Australian found dead in Chiang Mai hotel

Lite Beer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am going to guess if he is working at a famous school - international? I am not going to assume he at the same level of back-packers or retirees picking up a local english lang job...

In theory, private or international schools should do a much better job of attracting better and qualified teachers and if that is the case, they do not live hand to mouth...

many of these teachers are recruited from overseas some with excellent credentials. Don't know anything about this part chap but it is unfair to group all english teachers or teachers at an international school in the same boat..

Fly by night eng teachers in LOS have given the foreign teachers a bad name...

CB

Edited by cardinalblue

I really wish these people could talk to someone before taking this option. I find each and every case very sad.

why?

when I decide I want to check out for what ever reason, I don't want someone appointing themselves to be my rescuer because they feel sad for me.

that being said, I will require a bit more than just losing a low paying (from what I read) job... and, I have had some pretty seriously shitty things happen and suicide was never an option... tomorrow's another day.

anyway, it was his decision to make

Edited by Nowisee
  • Like 1

I think 59 years in this world is long enough. I'll be there in a couple years....why go through all the BS.....

Pretty negative thinking, don't you think? I'm 59, retired in Udon, got a wonderful [pregnant] missus. I'm fit, healthy, eat great, no illnesses, Not overweight, and have enough money in Super to live a very comfortable life. I'm looking forward to 69 and then 79.

Maybe you should end It all now, thus taking some of the negative vibes out of the atmosphere.coffee1.gif

Very well said. I'm not far behind you and life is better than it's ever been. These are the best years of our lives. Make the most of them.

• Like 2

I really wish these people could talk to someone before taking this option. I find each and every case very sad.

why?

when I decide I want to check out for what ever reason, I don't want someone appointing themselves to be my rescuer because they feel sad for me.

that being said, I will require a bit more than just losing a low paying (from what I read) job... and, I have had some pretty seriously shitty things happen and suicide was never an option... tomorrow's another day.

anyway, it was his decision to make

Maybe you don't, but many have been saved from suicide and are very glad that they were.

Always very sad to hear of such cases. Some people get angry about suicides but depression can be like cancer - once it gets a hold it develops a life of its own. Like cancer depression should not be ignored in its early stages.

I have been told by a teacher from 'the' best known international school that pupil numbers are on a decline and they have been laying off. He is one of the ones to go and he said they were cutting from the top, those most highly paid.

So sad. Reminds me of the one the other year. He was a retired army guy who moved here and was swindled out of his life savings by one of those fake call centers. Ended up taking his life when he should have been taking a different bar girl every night and enjoying his retirement.

That's a doozie. I failed to hear about this one.

Swindlers are scum sent here to destroy lives and seems they succeeded in this case but I m sure not their only victim. Is this call centre still operating do you know ?

I don't understand this type of "reporting." Might as well read:

A City In Thailand: -- A person not from Thailand was found dead in a cheap hotel in a city in Thailand yesterday in what appears to be a suicide.

Police have identified the person as a foreigner of a certain age. It is believed the person died by hanging. Hotel staff alerted police after discovering his body. Police believe the person might have committed suicide after being dismissed from a famous private school. They found the termination document inside the room. Hotel staff said they last saw the person on Wednesday.

Sad but he should have approached this forum for assistance. I believe there is a way out for him. RIP.

If I ever felt suicidal, this forum would be the last place in which I would appeal for help. There are a number of decent, compassionate posters here, but there is also no shortage of callous, self-centred folk just as likely to tell you to go end it all and stop ruining their day.

wai.gif

• Like 1

I think 59 years in this world is long enough. I'll be there in a couple years....why go through all the BS.....

Pretty negative thinking, don't you think? I'm 59, retired in Udon, got a wonderful [pregnant] missus. I'm fit, healthy, eat great, no illnesses, Not overweight, and have enough money in Super to live a very comfortable life. I'm looking forward to 69 and then 79.

Maybe you should end It all now, thus taking some of the negative vibes out of the atmosphere.coffee1.gif

wow... He must have had some seriously bad stuff going on. I'm the same age and in the last 12 months we lost our business due to the anti-government protests and left Thailand after 14 years. got given the big 'C' diagnosis from the doctor, I'm now speaking to my wife on the phone daily rather than after work.... Nothing has made me even contemplate what this bloke has done, he must really have had some demons in his head. RIP fella

• Like 2

Seriously someone would hang themselves over loosing a job??

Another sad Thai ending.

Got to be more to it than just losing a job.

My money is on his lovely teeruk left him also in the process. No money, no honey, however regardless, neither losing a job or/and a GF is worth losing your life over, not even close.

RIP

At age 60 in Thailand, you are finished as a teacher.

What was he gonna do?

Just wait til ASEAN kicks in next year. Most of the current western NES school teachers, in SE Asia (especially, in last placed Thailand), will become immediately un-employed. Start saving your money NOW! You're gonna be needing it, in the (not very distant) future. A word to the wise, should be sufficient.coffee1.gif

• Like 1