is that really justice for David and Hannah in your eyes ? As difficult as it is for you right now. You must step up to the plate and grow a pair right now.

I am sorry that this has been thrust upon you and we realise this is not your choice but it is what it is mate.

I have no 'likes' left so +1 instead

Agreed

Tourism is big money as well, big money through out Thailand not just some pissy little island, see post 1167, they are running scared already. They don't have the power that many think they have and they know it.

Edited by soalbundy

SEAN McANNA, YOU WITNESSED THE MURDERS AND MOST LIKELY TRIED TO SAVE DAVID and HANNAH

Stand up and be a man and tell the world what you know, you are surely safe on UK soil

HOW CAN YOU LET 2 HUMAN BEINGS WHO DIDNT COMMIT THE CRIME GET THE DEATH PENALTY?

BE A HERO !

If you are refusing to say anything then I believe you are involved in the murders

It is imperative that you step forward. This investigation is about to be closed. Is that really justice for David and Hannah in your eyes ? As difficult as it is for you right now. You must step up to the plate and grow a pair right now.

I am sorry that this has been thrust upon you and we realise this is not your choice but it is what it is mate.

I don't like to slander anyone but just maybe Sean is more involved than we think,therefore the silence. Have the British police interviewed him ? has his DNA been taken ?

bkk post mentions andrew drummond heh

google - Torture alleged in Koh Tao questioning

on bkk post they say about phone alegation

That article also mentions the phone being given to the police by her friend, and not found near the suspects. That one twist of the facts alone shows the police have manipulated this case. This thing is far from over. Kudos to the Bangkok Post for open reporting.

Edited by T_Dog

bkk post mentions andrew drummond heh

google - Torture alleged in Koh Tao questioning

on bkk post they say about phone alegation

You have a lot of courage considering your posts if you rely on a Visa extension.

Though i have beaten you and flayed you

by the living God that made you

you're a better man than i am Gunga Din.

BE A HERO !

I don't like to slander anyone but just maybe Sean is more involved than we think,therefore the silence. Have the British police interviewed him ? has his DNA been taken ?

That's our whole point. He is involved. He did meet David that night. Hes terrified.

But he should not take the silence route in Thailand. It's actually the worst thing he can do for this case and for these two boys that potentially face execution.

Any family in trouble in thailand, that did stay quiet, always report later that they regretted it

That they realised it was just to help the police move on in the way they are accustomed to - with no oversight or scrutiny.