Murder suspects charged

Lite Beer

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/video/killers-show-how-they-murdered-british-tourists/vi-BB7dNZG

I saw the above video of the reenactment on MSN last night.

From what I saw, it looked more like a poorly choreographed charade. The police were holding on to them and showing them what to do. They even had to show Win I think it was how to hold the dustpan. Some reenactment?

I know you can not really judge someone by just looking at them. But I am sorry I just can not see Win, especially as a cold hearted, manic, savage murderer. It's in the eyes? I am afraid to say that I did see the photos of the scene on FB TV page. It would take someone really cold and manic to pose Hanna the way she was left.

In the OP it said that fellow Mayanmar workers had also noted suspicious behavior. Were these also fellow illegal immigrants. Who now have nice shiny visas?

jb1

Just to add, the statement from the Dictator in my mind now takes him below the lowest of the low. Time to get out of politics and look for a career in the Army.

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those two guys look tiny. I just want to know if the DNA that was originally taken and tested in Singapore

matches these guys. The Singapore labs would have the test results and I would like them to test these guys

for a match. Only then will I be 100% convinced.

Edited by Ulic

"Citing from the "confessions" of the two suspects, police said they entered Thailand about two weeks before the double murders, at dawn on September 15, and worked at AC Pub as general workers. The men said they hardly left the pub, as they had limited knowledge of the Thai language."

And yet they were able to under go interrogation and presumably sign confessions. Hope their translator was a good one.

If they were set up, then there would probably be a Burmese intermediary also on the take, to facilitate the capture of their own people (patsies). I'm yearning for that one piece of irrefutable evidence, but alas, it is yet to come.

It does say that fellow Burmese workers suspicious behavior and reported it to a Burmese worker chief who alerted the police. Presumably they will now be entitled to some of the reward too?

Maybe they are the guilty party and the DNA matches are true. Or maybe they haven't got a clue what's really happening in the nightmare that's suddenly engulfed them.

We shall never know. Case closed soon.

Some thing strange about these guys:

I always thought that The twisted sadistic brutal murders, anal raping and smashing in heads were likely committed by people out of their minds on some kind of volatile cocktail of drugs sending them into this crazy fury.

Yet, these two have only been on the island 2 weeks how could they already know where to buy those kind of drugs, they went to play guitar which is a calm past time? I cant see that turning into this violent crime

A person who is a twisted sadist by nature doesn't need to be out of their minds on drugs to commit a terrible act, typical its the act itself which is the "drug"

I am really not sure why people keep bringing this one about drugs up as an excuse for this as at no time in any of this "investigation" have drugs been mentioned

​Can we not concede there are some really warped people in this world, who don't need any help from drugs to do terrible things

to me at least the acts committed were intended to humiliate the person even in death and show how "powerful" they were over another person, why would some do something like this, 1 they are a psychopath who enjoys doing things like this or 2. the killer themselves was "humiliated" somehow by the victim and this is pay back to teach the victim a "lesson"

• Like 2

The phone was handed over to the police by Hannah's friend who had it for safe-keeping. The police also asked for the code, which was given.

So, if this phone was in police possession, how did it end up smashed and behind the accused's accommodation?

Maybe it was David's phone

No it was Hannah's phone, held by her female friend. Remember, Hannah and David were hardly acquainted and each had their own set of friends.

Why did the police try to bribe a taxi-driver to bear false witness two to three days before trotting out the present "culprits".

Why did the police have to show these "culprits" what to do at the reconstruction?

Surely, the reconstruction is for the police's benefit?

This is a frame-up done with exactly the same effectiveness as the original investigation and these dumb police think everyone is as dumb as they are.

Clumsy and amateurish investigation, clumsy and amateurish frame-up.

• Like 1

I really do hope that Sean has told everything he knows to someone in the media. His run-in with the bar manager and frantic Facebook posts really were the catalyst for all the conspiracy theories. Imagine if we'd never heard from Sean. I wonder whether this case would have be wound up much sooner?

Sean, why did you say the bar owner committed the crime?

Sean, what did you mean when you said the bar manager was the 'leader'?

Sean, you said that you were only guessing when you posted that David died defending Hannah. Yet you never said that you were only guessing when you named the murderer.

Sean, you made these explosive claims to the world.

What do you really know, Sean?

Tell the world now!

• Like 1

they keep saying that DNA was found on the body and on a cigarette butt

surely they used a rape test kit to determine the DNA in the victim

from what i have read there was the farang and 3 asian's involved

But DNA tests have found what exactly ?

• Like 1

All convenient and nicely wrapped up which of course everyone will accept without question.

What remains now is for them to plead guilty so little or no evidence, other than their ' confession ' needs to be produced and tested in court and they will hope their confession will be taken into account so they don't face the death penalty for screwing with Thais losing money over tourism, maybe that's part of the deal already.

I still have a few questions.

"Tip-off from Myanmar workers on Koh Tao played key role in arrests"...that is likely the KEY sentence in the report.

On Sept 26,...12 days into the investigation of the gisly murders of two, in-shape British backpackers, the reward for any "clue leading to the arrest of the murderers" rose Bt700,000 baht,...a super lottery win for any Myanmar National and their family.

The two scrawny Myanmar confessors,...who viciously attacked the faces of the Brits, which is a profile indication of personal anger,...were dwarfed by the 200 short statured Thai police surrounding them. Suspect Win appears to be less than 40kg....whereas the fit male Brit backpacker was nearly 90kg.

Looking foward to see if any independent, non-NCPO review will occur.

"Before martial law was declared, Gen Prayuth told me "Khun Suthep and your masses of PDRC supporters are too exhausted. It's now the duty of the army to take over the task," Mr Suthep said.

Edited by Ve37

will the owner of the AC Bar be liable in a civil lawsuit by the families of the victims for knowingly employing illegal immigrants ?

Obviously not. Nice idea though.

Is`nt it illegal, a criminal offence, to employ illegal immigrants anyway? So RTP can round up the owners and charge em today. Or not.

Why such violence against two white farang from Burmese. You would think they would take out their anger against Thais, because they are the slave owners and pay them peanuts and herd them like cattle.

I do not see their motive at all.

I do see a rich protected Thai having the motive and anger at farang on daddy's island.

DNA taken at the crime scene can be tainted before transported and tested to cover up the real killers. GARBAGE IN.. GARBAGE OUT.

Edited by IAMSOBAD
  • Like 2

All convenient and nicely wrapped up which of course everyone will accept without question.

What remains now is for them to plead guilty so little or no evidence, other than their ' confession ' needs to be produced and tested in court and they will hope their confession will be taken into account so they don't face the death penalty for screwing with Thais losing money over tourism, maybe that's part of the deal already.

Given this photo op they sure don't look like they had the confession beaten out of them. If their confessions have been bought where and who has that benefit?

Once again I want to congratulate the Royal Thai Police for the good work despite all the thai bashing thats been going on since day 1 of the murders.

Yes we do have a DNA match and together with all the other evidences I am pretty confident the Myanmar workers are the killers.

But also we have our own CSI team on facebook and privat detectives here on Thaivisa and despite all the "evidence" they have provided I do not see any scapegoats here, even if it can look like it if we only listened to gossip instead of real facts.

What this... cynical (to stay polite) people don´t realize, or don't care about, is that their self satisfied, uninformed, rumor mongering conspiracies are working towards denying the family of the victims closure to their tragedy.

Personally I find the behavior of the majority of posters in this thread beyond contempt.

There has been nothing on the Uk news today about these arrests, but then again another Uk hostage has just been beheaded by Islamic state so that was wall to wall covarage.

It was covered on skynews and bbc news yesterday (not in depth though-just a headline)

Given this photo op they sure don't look like they had the confession beaten out of them. If their confessions have been bought where and who has that benefit?

Confessions don't always have to be beaten out of suspects as there are more subtle ways depending on who the suspect is.

These Burmese come from a country where a Military Junta ran a very tight ship, where people disappeared no questions asked and so on and it's questionable how much it has changed.

Without intending to denigrate them they are probably not well educated if at all, they are working illegally in a foreign country and know what can happen at home so it's easy to imagine their fear at facing all sorts of threats including the death penalty but if they ' confess ' they can be spared.

I am of course presuming they actually understood what was going on.

Quite persuasive.

For those posters who seem convinced the headman's son committed the murders, do you really think if he killed the couple he would simply leave the bodies on the beach? With his resources they would surely have taken the bodies out to sea and dumped them, to save his own skin and protect the family business.

What could be worse for an island/ hotel/club or guesthouse than to have2 corpses bludgeoned to death in front of your business that relies on tourists?

Anyone with a vested interest in the island's business would have hidden those bodies if they had been the perpretators.

U dont know that.. if it was his 2 sons they maybe were drunk or on some drugs or idk...

But anyway i have a probably good if not the best question... coz i am always reading about DNA this UK that... so my question to you guys is (hopefully someone is here who knows a bit about the THAI law):

they are now the acused and will have a trial date right? so usually every lawyer has the right to bring expert witnesses into court.. so the easiest way (the UK has her body and the samples of the seamen DNA) is for the lawyer to get an UK expertwitness Scotland Yard or the FBI i read wanted to be involved too and just check the DNA himself with the DNA of these to burmese....

so the question is that possible to bing an expert witness from another country?

The answer of course would be "why not" However do you really think the Thais will care to do anything more than a fast hearing with a faster sentencing just to end the fears of all the Tourism being lost?

Tourism? I wouldn't go there and I hope nobody else does. How can anyone go there knowing two people were brutally killed on the beach?

Quite persuasive.

I think I am correct in saying that there have been reports that the suspects don't speak Thai, presumably don't read Thai, and the BIB never had a translator present and think its a fair assumption non of Thailand finest speak a "low" class language such as Burmese, one suspects the two suspects speak better English than the BiB, so it couldn't have been done in English, all the "legal" paperwork would be done in Thai.

So what would we conclude from this ?.... the two suspects have no idea what they have signed in way of a confession, they could have been told its a meal order for all they know, or admitting to killing Jimmy Hoffa

on this aspect alone, if true the suspects have had due process and a half brained lawyer, yes even in Thailand could get that confession thrown out

• Like 1

What is wrong with some of you lot???Cynical is not the right word. You talk down the Thai legal system as if the whole thing is riddled with crooks and fools. If they were after scapegoates it would not take so long to find them.If you really distrust Thailand so much maybe you would feel better back in your own country. All this sneering and conspiricy nonsense does not show much class and is an affront to the millions of honest decent Thai's. Or perhaps some of you only mingle in the lower quarters of the country and really don't know any better.

to check DNA, taken in Koh Tao and tested in BKK is not done in 1 day,

or di they send a military jet to transport the samples ?

No, it took time to match the DNA samples,

why they not allow SY to come and take DNA samples from the 3 scapegoats ??

Quite persuasive.

I think I am correct in saying that there have been reports that the suspects don't speak Thai, presumably don't read Thai, and the BIB never had a translator present and think its a fair assumption non of Thailand finest speak a "low" class language such as Burmese, one suspects the two suspects speak better English than the BiB, so it couldn't have been done in English, all the "legal" paperwork would be done in Thai.

So what would we conclude from this ?.... the two suspects have no idea what they have signed in way of a confession, they could have been told its a meal order for all they know, or admitting to killing Jimmy Hoffa

on this aspect alone, if true the suspects have had due process and a half brained lawyer, yes even in Thailand could get that confession thrown out

A first year law student could tear this apart IF given a chance at trial but what's the chance of that ?

I do believe there will be guilty pleas. Case closed.

• Like 1

For those posters who seem convinced the headman's son committed the murders, do you really think if he killed the couple he would simply leave the bodies on the beach? With his resources they would surely have taken the bodies out to sea and dumped them, to save his own skin and protect the family business.

What could be worse for an island/ hotel/club or guesthouse than to have2 corpses bludgeoned to death in front of your business that relies on tourists?

Anyone with a vested interest in the island's business would have hidden those bodies if they had been the perpretators.

This is a very logical point, in probably all our eyes.

Very difficult to argue and come up with a few explanations, but it's not the end of the road to evidence.

But what with this, while we are trying to spread some logic :

Police found the destroyed iPhone of the victim behind the house of one of the burmese suspects.

Why would a killer just drop such an proof in front of everybody's eyes ? Any killer with a little sense would at least have buried it, or threw it into the sea, made attempts so it will never be found.

Throw it behind your lodge ?

Both of us still have all the more reasons to come up with some logic.

How about because he knew he could get away with it? Father has the power to override any need to eliminate the evidence even if numerous witnesses saw him do it. And as to the phone 'found' in bushes behind the suspects lodgings, don't you think it's just too convenient? - And why wasn't the immediate vicinity searched before?

A lot of people are commenting that all the lawyers have to do is get Scotland yard experts to come over and refute the DNA etc. These lads will not have lawyers and if they do, it will be state (Dictator) appointed ones. Does anybody really believe these lawyers would risk upsetting anybody by doing such a thing as requesting corroboration from Farang experts and risk showing up the Thai experts for what they are? Never going to happen

The fact is, Scotland yard, the FBI, the CIA, Interpol, the SAS, or what every acronym someone wants to insert cannot get involved in this on Thai soil without an invitation from the Thai authorities or be seen to be meddling in the Thai "legal" process, so we know this will not happen.

Now with the current accusations flying about about the BiB scapegoating these suspects in the international press, if the BiB were sincere and honest in their intentions, it would follow they would invite someone from say Scotland yard to review things and make comment, this would be a common sense thing to do to quell the conspiracy theories and speculation that these arrests are a fit up.

Will the above happen, me thinks not.

The question would be is the BIB be capable/willing stitch someone to get a conviction ? based on their reputation, the answer has to be yes, and would have to say someone living here most likely has a 50/50 chance of being "stitched up" for something at some point in their stay in Thailand, whether a bung for a "driving offense" or something more serious, it is common knowledge the whole RTP is corrupt and bent, they even have a suspected murderer as a firearms instructor...w00t.gif

So on balance in IMHO if we play percentages, there is a greater than 80% chance these suspects have been scapegoated..

• Like 1

ThaiVisa members seem disappointed the Killers are not Thai.

There seems to be a real hatred of Thailand and Thai people by many posters here, yet you live in Thailand and probably have a Thai partner, I find that amusing. laugh.png

Edited by Banzai99
  • Like 2

why is there no congruence in any of the stories. Now it said these burmese stole the victims phone and money, when previously it had been said the police have ruled out robbery as a motive as the victims possession were still on the them..

I feel sick

• Like 1

The two arrested don't speak Thai, so it would be interesting to see how the interrogation went on through an interpreter.

What interpreter

The interrogation interview most likely went like this....

whack, whack, whack, sound of falling chair, moans, sound of boiling kettle, more screams..."YOU SIGN paper, or next time you die"

U dont know that.. if it was his 2 sons they maybe were drunk or on some drugs or idk...

But anyway i have a probably good if not the best question... coz i am always reading about DNA this UK that... so my question to you guys is (hopefully someone is here who knows a bit about the THAI law):

they are now the acused and will have a trial date right? so usually every lawyer has the right to bring expert witnesses into court.. so the easiest way (the UK has her body and the samples of the seamen DNA) is for the lawyer to get an UK expertwitness Scotland Yard or the FBI i read wanted to be involved too and just check the DNA himself with the DNA of these to burmese....

so the question is that possible to bring an expert witness from another country?

Pardon me, but the above post is naive. There won't be a real trial. So forget about all that dross about 'expert witnesses' and 'independent testing of DNA.' There will be a quick show-trial at best which will be cut off from prying eyes. Hey, the Burmese men have already been found guilty, isn't that clear? They've also been denied legal representation. They're Burmese. They have no rights, no due process, no money, no voice, no advocates in Thailand. Even if a lawyer was appointed, he would either be a shill for the establishment or he/she would be mysteriously snuffed out (happened to a Thai attorney representing anti-establishment Muslim youths, about 10 yrs ago). Thai due process makes N.Korea look tolerant and easy-going.

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha praised the police for the breakthrough in the much-publicised case, saying he would soon reward them." Reward them for what?

Reward for wrapping this up with non-Thais found guilty (the original plan) - so tourism can get back on track a.s.a.p. and money continue to roll in.

Here's an equation, Thai style:

Veracity + nailing the real culprits = ZERO.

bolstering rosy image + making money = 1,000,000