can you register a business by yourself

Neymar

is it possible or this always need to be done by some sort of agency or office that is specialized in this?

Would it be possible to step into the DBD office yourself (Thai Partner) and register?

saw price list of what registration cost and seem much cheaper then the 25+K some offices charge?

please advise?

Yes, you can. I did that once. It's not worth the headache in my opinion; have used professionals after that experience.

what kind of headache would that be and what would be the price difference for it?

The headache would be getting all documents together. You see, when you go there and ask, they tell you to bring a number of documents. When you come back with these, they tell you about other that are missing. Once you are there, there is a stamp from another ministry missing...

At the time, a lawyer or CPA would take THB 60,000 to register a company. I think it is less than half now. I can introduce you to one that I trust, so that she can send you a quotation. If interested, please send me PM.

The "learning curve" is very high for accomplishing all the things necessary to incorporate a company and obtain the further registrations necessary to enable the company to sponsor a work permit. There are many (I would guess close to one hundred) places where you can make a mistake that will not obvious, but will later shoot you down.

Here are the tasks that you need to to accomplish in EXACTLY the way "they" want:

Reserve company name (rules and process)

Obtain company seal (rules and sourcing)

Structure shareholders and directors (rules for including foreigners, and how your choices affect financial due diligence on Thai shareholders)

Obtain necessary information about initial registered business address

Properly select and document registered and paid up capital

Properly select company business objectives to declare

Create suitable articles of incorporation

Properly hold and document meeting of company promoters

Properly prepare Memorandum of Association

Properly prepare the various pages of the application to incorporate a business

Properly prepare Form Bor Or Jor 5

Gather and attach necessary supporting documents and signatures for incorporation

Gather necessary documents and artifacts to accomplish VAT registration

Properly prepare application for VAT registration

Gather necessary documents and artifacts to accomplish Social Fund registration

Properly prepare application for Social Fund registration

Properly obtain necessary documents to support a visa run to obtain a non-immigrant Class B visa

Properly prepare documents needed in order to open a company bank account

Then there is the work permit process - which results in an application packet that contains about 50 pages of documents.

You will probably do this process once - ever. A professional services company may have been through this process hundreds of times. The fact that you are considering trying to do this yourself means that you probably have a lack of fundamental understanding of how to best apply your own personal time and effort to achieve effective business results. This lack of understanding is likely to carry over into how you run your business - because you may not be able to differentiate between what you should do yourself, and what you should delegate to others.

Considering that just the out of pocket government fees to accomplish the tasks necessary to create a company that is able to sponsor a work permit exceed 11,000 baht, I doubt that you will able to find any service provider who can complete all of the necessary tasks for 25,000 baht - or even close to that figure.

Good luck.

MS