Will you go to Koh Tao?

canuckamuck

Will you go to Koh Tao?  

333 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious to see if opinions have been changed by recent events on the island.

The island was a place I was hoping to visit sometime. Now I doubt I ever will. I have friends who are coming for their honeymoon. They will go spend time in the gulf but they won't go to Koh Tao now either. How about the rest of you? Is it a place you will still visit?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nerves & feelings are raw right now . . totally understandable. But it's not the actual island's fault that a slaying & possible cover up/corruption tarnished it's appeal is it? i mean, people still continue to visit Lower Manhattan in droves to marvel at it's "beauty" don't they? . . . Personally i wouldn't go to Koh Tao though, but that's because i'd be bored sh*tless there, & nothing to do with these recent events.

Nerves & feelings are raw right now . . totally understandable. But it's not the actual island's fault that a slaying & possible cover up/corruption tarnished it's appeal is it? i mean, people still continue to visit Lower Manhattan in droves to marvel at it's "beauty" don't they? . . . Personally i wouldn't go to Koh Tao though, but that's because i'd be bored sh*tless there, & nothing to do with these recent events.

I have friends there. I dive and snorkel and I like a place that is fairly calm in the evening.

Won't go, but not because of the murder or the police investigation.

I won't go because in response to this murder, the people of the island decided to place an entrance fee on all visitors to the island. Likely they will soon realize their stupidity and backtrack on this idea, but that they even came up with it in the first place, rather than taking responsibility to protect the people visiting their island and making them rich on their own, is disgusting.

And yet... The people cannot and it has not happened

I do not see why it would present a problem to go. After what has happened, and the subsequent scrutiny by the police and public, I would think that the island would be one of the safest in the country. Let's put it this way, I find it highly unlikely that there would be a repeat of what occurred anytime in the near future.

There has been a fit up job on a crime of extreme violence, and u don't think there is much chance it may happen again.

Beyond that, you think that the authorities are actually doing anything significant to protect anyone. Man TAT does a good line of rosey specs

• Like 1

It is not the fact that murders have occurred, but it appears the mafia operation there operates with more than the usual hubris and impunity. Visiting would be equivalent to endorsement.

Are you stating that these things do not happen in CNX? Etc??

Which things? What is the the reputation of Koh Tao compared to CNX. I see a difference.

Murder.. Corruption.. Mis-handled investigations.. Etc..

That is what you are suggesting happened on Koh Tao, right??