Request advice on Distribution and Sales Strategy

vngd1

Hi,

I've been browsing the business threads here for a while, and really appreciate the very intelligent replies that most people on here share.

So here's what's happening:

Making the best of our fabric inventory, my company (family business) has come up with a small line of Cargo Shorts

100% Cotton

Made in Thailand - from a well reputed factory that produces for many of the major local brands.

They're modelled after a really nice pair that cost us 3,200 baht from Emporium, and have turned out quite awesome. They are clearly superior to bobae-market or pratunam quality shorts.

Initial Photos, on pinterest.

Once they're all ready, we'll have a total of 7 colors. Sizes: 32, 34, 36, 38 .

Based on our current costing, our wholesale prices will have to be 520 baht for this to be sustainable.

In the stores, these shorts would easily be priced at 2,100 baht.

Possibilities:

Export - our wholesale costs are on the high side, and I guess that this may only work for multi-brand stores abroad.

Local Wholesale - know any sellers who are looking for high quality? Most people I've spoken to just want cheap.

Retail - I am working on setting up an e-commerce site. I'm happy to sell at around 900 to 1,100 baht per pair depending on how much my marketing overhead is.

Any advice from people with experience in the field would be appreciated.

Marketing / sales strategy

Social media strategy

Know anyone (personally) I should get in touch with?

Pricing?

Best Target market?

Thank you in advance.

Let's see:

You are telling us that you have a fabric, apparently innovative, but you don't give us any details. Not even a Unique Selling Point (USP), or why your fabric is superior to others.

You are telling us that the only design you have is a knock-off from something you saw at Emporium. You are likely infringing on copyright.

You are telling us that you have no business plan at all (except for pirate-copying a design).

And you want us to develop a business plan with you for free.

Is there something I have missed?

• Like 1