Problem with retirement visa

Had passport stolen in Australia,obtained emergency one with visitor visa ,as retirement visa rendered null and void,returned to Thailand

After waiting 6 weeks and obtaining another visitor visa ,new passport arrived. got income letter from Embassy UK took all documentation to immigration,told new procedures now. Asked for 6000 baht for new retirement visa to be placed into new passport.

That was 2 days ago, tonight 7pm immigration rang told me they would give me 7 day visa and return 4000 baht and do visa run to Cambodia,told them no ,I want the 6000 baht returned,they said OK

just what is going on? anyone have any ideas

I assume you had an extension of stay and a re-entry permit for it in your stolen passport not a visa.

You apparently got a 30 day visa exempt entry when you entered and then got another one while you were waiting for your passport.

Not sure what the 6000 baht was for you gave immigration. It should of been 2000 baht to do a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry and 1900 baht for an extension of stay.

It seems something went wrong with getting that done. The 2k baht they were going to keep would of been 1900 baht plus 100 baht for a 7 day extension.

Apparently you may of had less than 15 left days on your visa exempt entry which is required to a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry so they were unable to do it.

Not sure what you can do now.

• Like 1

I assume you had an extension of stay and a re-entry permit for it in your stolen passport not a visa.

You apparently got a 30 day visa exempt entry when you entered and then got another one while you were waiting for your passport.

Not sure what the 6000 baht was for you gave immigration. It should of been 2000 baht to do a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry and 1900 baht for an extension of stay.

It seems something went wrong with getting that done. The 2k baht they were going to keep would of been 1900 baht plus 100 baht for a 7 day extension.

Apparently you may of had less than 15 left days on your visa exempt entry which is required to a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry so they were unable to do it.

Yes think they were trying to make a fast buck,they probably knew something I did not and bending the rules

Thanks for this reply. Visitor visa was up today 2 Oct so that could be a reason if there was to be a 15 day period before conversion,did not know that.

They may give me 7day free,from the garbled conversation with immigration at 7 pm tonight,and money back,but will have to get out of the country PDQ return with new visitor visa and convert .

would I have to fly back or by land? Cambodia or Malaysia? where to ,I'm in Pattaya Yes extension of stay and re-entry in stolen p\passport they would have expired on ! Nov 2014

Thanks for information

Edited by loppylugs1

Yes think they were trying to make a fast buck,they probably knew something I did not and bending the rules

Thanks for this reply. Visitor visa was up today 2 Oct so that could be a reason if there was to be a 15 day period before conversion,did not know that.

They may give me 7day free,from the garbled conversation with immigration at 7 pm tonight,and money back,but will have to get out of the country PDQ return with new visitor visa and convert .

would I have to fly back or by land? Cambodia or Malaysia? where to ,I'm in Pattaya Yes extension of stay and re-entry in stolen p\passport they would have expired on ! Nov 2014

Thanks for information

"Yes think they were trying to make a fast buck,they probably knew something I did not and bending the rules"

As said, they were going to return Baht 4000 and charge you for the 7 days to leave the country. Should have been Baht 4100 returned, but that doesn't sound like they were trying to make a fast buck. Since they are returning the whole Baht 6000, you don't get the 7 days to leave. If you don't make it out on the 2nd you could, theoretically, have to pay an overstay charge when you leave ... although for a day's overstay, probably not.

Sorry for your lost passport and consequent hassles, but not really the fault of Immigrations.

If you are on a visa exempt entry you should of gotten a 30 day extension or is that what you are on now.

If you have only done one visa exempt entry you can get a 30 day entry at a border crossing.

I do not know what is going on, the staff do not know either,meetings apparently today for army imposed changes(not police) and I am one of 55 individuals caught up in whatever changes are about to take place .

Kept my 6000 baht,told to come back 7 and collect passport,visa run 8 come back 9,and see what is happening