Murder suspects charged

Lite Beer

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once again I want to congratulate the Royal Thai Police for the good work despite all the thai bashing thats been going on since day 1 of the murders.

Yes we do have a DNA match and together with all the other evidences I am pretty confident the Myanmar workers are the killers.

But also we have our own CSI team on facebook and privat detectives here on Thaivisa and despite all the "evidence" they have provided I do not see any scapegoats here, even if it can look like it if we only listened to gossip instead of real facts.

Only pretty confident??? You should be 100% confident in your amazing Police Force. They are the best and most competent force in the whole wide world.

Statistical probability would favor the migrants for the crime as they are the most numerous (and poorest) population on the island. I think there were attempts to derail the investigation by some of the Thai businessmen on the island due to the fact that they hired undocumented workers so they are complicent and breaking laws by hirling them. Most Burmese on the island are rather conservative and humble, they are as horified by this as everyone, that is why they turned in their countrymen.

Statistical probability would favor the migrants for the crime as they are the most numerous (and poorest) population on the island. I think there were attempts to derail the investigation by some of the Thai businessmen on the island due to the fact that they hired undocumented workers so they are complicent and breaking laws by hirling them. Most Burmese on the island are rather conservative and humble, they are as horified by this as everyone, that is why they turned in their countrymen.

Nobody is going to protect migrant workers. Look how quickly everything was sorted as soon as they found their scapegoats!

What do you bet we see some jail suicides shortly? All loose ends wrapped up; no trial necessary.

My wife offered this observation (forgive me if it has already been stated; I didn't read the entire thread) -- Normally, at the crime scene re-enactment, the crowd will try to attack the perps, even with police there. In this case, no one tried to attack those two -- because everyone understands they are innocent.

• Like 2

A damaged iPhone belonging to one of the victims is found in bushes behind the house where Win, one of the suspects, lives.

This phone ?

attachicon.gifvictims-phone-given-to-police-day-after-murder-photo.jpg

So her phone was planted by some-one behind their shack.

It should have the guys finger prints all over it, but that has never been reported.

I don't think anyone can be that stupid to just throw it behind their home

There has been nothing on the Uk news today about these arrests, but then again another Uk hostage has just been beheaded by Islamic state so that was wall to wall covarage.

love your tv name, was 1986 the year we beat west brom 3-2 at wembly

What do you bet we see some jail suicides shortly? All loose ends wrapped up; no trial necessary.

My wife offered this observation (forgive me if it has already been stated; I didn't read the entire thread) -- Normally, at the crime scene re-enactment, the crowd will try to attack the perps, even with police there. In this case, no one tried to attack those two -- because everyone understands they are innocent. [/quote

In crowd re-enactments the people who attack the suspects are 99% family members or close friends of the victim. That wouldn't apply in this case.

• Like 1

"Citing from the "confessions" of the two suspects, police said they entered Thailand about two weeks before the double murders, at dawn on September 15, and worked at AC Pub as general workers. The men said they hardly left the pub, as they had limited knowledge of the Thai language."

And yet they were able to under go interrogation and presumably sign confessions. Hope their translator was a good one.

If they were set up, then there would probably be a Burmese intermediary also on the take, to facilitate the capture of their own people (patsies). I'm yearning for that one piece of irrefutable evidence, but alas, it is yet to come.

Welcome to trial by media and justice Thai style. The three arrested men may be guilty of involvement in this horrendous crime, but until the case is proven in court they have a right to be presumed innocent.

You would never know this from the post-arrest publicity, not least from the statement from the country's new Prime Minister that the police responsible for "resolving" the murder will be rewarded.

In any civilised country, a court would throw out the case against them on the grounds that it was now impossible for them to be tried by an impartial jury.

Of course it won't happen here. What are the lives of three impoverished, exploited illegal immigrants when balanced against the damage to the tourist trade of an unsolved double murder?

So here's the State's evidence:

1) The suspects admited to actions well publicized immediately after the murders and throughout the "investigation." There is no mention of evidence or actions that would have been known only to the killers. Of course if there was, the police would have not revealed it to the public unti arrests were made - which has not happened.

2) Fellow Mynamar workers had also noticed "suspicious behaviour" from the two after the murders. A British friend of the victims quickly left the island after the murders - wasn't that too suspicious? In fact there was a whole lot of suspicious behavior by many people on the island before and after the murders.

3) DNA match - which the police seemed to relunctantly consider in the beginning because no Thai would have committed such crimes. Given the loss of police credibility early on in the investigation, the case begged for an independent 3rd party DNA test, especially for the accussed. But it seems their confession following their "interrogation" at an UNDISCLOSED SAFE HOUSE and not at a police station with an attorney present is what has driven the indictments.

Now Gen. Prayuth wants to reward the police for the arrests. Conviction already seems to have the backing of the NCPO and that should be good enough for any Thai court.

There is only one greater crime than murder and that's the wrongful conviction of the accused. I hope for the sake of law and order in Thailand that this case and others like it make convictions that are beyond the shadow of a doubt with full exercise of human rights. But that's going to be hard to achieve by a government created out of an illegal overthrow of an elected government and maintained through absolute power.

• Like 1

The phone was handed over to the police by Hannah's friend who had it for safe-keeping. The police also asked for the code, which was given.

So, if this phone was in police possession, how did it end up smashed and behind the accused's accommodation?

Maybe it was David's phone

I'm really sorry, but who should believe this weird story. DNA can be manipulated in this country, without a problem.

Why did the cops try to convince a cab driver to come up with a story that wasn't true? Maybe to cover somebody, who's living there?

The hoe seems to have legs and walked from A to B. The phone was found at the Burmese guy's place, smashed? Wouldn't a killer try to get rid off all suspect items?

What about the one guy, who's got a good friend at the cops? It doesn't make sense anymore. Even when they're telling us that the DNA is 100%.

The one guy, a son of the bar owner's DNA matched to 80 %? <deleted> is wrong in the Land of Why's????????--facepalm.gif

Some thing strange about these guys:

I always thought that The twisted sadistic brutal murders, anal raping and smashing in heads were likely committed by people out of their minds on some kind of volatile cocktail of drugs sending them into this crazy fury.

Yet, these two have only been on the island 2 weeks how could they already know where to buy those kind of drugs, they went to play guitar which is a calm past time? I cant see that turning into this violent crime

• Like 1

Perhaps the question should not be did they do it, rather - did they do it alone...

The first guy to confess was reported - by PBS, quoting a senior police officer - to have described the way three of them had sat together and then committed the crime, together. Mere hours later this had changed and remarkably one had left before the crime took place. Why would the confession differ from the 'truth' so drastically?

If it is true there was an earlier altercation in AC bar involving the two victims, then it is very possible a third person was involved - the real instigator. A person hellbent on vengeance, perhaps not interested in rape, but took pleasure in seeing the girl get molested by his accomplices. No DNA left behind, alibis, material witnesses in place. Never there...

Speculation yes, but sadly the only explanation that makes sense (to me). Two youngsters see a couple in the dark, 60 meters away and decide to murder/rape them? They would see couples on the beach every night, but this night was so different? Also we hear nothing about drug testing - if they are users then it would have been big news, but if they are not it makes the motiveless crime seem even more unbelievable.

So, accept this DNA matching to be true, but don't for one minute think the entire truth will ever be known.

• Like 1

In any civilised country, a court would throw out the case against them on the grounds that it was now impossible for them to be tried by an impartial jury.

Assuming of course said countries use a jury system as part of their legal system, not all countries have LA law or Rumpole of the Bailey

even in the Civilized world wink.png

The two told police that they had raped the woman and killed her, before stealing her mobile phone and other belongings, and destroyed the unit at the back of their living quarters.

they obviously haven't seen the pic of Hannah's mobile phone on the policemans desk the day after the murder

post-155264-0-89058200-1412398046_thumb.

Perhaps the question should not be did they do it, rather - did they do it alone...

The first guy to confess was reported - by PBS, quoting a senior police officer - to have described the way three of them had sat together and then committed the crime, together. Mere hours later this had changed and remarkably one had left before the crime took place. Why would the confession differ from the 'truth' so drastically?

If it is true there was an earlier altercation in AC bar involving the two victims, then it is very possible a third person was involved - the real instigator. A person hellbent on vengeance, perhaps not interested in rape, but took pleasure in seeing the girl get molested by his accomplices. No DNA left behind, alibis, material witnesses in place. Never there...

Speculation yes, but sadly the only explanation that makes sense (to me). Two youngsters see a couple in the dark, 60 meters away and decide to murder/rape them? They would see couples on the beach every night, but this night was so different? Also we hear nothing about drug testing - if they are users then it would have been big news, but if they are not it makes the motiveless crime seem even more unbelievable.

So, accept this DNA matching to be true, but don't for one minute think the entire truth will ever be known.

Interesting. I have thought something similar to you. It would be very difficult for two to commit this crime on their own, even with weapons. If they each attacked one victim the noise would surely have drawn attention. Maybe they had some help, and direction from someone who could give them instruction. Maybe the missing 2 mins of CCTV would show who that person(s) is/are. Maybe that's why they stayed. They thought they would be protected or a deal has been done to pay their families.

Or maybe they were drugged / boozed up, and simply did it and hoped it would all blow over.

Pure speculation of course. But the media circus, the ever changing stories, the reactions of some wealthy individuals all add up to created doubts and increase the speculation.

• Like 1

So here's the State's evidence:

1) The suspects admited to actions well publicized immediately after the murders and throughout the "investigation." There is no mention of evidence or actions that would have been known only to the killers. Of course if there was, the police would have not revealed it to the public unti arrests were made - which has not happened.

2) Fellow Mynamar workers had also noticed "suspicious behaviour" from the two after the murders. A British friend of the victims quickly left the island after the murders - wasn't that too suspicious? In fact there was a whole lot of suspicious behavior by many people on the island before and after the murders.

3) DNA match - which the police seemed to relunctantly consider in the beginning because no Thai would have committed such crimes. Given the loss of police credibility early on in the investigation, the case begged for an independent 3rd party DNA test, especially for the accussed. But it seems their confession following their "interrogation" at an UNDISCLOSED SAFE HOUSE and not at a police station with an attorney present is what has driven the indictments.

Now Gen. Prayuth wants to reward the police for the arrests. Conviction already seems to have the backing of the NCPO and that should be good enough for any Thai court.

There is only one greater crime than murder and that's the wrongful conviction of the accused. I hope for the sake of law and order in Thailand that this case and others like it make convictions that are beyond the shadow of a doubt with full exercise of human rights. But that's going to be hard to achieve by a government created out of an illegal overthrow of an elected government and maintained through absolute power.

You make some valid interesting comments about the case.

Then go and spoil it with a political rant. We all know you support the Shin regime but do try and show some respect for the victims. This is about a vile murder not about Thaksin's struggle to get power.