"Take Out Coffee" at a very reasonable price.

Ulysses G.

The guy on Nimmen actually sells coffee in a plastic bag, which is then in a paper bag, which is then in another plastic bag. Sweet as hell and lots of cream. Another guy on Suthep Road is doing the same thing. All those bags on then just dumped on the street in some cases.

I suspect these guys are making pretty good money.

The guy on Nimmen actually sells coffee in a plastic bag, which is then in a paper bag, which is then in another plastic bag. Sweet as hell and lots of cream. Another guy on Suthep Road is doing the same thing. All those bags on then just dumped on the street in some cases.

I suspect these guys are making pretty good money.

This does raise some concerns. Plastic bag waste + toxin release from hot plastic. I wonder if the vendor can adopt a more environmentally-friendly approach. Since brick-and-mortar coffee shops that we all patronize also generate a lot of waste, it wouldn't be fair to single him out.

I order it cream and sugar free from the guy with 100 success. Better than I can say for Wawee. The so called danger from BPA is a scam. Excessive packaging is a concern but if I showed up with my SIGG bottle the guy would think me even the more crazy, madder than drinking coffee with no milk and sugar!

I've developed a real soft spot for Wawee, especially the one between Warorot market and Nawarat bridge, near the post office. Excellent barista in there, which is all good coffee comes down to in the end.

You can have all the fancy equipment and the best of Italian beans, but if the barista doesn't know what he or she is doing, it aint gonna taste great and would be a complete waste of money. When paying the prices at Wawee (and the other more expensive international brands) you really should be expecting fantastic not just OK coffee.

I've developed a real soft spot for Wawee, especially the one between Warorot market and Nawarat bridge, near the post office. Excellent barista in there, which is all good coffee comes down to in the end.

You can have all the fancy equipment and the best of Italian beans, but if the barista doesn't know what he or she is doing, it aint gonna taste great and would be a complete waste of money. When paying the prices at Wawee (and the other more expensive international brands) you really should be expecting fantastic not just OK coffee.

Wawee was good until I found Doi Chaang, they are worth looking for.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I order it cream and sugar free from the guy with 100 success. Better than I can say for Wawee. The so called danger from BPA is a scam. Excessive packaging is a concern but if I showed up with my SIGG bottle the guy would think me even the more crazy, madder than drinking coffee with no milk and sugar!

so you are more concerned about what he thinks about you than the environment?

Agreed on the Doi Chaang. Pricy but good.

Just had to laugh at that one on a thread about reasonably priced coffee.

Besides as konini said it is not the coffee shop it is the barista that makes the difference.

• Like 2

Besides as konini said it is not the coffee shop it is the barista that makes the difference.

Yeah, funny that.

It's not about the coffee shop. It's about the coffee itself. I don't require a barista to brew a pot of Doi Chaang at home.

"reasonably priced" is a relative and personal term, your view on what is reasonable does not fit all, just you and those like minded

Since you know nothing of the training or skill of Doi Chaang baristas, you are again blowing smoke.

So have a good laugh, at yourself and join the group.

• Like 1

But for an espresso, you need a good barista, brewed coffee is a different animal altogether. It's not just the coffee, but the milk that has to be treat properly. Perhaps with Doi Chaang I just haven't found a good barista yet, although I have the fancy machine, the Lavazza beans and I can make a mean cup myself; tried a small pack of Doi Chaang last year and wasn't overly impressed. Many factors at play, including whether the shop had kept them in air conditioned, refrigerated or frozen storage. The beans don't like being too warm, and the weather is quite changeable at times here - I put the winter quilt on the bed yesterday - and they like changes in temperature/humidity even less than they like the warmth. Mine go straight into the freezer and I pull out 2 or 3 days worth at a time.

I bought in bulk this time, 6 x 1kg bags from England. Tested it, and 1kg lasted me exactly 30 days. Just as well really given how much it cost, even in bulk, but a fraction of what I would have paid here.

EDIT - I forgot to quote Diplomatico

Edited by Konini

"reasonably priced" is a relative and personal term, your view on what is reasonable does not fit all, just you and those like minded

Since you know nothing of the training or skill of Doi Chaang baristas, you are again blowing smoke.

So have a good laugh, at yourself and join the group.

Reasonably priced was outlined in the first post. Besides that I don't drink coffee. If you would bother to read the posts you would note that it was only one barista konini was talking about. Not a brand or a chain. One person.

So yes I do get a laugh out of it and the lengths people will go to in order to justify their opinion.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif