My dog is pregnant and I don't know what I should do.

I've let someone look after my sibirian husky while I'm away for a few months and that person managed to let a stray mutt get at her while she was on heat and now she's pregnat.

I never wanted her to get pregnant and I was gonna have her spayed when I got back.

I'm not a dog breeder and I have no idea what i should do. is abortion a optons. I don't wonna be responsible contribution to thailand mixed mongrel program.

ANOTHER INCONSIDERATE OWNER.

making an excuse i was goner,you should have had it done before you left.

this smells of the posts of the professional seaman who couldnt do anything for himself and was left in charge of a

siberian husky bitch who was also on heat and the word used to describe other dogs getting in on the act MUTTS.

SPAYING AND NEUTERING

TROLL

Edited by meatboy
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It's most likely too late for any abortion procedures without putting the mother in danger. Let her have the puppies, raise them and give them their necessary shots. When they approach 2 months old put them up for adoption. Advertise here. Where are you located?

When it's all over, have her spayed if you don't want it to happen all over again!!! IMHO,"that person managed to let a stray mutt get at her while she was on heat and now she's pregnant" is a total cop out as it is totally your responsibility.

Hi, my dog is in Aranyaprathet. im in sydney Australia, im heading back in 1 week. She was in full Lock up... i had built a very large cage with her own room and air-condition for her. Yeah it was expensive, They let this mutt in cus they felt she was lonely and she howls alot. i only started to learn about Spaying just before i left cus i was worried about this. she just 1 half years old =( yeah im angry at my self as well, but &lt;deleted&gt; let this mutt in...

i will follow ur advice and try my best for these pups.. hopefully they get her mothers looks and looks cute.

ANOTHER INCONSIDERATE OWNER.

making an excuse i was goner,you should have had it done before you left.

this smells of the posts of the professional seaman who couldnt do anything for himself and was left in charge of a

siberian husky bitch who was also on heat and the word used to describe other dogs getting in on the act MUTTS.

SPAYING AND NEUTERING

TROLL

hey buddy, I think we have talked in the past. you own the Alaskan malamute?( talking about the pure breed Siberians and malamutes in Thailand) i don't think that was nice to call me a troll as i am quite in distress about this. not sure i follow what you mean what smells other post?..when my dog is in my care she is well looks after and spare no expense for her. as i said im in sydney working and will be back in a week and someone opened the locked gate for the mutt. she still a puppy to me and yeah im just learning about spaying. as wayned pointed out termination for the puppys might be late and now i got to take care of these puppys and find a way to give them a good home

i am sorry rjt but some of your explanation doesnt wash with me,you say you went to great expense to build a large cage for her

[maybe you should try living in one] in her own air con room,yet who let this mutt in to have his wicked way with her.is it just a quoincidence that there is another thread started 2weeks ago about an owner of a young female husky who is also on heat, who has gone and left it with an invalid dogy-sitter.the dog is howling most of the day and a local mutt has been geting in through the gate to give her one,and was concerned that the dog had not been spayed.i rest my case until you prove me wrong.

OP...I agree with what wayned has said. I also have 6 dogs...3 females & 3 males.

All neutered & spayed. You made a mistake but you apparently had no choice while

the person you entrusted your pooch to messed up big time IMO. About all you can

do now, when you return to LOS that is...is to make her as comfortable as possible

and spend heaps of time with her and the pups when they "arrive". While you're in

Aussie ask a few vets when is the best time to neuter & spay her "kids"...you don't

wanna do it too early I have been told. The missus & I will have a chat and perhaps

we can take a pup off your hands if you cannot find a suitable home for all.

PM me after the birth...Good Luck with the new family.

PS...I'll take a Cubano, hand rolled of course.

Edited by sunshine51
  • Like 2

OP...I agree with what wayned has said. I also have 6 dogs...3 females & 3 males.

All neutered & spayed. You made a mistake but you apparently had no choice while

the person you entrusted your pooch to messed up big time IMO. About all you can

do now, when you return to LOS that is...is to make her as comfortable as possible

and spend heaps of time with her and the pups when they "arrive". While you're in

Aussie ask a few vets when is the best time to neuter & spay her "kids"...you don't

wanna do it too early I have been told. The missus & I will have a chat and perhaps

we can take a pup off your hands if you cannot find a suitable home for all.

PM me after the birth...Good Luck with the new family.

PS...I'll take a Cubano, hand rolled of course.

That is what i an going to do. do you live near aran? or bkk??? inspiring to see you take care of 6 dogs. Keep a eye out down the track and ill try and keep you posted. if the litter is small i might keep them all and neuter & spay them of course.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Since she is a large breed the liter will most likely be large. I raised Golden Retrievers and the smallest liter that I ever had was 9.

Since it is her first litter and you don't know exactly when the dastardly deed happened it's very important that you have her checked regularly by a good vet. The gestation period is around 63 days. Get her familiar with the area where you want her to have birth. All of mine in Thailand were born in the bathroom except the first litter which came out early in the back seat of my truck on the way from Samui to Nakhon Sawan. Some were actually born at the big rest area around Chumpon.

I only have one Golden left, he's almost 12, but I have 8 Thai mutts that have adopted me over the past 16 years. Good luck!

• Like 1

But seriously...a lot of folks will want a 'part-Husky'. My sister-in-law's Husky bitch got knocked up in the same way. She had no problem finding homes for the puppies. Let her have the litter. She gets to be a mom once in her life and she'll probably come out of it pretty well adjusted. But spay her afterwards. I doubt you'll have any problems finding homes for the pups. Best of luck.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

Thailand doesn't have a mixed dog problem. Not possible. Dogs in specific breeds might have been irresponsibly and so have genetic problems. Soi dogs are....dogs. The most natural dogs we get to see. Like catching a glimpse of life of early dogs and humans for 10,000 years before breeding. ^^

Fella goes into a bar and asks for a pint of anything but Chang. Why not Chang says the barman? Well, the last time I drank 10 pints of Chang and I ended up &lt;deleted&gt; skint! But Chang is the same price as other beers, says the barman, how could have ended up &lt;deleted&gt; skint? You don't understand, says the barman; Skint's my dog.

The bottom line is, "the poor dog is pregnant." All the finger/paw-pointing in the world isn't going to change that.

As for aborting the puppies, well I guess you have to consider if the world may have been a better place, had YOUR MUM Aborted you?

Let her have her puppies as others have suggested, do the right thing about finding decent homes for them and make sure you get your beautiful Husky attended to, so she doesn't have another litter.

All up to you. Just hope that you are a decent Human and take responsible action and NOT act like some Poxy Mutt. Which will it be????

• Like 1