‘Nigerian Email Scammer’ Arrested By Thai Police

Lite Beer

Do they have visa waiver in Thailand ?

So many stories I hear about Nigerians almost every week about how they are mostly busy on scamming both here and other countries, seems there is no end to it. I'm not racist but it for sure makes me think twice about them these days.

These guys is like flies around dog shit..... once they have their grip and teeth into something they don't let loose..... and getting them to let loose is a nightmare.

Send their asses back where it belong in Nigeria, Africa before it's too late....... Their also busy ruining our beautiful city of Cape Town back home in South Africa with identity theft, scam emails, drugs and underage prostitution.....

Beware all.... They are the worse of the worse..... DO NOT deal with these guy's in ANY way..

Just a TIP for wellbeing...

To the Moderators: This is not a racist posting... I'm talking about personal experience and simply warning fellow TV members for their own wellbeing..

Edited by CapeThai
  • Like 1

I hate those scammers, but I get the urge to blame also the scammed.

In this age and information we can access, it's unacceptable for anybody to fell victim of a scam.

Only very gullible people, like this woman that greed drove her to fell for the Nigerian.

I agree,how does this woman survive in Thailand.Actually i don't think she was greedy,green as grass.

In this age and information we can access, it's unacceptable for anybody to fell victim of a scam.

Only very gullible people, like this woman that greed drove her to fell for the Nigerian.

I have to disagree here. I knew a guy that didn't have the brains God gave a grasshopper's arshole, and he would fall victim to scams time and time again, cuz he didn't know any better. These scammers prey on people like this and deserve to have their nutz cut off the maximum penalty possible.

Nigerians scams and businesses in Thailand Credit card fraud, drugs, email scams. pimping. just to name a few want to stop it raid there church that's there meet up place oh but BIB knows that , because that's where they pickup there cash.cheesy.gif

There's one born every minute!

Compassion for the victims of crime is often alien to those that have never been victimized.

Often times, the victim is vulnerable due to age, education, mental status, disease, etc.

• Like 1

There's one born every minute!

Compassion for the victims of crime is often alien to those that have never been victimized.

Often times, the victim is vulnerable due to age, education, mental status, disease, etc.

Nah.....I don't agree with you. Most ALL of the time, the victim is driven by G-R-E-E-D when it comes down to the Nigerian Scam. That's right, because the scammer will have them hooked with a very believable story and somewhere in that story is going to a part where the victim or the sucker, is going to be rewarded 10 Fold if they get involved with their spin story. Money is the motivator not vulnerability . The victims who you mentioned are more likely to be robbed or scammed of their money or other assets by a Family member, Barrister, or Money Manager rather than a Nigerian scammer.

She should have checked out the scamwarners.com website,it lists

and has cases of all the scams people are getting up to around the

World.

Greed,Lust and just downright stupidity,seems to be some peoples

down fall.

regards worgeordie

918eaters.com but don't read the stuff with a full mouth. You may choke.

Edited by Mosha

I just recently started getting these types of emails again after several years of not getting them. When I was getting them several years ago, I would reply that I was a Special Agent with Interpol specializing in internet fraud. Then I would tell them their physical location has been identified and several heavily armed agents were enroute to their location with orders to treat them as armed and dangerous and use deadly force as the agents deemed fit at the scene. I stopped getting those emails after a few responses like that to the various different scamsters that tried their luck.

Now I am getting them again because I have accounts with JP Morgan Chase in the States, and they were seriously hacked just recently and contact email addresses and phone numbers of customers were obtained by the hackers. But supposedly no account details, usernames, passwords, etc. were obtained by the hackers. I changed all my passwords, but refrained from pulling the special Interpol agent stunt; I just simply delete the emails without responding or even opening them up. I figure with the advance of these hackers' skills and technology, even opening an email may expose your computer to someone being able to get into it; I don't know that for a fact, but I'm not taking any chances. And playing the Internet special agent crap could also get me in trouble with the real Interpol. But it was fun at the time since all it took for a given scamster to stop hounding me was getting one of those Interpol emails back from me.

I tried to get one of these guys busted a couple years ago. As soon as I received a text message on my phone, telling me I'd just won the Hungarian National Lottery, I knew it was a scam. I spent a couple weeks trying to lure them in and set up a sting, but somehow, even though I was using my Hotmail address and told them I was in Pattaya, they knew I wasn't in the country. They kept offering to meet me at the airport when I arrived (I think they had an accomplice or relative here in the camp in Kandahar).

I finally gave up and informed them that I had forwarded all their details (including email headers) to the Royal Thai Police, Thai Immigration and the FBI (as their names popped up as a part of a Green card Lottery scam as well).

My last line in the last email I sent them said to expect the police to be knocking at the door very soon. Then I put in "What was that ? Was that someone knocking on your door ? Surely they haven't arrived to arrest you already. Or have they...............)

One of our managers got a bit different type of scam from a different Nigerian scammer. A (christian) couple in the US that had won a huge jackpot wanted to give him $2,000,000 just for being a lucky fellow christian. Quite the hoot considering the guy is a hard core athiest.

He tried to lure the scammer for awhile too. He was supposed to open an "International" bank account in a UK bank (strange considering it was supposedly a couple in the US that were giving him the money). Of course, he needed to pay $600 US (stranger still considering he was supposed to open an account in a UK bank) in bank fees to open the account (payable by Western Express to someone with a totally different name of course).

Buddy told him we didn't have a postal outlet or Western Express office here, but he'd email him the money (then photo-shopped some $20 bills and sent an email with images of $600 worth of fake bills). The scammer wasn't that dumb (or he tried to print and use the money and found out it was worthless). Then buddy asked him if he'd take $600 worth of Lobster instead of cash ! When the scammer said he'd accept it my friend decided he really was too dumb to bother with anymore (that's also why we figure the guy probably did try to print and spend the "emailed" cash) !

Unfortunately, a lot of people do fall for these scams every day. It's the old adage "if it's too good to be true, then it isn't", but people are always looking for that one lucky break. The magic lottery ticket to fame and fortune. The easy way out.

Greed?

Blame the victim? Did you criticize the comments about women not warring bikinis in Thailand?

People get conned all the while.

People get murdered all the while. In this information age they can easily check on safer areas, safe ways to dress and act etc. So you'd blame them for putting themselves at risk?

People get raped - perhaps the way they dressed, where they went, how much they drank, how they chose to travel home, were factors.

These crimes are carried out by criminals who know how to, and do exploit others. They are 100% to blame predators.