Thailand beach murders: Police defend bizarre public 'reconstruction' of slayings by suspects

Lite Beer

Never mind boiling water - this whole farcical debacle makes my blood boil.

There is SO much evidence to suggest that these 2 migrant workers are NOT the killers, that I'm surprised that some international agency hasn't stepped in to set this to rights.

However - the DNA samples will have been tampered with by now - there's probably no real way of getting things verified properly.

Oh God in heaven above - please bring justice to this case - expose the truth and in the process, please help Thailand to WAKE THE HECK UP!!!!!!!!!!

If you commit a crime, you must pay the consequences. You may think you can escape scot-free right now - but believe you me, it will always come around in the end.

But hey - the Thai's know that, right?

They're Buddhist, so they must. They live by the laws of Karma, which they believe in stoically, right?

Someone? Anyone? Please tell me I'm right??!

Many thais I talk to don't believe for a single second the police's line. But they also don't believe in wrecking the country's reputation further by speaking up about it. IIRC a newspaper predicted that the police would find some convenient scapegoat.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is proven to be a set up then I think the world will shame Thailand to the point that no one will want to go there.

I know how they can prove or disprove it, but I am not going to talk about that. The Thais in power are uneducated, and they are not paying me. More eyes than farang read this blog...

I wish them the worst of luck, and pray the Buddha brings you.....compassion.

I'm sorry, but the RTP keep getting deeper and deeper into shiiiit. Remember ALL these GENERALS started out taking tea money and payola as rookie cons/cops. They've had twenty to thirty years to perfect lying and scamming.

Follow the money.

I have not closely followed the details of this case. It does make reasonable sense to me that a couple of poorly paid immigrant workers -- who maybe have gone without sex for weeks or months or more -- could be on the beach at 4 AM drunk and/or doing drugs and could be sent into a frenzy when they realize two farangs are having sex on the beach close to them with the resultant outcome. It does not make much sense to me that a wealthy Thai scion of the local bigwigs who can get laid any time he wants would have a similar reaction if he stumbles upon the same couple under the same circumstances.
... unless there was some scenario that the girl had been propositioned earlier by a wealthy Thai and refused with the resultant outcome but I don't think applies.

One of the very earliest stories, after the murders became known, stated that Hanna was being hit upon by a Thai man (men?) and that David intervened to rescue her.

Right there is your motive... LOSS OF <deleted> FACE.

Congratulations. Case solved. If that was the case though there would have multiple witnesses to such event in a bar and they have not come forward to identify the spurned hitter.

I have only said what makes sense and what makes less sense.

wow.. you just don't get it do you? NOBODY would come forward to give evidence against a local. You just don't understand how powerful they are do you? The headman and his sons actually refused to give a DNA sample and the police allowed that, can you learn nothing from things like this?

I have only said that the scenario of a couple of drunk/drugged poor immigrant workers getting aroused from 2 farangs copulating on the beach at 4 AM makes more sense then the convoluted scenario you are suggesting. As to which is true, I guess I don't get it like you are hypothesizing.

• Like 1

However - the DNA samples will have been tampered with by now - there's probably no real way of getting things verified properly.

The only solid way is if there was a forensic examination of Hanna back in Brittan and DNA recovered and send a team over to personally take DNA samples from the accused for comparison. Odds pretty low of that being allowed I suspect.

No need as I've posted many times ... they're now so infamous I'm sure their Burmese families would joyfully give a sample of theirs to save them ... or am I being stupid ???

The Sky News reporter who stepped in to her own story should be ashamed of herself.

A reporter with shame? No such thing Jennifer

And so should every expat who remains in Thailand and supports the regime. Oh how you so easily berate others and yet do nothing tangible yourself to improve the situation... your money ultimately fuels their corrupt system.

The Sky News reporter who stepped in to her own story should be ashamed of herself.

Yes and so should every expat who remains in Thailand for they all financial support such a regime. I hear so much about disgust and indignation and yet none of you really do what is necessary ... leave and ensure your money doesn't continue to fuel their corrupt ways.

• Like 1

Bluespunk, on 04 Oct 2014 - 15:51, said:
Anthony5, on 04 Oct 2014 - 13:40, said:

Todays re-enactment was greeted with dismay around the world.

A tourist was chosen to play 24-year-old David while a female TV journalist took the role of Hannah.

Maybe it was actually the first soap rewritten by the good general, returning happiness to the Thai people

Really? You think this tragedy is the place to come out with your anti govt rhetoric?

Really! Don't you think there are more important things for you to focus on?

• Like 1

I have not closely followed the details of this case. It does make reasonable sense to me that a couple of poorly paid immigrant workers -- who maybe have gone without sex for weeks or months or more -- could be on the beach at 4 AM drunk and/or doing drugs and could be sent into a frenzy when they realize two farangs are having sex on the beach close to them with the resultant outcome. It does not make much sense to me that a wealthy Thai scion of the local bigwigs who can get laid any time he wants would have a similar reaction if he stumbles upon the same couple under the same circumstances.

... unless there was some scenario that the girl had been propositioned earlier by a wealthy Thai and refused with the resultant outcome but I don't think applies.

Rape is usually not about the sex. It's about power and control. Look it up.

I have only again said what is plausible. I don't have to look anything up.

something I don't understand .. If I had killed these 2 people and a whole police team is searching for the killer with DNA tests ..and especially try to frame foreigners, I would not been on that island anymore after 10 days, but try to get home as quickly as possible.

Yes and so should every expat who remains in Thailand for they all financial support such a regime. I hear so much about disgust and indignation and yet none of you really do what is necessary ... leave and ensure your money doesn't continue to fuel their corrupt ways.

Ah, impetuous youth! Tell you what, you go and be proud of yourself, I'll stay and be proud also, how's that.

• Like 2

all of this Thai bashing, is really getting to be too much! Let the police do their work, and stay out of this! This murder, should have never been a topic, open for discussion on this forum. All of the negative bs from TV members has hurt the investigation, I am really embarrassed for some of you, you are really setting back, Thai, Farang relations!! How would you like it if foreigners came to your home country and continually insulted you, calling you stupid and worse. This is a everyday occurrence on TV, I only hope that Thai people are not reading these derogatory comments. Please remember, that Thailand is our host country, and that we are guests, and if we don't like it, then we need to go!

Well maybe if they didn't do such stupid things we wouldn't need to. Or are you suggesting we should tow the line?

• Like 2

A reporter with shame? No such thing Jennifer

And so should every expat who remains in Thailand and supports the regime. Oh how you so easily berate others and yet do nothing tangible yourself to improve the situation... your money ultimately fuels their corrupt system.

I quit Thailand already. I have no desire to live under martial law with a dictator running the show. I will return when the timing is right. How about you?

Where did you move to?

• Like 1

Police say the pair have signed confessions to the killings.

Waow - literate burmese workers who can read and write Thai to. Shame they wasted their intellect murdering

Is this version 1.0 where there were three perps, or is this the latest release where everything fits all nice and conveniently after one of them changed his mind?

As a lawyer and Medic, I am utterly appalled at the outcome of this case. So many posters already predicted that Burmese migrant workers would be accused in the end, but even I doubted if the Police could be that unwary and unwitting to produce an outcome such as this, when the world's spotlight is directly on them.

Everything I hear and read flies in the face of evidence and the truth. What on earth are they thinking of? Are there no psychologists available to point them to the likely reaction of the rest of the world's opinion?

• Like 2

coma, on 04 Oct 2014 - 16:48, said:coma, on 04 Oct 2014 - 16:48, said:

An outrage. Not just te scapegoat side of it. But the fact that they think we're ALL stupid enough to believe them

I don't know if that's completely true, what I believe it's being played out more to a gullible Thai public, hoping they will be seen to be doing an excellent job. They still haven't come to grips with how us foreigners think, or that we actually think and question.

Edited by MediaWatcher

One of the very earliest stories, after the murders became known, stated that Hanna was being hit upon by a Thai man (men?) and that David intervened to rescue her.

Right there is your motive... LOSS OF F*****G FACE.

Congratulations. Case solved. If that was the case though there would have multiple witnesses to such event in a bar and they have not come forward to identify the spurned hitter.

I have only said what makes sense and what makes less sense.

wow.. you just don't get it do you? NOBODY would come forward to give evidence against a local. You just don't understand how powerful they are do you? The headman and his sons actually refused to give a DNA sample and the police allowed that, can you learn nothing from things like this?

I have only said that the scenario of a couple of drunk/drugged poor immigrant workers getting aroused from 2 farangs copulating on the beach at 4 AM makes more sense then the convoluted scenario you are suggesting. As to which is true, I guess I don't get it like you are hypothesizing.

So you are saying instead that the scenario of these 2 aroused tiny men killing David by inflicting knife wounds but with a hoe, while Hannah was silently witnessing and then, still aroused after killing the David, raping Hannah and then inflicting those terrible hits on her face, just to go back and throw her phone behind their room, makes more sense?

First of all there is no DNA of David on Hannah, then in my experience since I lived for few years on those islands, what can I say is these young Burmese don't drink much and don't take drugs as the little money they make is sent back home, they are very fearful and respectful of thai and foreign people and would not do anything like this unless dragged into it.

Considering that their confession has been received without a proper translator and a lawyer and all the other issues in the evidences of the investigation (ie. they are much shorter than the height declared at first by police, the phone being given to police by Hanna's friend, ........) I believe they should be considered innocent until a credible version with indisputable evidences is provided.

• Like 2