NGO questions if the two Myanmar suspects are scapegoats

Lite Beer

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody here that lives on koh Tao?

Give us the word.....it's a very small island.....everyone knows what happened.

We have friends down there and from the begining they said there was a foreigner and Thai's involved. The story go like this. Mr. A is bi sexual and have friend Mr. B which is gay. They come for a romantic holiday but mr. A meets girl C and fall in love. Mr. B is very angry and hire mr. D and E to do help him kill A and C. Maybe it explains only two semen samples, maybe it explains the extreme violence of the crime and maybe it explains the fair hair that was reported to have been in the girls hand (which has now been swept under the carpet called Thai justice). But thats the rumor true or not.

That was One of the earliest stories and has no legs to it What so ever.

The argument in the bar was repeated lots. Lost face makes sense as motivation.

• Like 1

It's also widely known that drugs are rampant on the island.. If anyone has any experience you can see clearly see that Montriwat enjoys a dabble here and there, as does McAnna..

​Many Thai's believe there was a meeting on the beach that night with a few people, including the son, possibly Montriwat and some unknowns, Sean may have been used to lure Hannah and then things went pear shaped..

The story goes the son was involved or knew what happened and he immediately told his Father something bad went down on the beach.. That's why you can see the Father at the beach wearing gloves, montriwat is also there... making sure to remove any evidence....

• Like 2

If the British have the crime scene DNA then take the 3 guys DNA. DO they match? Yes, of course they do. Now where do you think a switch was made? The police would have to have gotten the DNA from the 3 guys a long time ago to do a switch but that is difficult to do since the British have the bodies and have done their own DNA. The British will report yes they are the criminal or hey wait a second.

You can also take parent DNA to verify you have the childs DNA but that does not seem necessary. This whole scenario is way too complicated for anyone to fabricate.

Well done woman, I have been questioning that from the moment it was announced that the murderers were Burmese migrants.

And I want the truth.......this case has affected me a lot.

Me too. I always question murder cases based on admissions of guilt when the death penalty is involved. The DNA evidence is a bit more problematic but without proper legal representation, it becomes suspicious. I fear a quick carrying out of the sentence.

The island's ruling chiefs have never been free from rumors of murders at least since early 2000s, when I stayed there for several months. Many Thais and foreigners living in the island may have heard of it. Of course it can be a typical rumor, which idle locals invent just to kill time. But, if rumors be somewhat believable, then no locals could object or challenge to them for fear in that somewhat isolated island.

Btw, arrested Myanmar guys seem to be Karen, judging from their faces, according to my Karen friend. If so, hope Myanmar consular general extends same treatment with mainstream Burmese to Karen.

The NGO lady deserves a medal for speaking up and Thailand, especially Koh Tao, will need a long time to recover from this atrocity and the coverup. Hopefully international court steps in now along with FBI, CIA, Secret Service, Scotland Yard - you name it - and rips the behinds of those corrupt, spineless police officers in charge wide open!

How long does it take from being charged of a crime until the court case trial starts in Thailand?

There is no time limit.

The trail will not happen soon,

it will be into the long future, when interest in this case will be forgotten, and when it disappears off the radar on here, yes here.

Then quick trial will proceed.

There may not be a trial until the 2023 Junta.

So next step in a country where these guys from Burma really MUST be guilty, is to find them dead some time soon, NOT enabling anyone to find out the real truth....Suicide or murder, what do you think will happen??

Glegolo

My money is on: They will hang themselves in their cell.

The Prime Minister of Thailand has congratulated the police and is to reward them.

There is no higher executive power in Thailand and therefore, that is that. Cover up or not, the case is both solved and closed. Any calls for any further action, complaints, investigation are a waste of time. The man with the soldiers at his back has spoken.

The only further action that might occur is that once the trial is over, the media may be told to drop any coverage and/or comment.

And this is one of the reasons I walked out of Thailand; no longer will I support such a regime with my money. In my view the only way to bring about change is for the expat community to walk out en mass instead of just moaning about this and other such crimes committed by the authorities. Those of you who stay and continue to support the country through your spending ought to be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves for not having the spine to take positive action.

Don't keep calling on the tourists to boycott Thailand when you could easily show the world your disgust through a mass walk out - such would be noticed by the international press, do considerable damage to tourism plus cut off masses amount of cash normally spent by the expats.

We have seen many incompetent acts by the authorities but the ones who are to truly blame are those who sit and moan and yet remain in a country that has puts no value on human life and providing the money continues to roll in they couldn't care less.

Take a good long hard look in the mirror - your money supports this behaviour and yet a trip to the border en mass would probably put an end to it; if nothing else at least you would no longer be culpable in supporting a country that values nothing more than money.

Do you really think the absence of farangs in this country will make it better? the best thing is to stay and report what you know in the international media, blogs, twitter etc. That way the Thai authorities will take note. It is no use leaving and reporting from outside.

We have friends down there and from the begining they said there was a foreigner and Thai's involved. The story go like this. Mr. A is bi sexual and have friend Mr. B which is gay. They come for a romantic holiday but mr. A meets girl C and fall in love. Mr. B is very angry and hire mr. D and E to do help him kill A and C. Maybe it explains only two semen samples, maybe it explains the extreme violence of the crime and maybe it explains the fair hair that was reported to have been in the girls hand (which has now been swept under the carpet called Thai justice). But thats the rumor true or not.

Why doesn't it have legs to stand on ?

How long does it take from being charged of a crime until the court case trial starts in Thailand?

There is no time limit.

The trail will not happen soon,

it will be into the long future, when interest in this case will be forgotten, and when it disappears off the radar on here, yes here.

Then quick trial will proceed.

There may not be a trial until the 2023 Junta.

Or Monday starts the trial if they still alive.

Execution Tuesday and Wednesday is medal of honor day for the police farce force.

Thursday is the final party with the headmaster and Friday the ferries are full of farang money again.

What a fine timetable,isn´t it ?

The only way to solve the "stand-off" between "they are guilty" and "no they're not" is for independent qualified 3rd party analysis of all the DNA obtained and the collection of DNA from all those who have refused to allow DNA sampling (I assume from what has been said previously - that some people have refused). Only then will the real fact be known - however I would think this is very unlikely for a number of reason -- that I leave for you to answer.

If only... I would imagine that some or all of the actual evidence has been destroyed, doctored or tampered with in some way, so it wouldn't matter who came to check it over. It is in fact game over for these Burmese fellas

If we are to believe the police for just one moment, what is the explanation for failing to collect / match their DNA from the very beginning?!?!? The suspects worked at the bar the victims were at just before being killed. Obviously that's the first place you go. And somehow the police failed to collect the DNA or their labs are so shi77y that the wrong info came back?

Or maybe their DNA was cleared and evidence was pointing to someone else - a suspect that would have been unacceptable for the police.

Best case scenario - Complete and utter incompetence by the Thai police (the suspects worked at the bar! The police were doing blanket DNA testing! How are these guys missed?!? Has any journalist asked this question?)

Worst case scenario - Police have framed innocent and powerless people to protect someone higher up

"Police have framed innocent and powerless people"

"Framed" is the wrong word. These guys appear to be willing volunteers to take the rap. Their families will be very proud of them for sacrificing their lives or freedom to financially help their families.

Why doesn't it have legs to stand on ?

Like I said from the very beginning - a hate crime! The person who smashed poor Hannahs face in wanted to disfigure her and get rid of that beautiful face. I could even believe that killer(s) and semen are unrelated and that someone else (Thai, Burmese, whatever) took "advantage" of the body and raped her post mortum what is quite disturbing, but a possibility. The murder however was done in rage and with the goal to punish Hannah. Feel utterly sad for the parents and hope they don't have to read this...

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 2

Well, you can't argue with the facts.

The DNA results from the victims said the attackers were Asian, so they arrested three Asians

I would really like to know if all traces of evidence were removed from the bodies before they made it back home and if follow up tests will be done at some point in the future. It could be years away but I'm sure the full proven truth will eventually emerge.

If that DNA exists outside Thailand then collecting samples to match it with will be trivial in the future.

In the case of rape, it is almost technically impossible to remove all the evidence (for reasons I refuse to post because the Thais read this forum). Any invasive techniques performed on the corpse will not only leave strong tell-tale evidence a cover-up was attempted, but will not remove the evidence.

This is not even a difficult case for Scotland Yard -- I fully expect their polished boots to be lodged in someone's posterior in the very near future. They are experts, and heavy-handed when required.

This situation requires a mailed fist, and I fully expect them to, circumspectly, use it before the previously mentioned boot is then a secondary procedure used as an alternative enema. Some of the most prominent and successful engineers and scientists were Scottish -- and those genes do not dilute. They are dominant.

thumbsup.gif

Well, you can't argue with the facts.

The DNA results from the victims said the attackers were Asian, so they arrested three Asians

I would really like to know if all traces of evidence were removed from the bodies before they made it back home and if follow up tests will be done at some point in the future. It could be years away but I'm sure the full proven truth will eventually emerge.

If that DNA exists outside Thailand then collecting samples to match it with will be trivial in the future.

In the case of rape, it is almost technically impossible to remove all the evidence (for reasons I refuse to post because the Thais read this forum). Any invasive techniques performed on the corpse will not only leave strong tell-tale evidence a cover-up was attempted, but will not remove the evidence.

This is not even a difficult case for Scotland Yard -- I fully expect their polished boots to be lodged in someone's posterior in the very near future. They are experts, and heavy-handed when required.

This situation requires a mailed fist, and I fully expect them to, circumspectly, use it before the previously mentioned boot is then a secondary procedure used as an alternative enema. Some of the most prominent and successful engineers and scientists were Scottish -- and those genes do not dilute. They are dominant.

thumbsup.gif

Yeh, the report is not due out until around January, so you can bet it's going to be detailed and complete.

Are they? Hard to say especially the one young man that looks so confused. However, innocent looks are deceiving. A knew a young man who basically blended in the high school crowd and never did anything out of the ordinary. A year after graduating high school he returned one September day just before classes ended for the day. It was a Thursday. He casually walked into the girls washroom, waited until a 14 year old came

in. After slicing her throat, he mastarbated on her and left the school. He was caught by the police later the same day. You never know what events initiate something as savage as killing a human.

However, I feel these two accused men aren't quite sure what they are getting into. I frankly don't believe they know their fate of trial and execution which will definitely happen. My suspinions believe that these men were told and promised that if they confessed and cooperate, they would be charged, tried, and after a certain amount of time, be quietly deported back to their country. I honestly can't see someone admitting to a murder knowing the consequences. I think these young men have a least some common sense. If they truly are guilty, well, time to sleep in the bed they made.

Edited by Raymond1967

It's now shaping up to be a Dark of the Moon Party -- not a Full Moon party.

As the brilliant Pink Floyd remarked "There is no dark side of the moon. It's all dark".

PARTY ON, Poindexter!

The new ad for tourists: Come to our island and buy drinks from murderers. Maybe you could be next!

Edited by FangFerang

Does anyone find fault with the media in Thailand for the way this case has unfolded? Admittedly, I don't follow many different outlets but the few stories I've seen throughout the case seem to do nothing more than amplify the info from the police. There's a lot of talk about an " independent investigation" which I would agree with, but where is the investigative journalism that would help disclose some of the murkiest details in this case? Does that even exist here?

Finally some one comes forward to "get to the truth".

I would like to see if there could be some way to establish a fund for hiring her and/or some other like minded people/orginization to do a third party investigation, test DNA, get DNA samples from "everyone on the Koh Tao, including the "Big Shot Island Headsmen and his family."

And have a very reputeable lawyer represent the Burmese.

And get any and all the press investigation reporters they can to report.

Edited by Alan653
  • Like 1

Does anyone find fault with the media in Thailand for the way this case has unfolded? Admittedly, I don't follow many different outlets but the few stories I've seen throughout the case seem to do nothing more than amplify the info from the police. There's a lot of talk about an " independent investigation" which I would agree with, but where is the investigative journalism that would help disclose some of the murkiest details in this case? Does that even exist here?

Still under martial law. The media are very careful and should be.