Thailand beach murders: Police defend bizarre public 'reconstruction' of slayings by suspects

Lite Beer

I think this time the Thai investigative and judicial system has gone too far. Wake up, World!

You are not on your own, evidently the majority of us here on TV forum feel the same way.

But if the world don't want to wake up then this world deserves countries like Thailand.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps they should have called it 'reverse engineering' instead of reconstruction?

They needed 5 hours of 'interrogation'....I think they were rehearsing their little play on the beach.

Despite 200 police, there was little reaction from the onlookers. I would have thought business owners would be hopping mad at the loss of business....but no. Nothing!

I think this time the Thai investigative and judicial system has gone too far. Wake up, World!

You are not on your own, evidently the majority of us here on TV forum feel the same way.

But if the world don't want to wake up then this world deserves countries like Thailand.

If nothing changed except the suspects were from a rich Thai family instead of immigrant workers then few posters here would be doing anything but celebrating now.

In theatre, a farce is a comedy that aims at entertaining the audience through situations that are highly exaggerated, extravagant, and thus improbable.[1] Farces are often highly incomprehensible plot-wise (due to the many plot twists and random events that occur), but viewers are encouraged not to try to follow the plot in order to avoid becoming confused and overwhelmed. Farce is also characterized by physical humor, the use of deliberate absurdity or nonsense, and broadly stylized performances. Farces have been written for the stage and film. Furthermore, a farce is also often set in one particular location, where all events occur.

And here I was thinking this stopped in the middle ages.

• Like 1

1. Why would the village head go to all the trouble of falsifying dates at the university and his sons condo building caught on CCTV

2. He said himself his son went back to university the morning after.

3. Why was the son hidden for a week.

4. Why offer 1,000.00 baht proving his family had nothing to do with it-he didn't offer a 1.000.00 baht reward to find the killers. He'd have been a hero on the island forever a statue built in his honour.

and on it goes

Better question is why did / were they allowed to refuse to provide DNA samples ? Above the Law Fear ,

around the moobaan where I live in CM the general Thai-consensus seems to be that the 2-burmese boys didn't do it.

My wife has an interesting hypothesis ; the village head son raped but didn't murder ,he instead forced the Burmese boys,who were nearby to kill the couple or be killed themselves. She said you have no idea the power these kind of people have in Thailand.

She feels that a rich-Thai couldn't do such a brutal murder but has no problem to force someone else to do the dirty work.

will the truth ever be known??....

You forgot the part about the rich Thai son forced the 2 or 3 immigrants to masturbate on the victim as well as how he managed to force David to watch him rape Hannah before he had the migrant workers come kill and him and her.

Unreal how nonsensical people have become because it turned out they were wrong in what they originally suspected.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

was looking at the CSI LA facebook page , some pictures and important facts over there. However the guy who run this page with more than 100 000 folowers also write stuff like :

the Burmese suspect left from his work to go play guitar at: 23:10:23 (11:10pm)
Hannah entered AC Bar 0:06 (12:06am)
David entered AC Bar 2:06 am
I am also a guitar player. However, I can't play for 3 hours. The most I could do would be 1.5 hours. The estimated time of death was 3am.

I believe the Karma is real. David Miller was a hero who tried to help Hannah. Unfortunately he got killed. My name is also David. David and Hannah got killed on my Birthday. Isn't that amazing?

Like many here i think the police is a joke in this story , but its sad to see that a retard like CSI LA is the word of truth for thousand of people....

Edited by SlyouThai
  • Like 2

It just doesn't add-up, apparently many slits were found in different parts of the male's head. A weapon other than a hoe was used?

I found this on CSI LA Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210

And this was the attached text

"

<<<< Thai language removed >>>>

Sean did not tell everything and wasn't completely honest in his interview. His wound did not come from a bike accident. Sean was likely present... when the struggle took place between David and his assailants. The cut wounds on Sean's right arm and right leg are nearly a perfect match with the wound found on David. I believe Sean was trying to stop the fight between David and the perpetrators. Therefore, the likelihood is almost certain that Sean knows who played a part in David's murder (and possibly Hannah's as well). So ... why did the authorities allow Sean to leave the country?"

All concerned people on here could also sign the petition.

http://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller?recruiter=88859042&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

post-69687-0-94516500-1412431055_thumb.j

Edited by metisdead
Thai language edited out of post. This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language, except in the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed.
  • Like 1

something I don't understand .. If I had killed these 2 people and a whole police team is searching for the killer with DNA tests ..and especially try to frame foreigners, I would not been on that island anymore after 10 days, but try to get home as quickly as possible.

That has already been explained earlier.

It¨'s not easy to get back to Myanmar , almost impossible for them . They lived with their family , one of the guys has a wife with him . He would not leave them behind, and no money , where would he escape to? This island was their home. ...

Your not really making any sense yknow. according to police they had only arrived a couple of weeks ago... hardly a home

It is easy to get back to Myanmar from there once on the mainland, sorry but not leaving people behind when youve done a double murder rape a few hundred yards away is also very unlikely..

Money np for getting enough to travel. Really its not hard to get money you make it sound impossible.

Once off KT its a shortish run to the border along the whole central and north west mountian region and mekong to myanmar its really not hard to avoid any checkpoints.

You dont commit this kind of murder in such a brutal manner and stick around let alone dump a victims phone outside your hut.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

all of this Thai bashing, is really getting to be too much! Let the police do their work, and stay out of this! This murder, should have never been a topic, open for discussion on this forum. All of the negative bs from TV members has hurt the investigation, I am really embarrassed for some of you, you are really setting back, Thai, Farang relations!! How would you like it if foreigners came to your home country and continually insulted you, calling you stupid and worse. This is a everyday occurrence on TV, I only hope that Thai people are not reading these derogatory comments. Please remember, that Thailand is our host country, and that we are guests, and if we don't like it, then we need to go!

"In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing."

From Edward Burke.

• Like 1

Could someone have a look at CSI LA facebook timeline photo's and see if the guy next to the man in long sleeve light blue shirt is Mon the brother of the headman.

I don't know how to transfer it to this post it here.

The picture has 2 men in navy shirts with their back to the camera. He is left side in front with a mid blue checked type shirt NEXT to saw. I did see him again observing from the back near a tree.

I'm certain it's him.

David was killed with a knife, oddly Sean was seen in a shot with similar injuries to his hand and right calf. Back to plan A.

I'm concerned that they will get the Death Penalty next week, how long after the sentencing does it take to follow through. A week, 1 year?

I would imagine they'd rush this through quickly.

Are there any Lawyers available in Bangkok that would take this on or are they pushing their luck with the Army.

Anyone looking for donations I'd gladly contribute. Just PM me.

I would say very clearly thats a phone inside a leather 'folio' case.. Looks like an Iphone 4 or 5 to me.

Identical objects, an iPhone 4 or 5?

attachicon.gifp-top.jpg

attachicon.gifp-bottom.jpg

No thats a glasses case and a phone, you got the wrong photo comparisions, try comparing the phone with the pic of hannahs friend with police, they are the same model and case if not the same phone.

The phone in pic#1 is leaning against the case same same

• Like 1

for sure this will help thai tourist trade,Total disgrace ,is there beach in Laos ? ,looks like they been framed ?

":.....is there beach in Laos ?"

Actually there are hundreds along the Mekong, Si Phan Don, Laos.. May not be quite so idyllic as islands in the sea, but in this case, who knows, maybe safer?

Could someone have a look at CSI LA facebook timeline photo's and see if the guy next to the man in long sleeve light blue shirt is Mon the brother of the headman.

I don't know how to transfer it to this post it here.

The picture has 2 men in navy shirts with their back to the camera. He is left side in front with a mid blue checked type shirt NEXT to saw. I did see him again observing from the back near a tree.

I'm certain it's him.

David was killed with a knife, oddly Sean was seen in a shot with similar injuries to his hand and right calf. Back to plan A.

I'm concerned that they will get the Death Penalty next week, how long after the sentencing does it take to follow through. A week, 1 year?

I would imagine they'd rush this through quickly.

Are there any Lawyers available in Bangkok that would take this on or are they pushing their luck with the Army.

Anyone looking for donations I'd gladly contribute. Just PM me.

Getting a Lawyer that is genuinely likely to try to help the accused or be of any worth is going to be hard to find.

They have to fit the requirements of Thai law if not Thai which arnt easy to fill.

Yes any Thai practice taking it would be pushing their luck and its not unknown for lawyers to end up disappeared in some sensitive cases.

If they have refused a lawyer no one can make them have one.

sentencing with a confession wont take long at all, it dosnt have to be argued or really even proven without any doubt. A confession is enough.

Which is why its SO important to ask these questions and bring pressure to bare now in the public domain.

If its so watertight and they did do it there should be no problem having a full investigative case. thats of course if people are really interested in proving these are the killers without a shadow of a doubt.. and the world would be very happy to see it done and closure for all

• Like 1

Sorry to belabour the point but in the crime pictures the deceased females face has been completely destroyed...smashed to peices and her head entirely caved in (she has been struck repeatedly over and over again in pure rage and total loss of control)....in stark contrast the deceased male has been killed with 2 or 3 simple blows to the back/side of the head and his face is completely intact as if he is almost sleeping....apart from the wounds in the back of his head he looks absolutely untouched.

The contrast is striking and in my opinion hugely significant....i hate armchair detectives but this particular scene is just inescapable.

No way in this world was this committed by those Burmese on a whim. The way the girls face was utterly destroyed is symbolic of something far far different to simple sexual desire....this is someone used to having his own way denied something he wanted with probably a huge loss of face added to the mix and an ample does of xenophobia and entitlment.

And your degrees and experience in forensic medicine and psychiatry are from?

Is there a special factory in Chiang Mai churning out you kind of cynics since it seems to me there is a constant flow of you disheveled people who spent most of or even part of the day (depends which shift your on I suppose) belting out discord if something or anything approaches what you deem fit as any scurrilous remarks against your new found life as a fake Thai .......

Shame you people don't show concern for the same people you where brought up with once upon a time in a Land Far Far away ...........

Edited by ScotBkk
  • Like 1

- There's clear evidence that the police "placed" the phone in the residence of the suspect.

You can see it on the pictures. The victims phone was handed over to the police after the facts by her friend.

Only this fact should be enough to prove the corruption of the Thai police and the innocence of the suspects.

- Besides that we've the taxi driver that was offered 700K for a false testimony.

- We have pictures of scarfs and burns on the bodies of the tortured friends of the Burmese suspects.

- The shirt with blood was "placed" in the suitcase of a farang friend by the police.

- And we have the first round of DNA tests of all Burmese on the island that gave no match.

Not in any other country than Thailand this would lead to a conviction of the suspects in court.

In any other country this would lead to a mass resignation and conviction of the police officers involved.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 2

was looking at the CSI LA facebook page , some pictures and important facts over there. However the guy who run this page with more than 100 000 folowers also write stuff like :

I am also a guitar player. However, I can't play for 3 hours. The most I could do would be 1.5 hours. The estimated time of death was 3am.

I believe the Karma is real. David Miller was a hero who tried to help Hannah. Unfortunately he got killed. My name is also David. David and Hannah got killed on my Birthday. Isn't that amazing?

Like many here i think the police is a joke in this story , but its sad to see that a retard like CSI LA is the word of truth for thousand of people....

This is obviously a comment by a naive guy, not the admin of the page.

So, by reading your post, one may assume that Thaivisa is a den of imbeciles... Some people..

However - the DNA samples will have been tampered with by now - there's probably no real way of getting things verified properly.

The only solid way is if there was a forensic examination of Hanna back in Brittan and DNA recovered and send a team over to personally take DNA samples from the accused for comparison. Odds pretty low of that being allowed I suspect.

And with all the controversy and dissention spreading like the same kind of wildfire, I wonder what the odds are of something as bizarre as these two committing suicide for the whole thing maybe forgotten in time. A small price to pay for free speech and the power of the media.

Sorry to belabour the point but in the crime pictures the deceased females face has been completely destroyed...smashed to peices and her head entirely caved in (she has been struck repeatedly over and over again in pure rage and total loss of control)....in stark contrast the deceased male has been killed with 2 or 3 simple blows to the back/side of the head and his face is completely intact as if he is almost sleeping....apart from the wounds in the back of his head he looks absolutely untouched.

The contrast is striking and in my opinion hugely significant....i hate armchair detectives but this particular scene is just inescapable.

No way in this world was this committed by those Burmese on a whim. The way the girls face was utterly destroyed is symbolic of something far far different to simple sexual desire....this is someone used to having his own way denied something he wanted with probably a huge loss of face added to the mix and an ample does of xenophobia and entitlment.

And your degrees and experience in forensic medicine and psychiatry are from?

What's degree and forensic and psychiatry got to do with this. Obvious you don't have any of the attributes.

- There's clear evidence that the police "placed" the phone in the residence of the suspect.

You can see it on the pictures. The victims phone was handed over to the police after the facts by her friend.

Only this fact should be enough to prove the corruption of the Thai police and the innocence of the suspects.

- Besides that we've the taxi driver that was offered 700K for a false testimony.

- We have pictures of scarfs and burns on the bodies of the tortured friends of the Burmese suspects.

- The shirt with blood was "placed" in the suitcase of a farang friend by the police.

- And we have the first round of DNA tests of all Burmese on the island that gave no match.

Not in any other country than Thailand this would lead to a conviction of the suspects in court.

In any other country this would lead to a mass resignation and conviction of the police officers involved.

Where is the torture pictures?? Has anyone actually seen this evidence?

This is obviously a comment by a naive guy, not the admin of the page.

So, by reading your post, one may assume that Thaivisa is a den of imbeciles... Some people..

the posts i quote are from CSI himself , not a random writing on his page or commenting. Secondly , how you conclude from my post that TV is a " den of imbeciles " , i just looked at this facebook page and its sad to see that most of the informations shared recently comes from a guy who can write things totally stupid at the same time. I'm not saying most of the thing he writes arent true , he just should stick to the facts instead of writing stuff like that. Talking about karma and amazing coincidence about name next to pictures of dead people doesnt look " smart "....

Cheers.

Edited by SlyouThai

Sign the Change.org petition to have the U.K. government confirm the findings. It should be very easy to check the actual DNA and the hand/finger prints on the murder weapon.

Sign the Change.org petition to have the U.K. government confirm the findings. It should be very easy to check the actual DNA and the hand/finger prints on the murder weapon... Well, at least the DNA, since they probably cleaned the murder weapon, and forced the Burmese to put their prints on it. That is the kind of things they do.

Edited by lincsong

Not sure why try to answer these when you and others will go right back to facebook and come up with other conspiracy theories based on incorrect or unknown information.

The phone they found said belonged to one of the victims. Obviously it is not the same phone police police received, spoke about and is showed publicly at the start of the case. It may be his his phone or her 2nd Thai/UK phone.

The suspect didn't work at the bar.

No suspect was excluded from DNA testing. A son of a rich family who was not on the island at the time may or may have not been tested after police confirmed he wasn't on the island. The did dna testing on who they believed had the best chance being involved.

Despite their tactics, it appears based on numerous things, especially dna, they have caught the culprits. For many it is hard to accept because they maybe are not Thai or it wasn't a rich established Thai family on a killing/rape spree or it didn't fit what ever theory they were convinced happened or simply because jumping on a conspiracy bandwagon makes them feel good.

You would make the cops smile. You contradict yourself in two side-by-side sentences: The son of the Headman was NOT DNA tested. Did any of the 203 Burmese men have the convenience of declining a DNA test? No, of course not. Only family members of the Headman, who were PRIME SUSPECTS for the first 10 days after the crime. They would still be prime suspects if the investigation wasn't subjective and inept. As for the rich son's alibi: it's as solid as wet toilet paper. It rests on a very poorly photoshopped still from a security camera.

"IF" he wasn't tested it was because he was not even on the island. You folks who want to make up conspiracy theories were the ones who originally said he fled the island after the murder but the facts turned out he left the island week(s) before the murder. Where there immigrant workers in Bangkok being tested who were not on the island when this happened? But for some strange reason you think a kid from a rich family should be. I also saw no news reports saying he was not tested after police tracked him down and interviewed and verified he wasn't on the island.

Long John Silver,put off your ugly brown glasses.

So who said he was not on the island ? His father or the adobe shop fake security photos ?

Also there was a photo on fb where you can see this guy on sep 17th near Chumpon with a tire change

of his white red numbered benz.So weeks,huh ?

Don´t know how much you get paid for

but the headmaster just should change his supporter.

You are anoying all day/all night long.

John have you had a look at the disturbing heart wrenching photos's. If not I suggest you do.

Also did you wonder why the real suspect arrived at first light, traipsing over the crime scene,

And, what was he doing taking a front seat at the re enactment in earshot of the suspect. Get back to us after you have an answer.

Now it's even clearer why, at the early stages of the investigation, Thai officials retracted their request (made hours earlier) to have the FBI assist. Obviously, if professionals were involved, this case would have progressed much differently, or else there would be acrimonious arguments going on between the two nationalities. One side saying, "we've got to follow the clues and evidence scientifically - where it leads" the other side saying, "You're in Thailand now. We have our traditional ways of dealing with these sorts of problems. Obviously, you don't understand Thainess or the stratification of social classes."