British Resident suffers broken arm over 40 baht parking fee in Central Pattaya

webfact

We need a thread purely for people who want to bash Pattaya - you could all go at it 24/7 while those of us who actually live here get on with our lives. I just dont know how many times certain people can repeat themselves re their opinion of the town - it's pathological.

I'm not a huge fan of Bangkok, but I dont wade into various threads on events in BKK just to vent my spleen.

• Like 2

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy should thank his lucky stars he's still alive, re: last sentence in this article

FUGITIVE CAUGHT IN PATTAYA

Pattaya police were called out on the evening of Sunday, 5th October, to Soi Buakhao in South Pattaya to attend to an attack made on a British expat by a car park attendant. At the scene behind the Bangkok Bank branch, the Sawang Boriboon Rescue Volunteers were giving Mr. John Hayard first aid after he had been attacked by the attendant with a wooden stick. He was then transferred to Pattaya Memorial Hospital for a check up. Apparently, the 70 year old man parked his car in the makeshift car park and was approached by the 19 year old attendant to pay 40 baht. For some reason, they had an argument, leading to the attendant picking up the stick and hitting the Brit and then running away. Some time later, a group of men handed over 19 year old Tosapon after they chased and caught him running away from the scene. It wasn’t long before police records revealed that the young man had 7 criminal records and was wanted in nearby Chachoengsao province for attempted murder. He was detained awaiting legal proceedings.

• Like 1

He looks like an absolute clown.

Mate, his bloody arm is broken !

Looks like a clown ... What are you 15 ?

Really your post should have included details on appropriate hairstyle or clothing that you perhaps prefer ?

A better shape of glasses frame that may suit his heart shaped face better ? May looked clown like to you so that you can absorb the actual story being told here.

Was it a designated parking area? If so that the gentleman should have paid though I doubt at 0230 hours if any parking lots were in operation except the ones near walking street.

And if it was not a designated parking spot and he was beaten up just for the sake of hussel than I strongly would like to see this man is charged for vandalism and hitting an old man which could lead to serious injury.

Was it a designated parking area? If so that the gentleman should have paid though I doubt at 0230 hours if any parking lots were in operation except the ones near walking street.

And if it was not a designated parking spot and he was beaten up just for the sake of hussel than I strongly would like to see this man is charged for vandalism and hitting an old man which could lead to serious injury.

And if it was a designated parking area the young guy should .....?

Only a matter of time before a few expats get together and form a vigilante group to dish out some payback to the scum in this town tho. Might make the "pack" attackers think twice too !

Haha, yeah right.

Thais will fight to kill, are you willing to do that ?

No, but I have and am willing to hospitalize anyone willing to kill me. He was Thai me Farang. He went to hospital then jail. I went home. Farangs are not always at fault despite some posters views.

Only a matter of time before a few expats get together and form a vigilante group to dish out some payback to the scum in this town tho. Might make the "pack" attackers think twice too !

Haha, yeah right.

Thais will fight to kill, are you willing to do that ?

No, but I have and am willing to hospitalize anyone willing to kill me. He was Thai me Farang. He went to hospital then jail. I went home. Farangs are not always at fault despite some posters views.

A couple Thais even got a few free kicks in befor the BIB showed up. Then a BIB did.

As a British resident he should have known how the situation with the parking fees here and swallowed his anger and paid up, silly man.

Doesn't deserve a beating, though.

Yeah! You almost have to pay to spit on the sidewalk in Pattaya.

Old geezer made some parking attendant (likely a relative of that guy kicking sand on the lady on the beach) lose face or his thug boss said "Go rough-up the old man".

What ever happened to CALL THE POLICE IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE???

hahahahahahaha! Sad, but true. Like inviting Dracula to a blood transfusion.

Steering clear of altercations in Pattaya can be done...Been doing it since 1999.

I don't know the particulars of this incident.......maybe he was new or just stupid or just pissed/drunk or all 3.

I DO know I had a serious face-plant with some gravel on the Pattaya Dark-Side one day at a bar of ill repute (Black Pearl) on my way out. I was drunk enough to deserve it.....Som nam na.....I did it to myself.

The staff DID rush to my aid, as I was plastered out of my gourd.

I got a right pretty black-eye & skinned my face up a bit.

Luckily my neighbor got me home & deposited me on my front porch. His name was Bob.

Wife asked what happened to my face. I said "Bob hit me" & passed out on the couch.

Bob never hit me. He drove me home. He was my best friend.

I never told my wife any different.

She hates the sight of Bob to this day...

Bob took (and is still taking) the heat off that for me, from my wife. What a pal.

-------------------

My point is, one can get just about as stupid as you want to get......

DO NOT ever make a Thai "Lose Face" though, which is, I'm guessing, is what happened here.

You really buy that losing face stuff? Maybe 1 Corinthians 13/11 should be taught in schools here. 'When I was a child I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man I gave up childish ways.

It's amazing how just walking with confidence and strength and assurance, with a good pace and chin up, and giving steady eye contact will keep one out of trouble here.

When are the expats going to learn that they can not be bully in Thailand. The law is the law if you park for 2 minutes or more. Find out what the law say there. But the parking guys behavior was also way out of normal. No wonder the tourist are disappearing on daily basis.

We need a thread purely for people who want to bash Pattaya - you could all go at it 24/7 while those of us who actually live here get on with our lives. I just dont know how many times certain people can repeat themselves re their opinion of the town - it's pathological.

I'm not a huge fan of Bangkok, but I dont wade into various threads on events in BKK just to vent my spleen.

Big difference bud.

Living in a city of cheap sex fron poor Thai girls(and don't deny it) you are bound to get bashed.

70 yo Thai men don't behave like this.

This parking lot scheme not only affects the farangs, Thai's have to fork out to. My GF is also approached in various areas when parking and pays the 40 Baht..... Not doing so will mean flat tires upon returning to the car.

Its got eff all to do with Pattaya, its got plenty to do with jerks who as soon as a Thai appears shyt themselves.

Example, come out the bowling green on klang, turn right, on your LH side is a bunch of masage shops/beauty product shops.

I was parked in one of the car park beside the shops, the mrs was in a beauty shop, I left the carpark, some jumped up Somchai wanted paying (free parking for those who used the local shops), the Thai woman owner came out and ripped this pryck to shreds.

Another time in Bkk some Burmese tawat was giving me shyt, I phoned the BIL, as soon as I started talking Thai (to the BIL) this pryck shyt himself, 2 minutes later the BIL appeared with a baseball bat and 5 of his friends.

Khun Gobshyte wasnt so effin gobby anymore.

How long have you actually lived there now, fluent in Thai are you, sussed out the Thai pecking order yet have you?

Gotta laugh at how everyone tries to defend their choice of location, up to you, as they say here.

Of course, when they realize that you are not a tourist or a guy who can't speak, they feel threatened. Much easier to overcome someone who is speechless.

and what about some saying: "you know, another country so you have to compromise..."

Jokers!!!

clap2.gif

This guy should thank his lucky stars he's still alive, re: last sentence in this article

FUGITIVE CAUGHT IN PATTAYA

Pattaya police were called out on the evening of Sunday, 5th October, to Soi Buakhao in South Pattaya to attend to an attack made on a British expat by a car park attendant. At the scene behind the Bangkok Bank branch, the Sawang Boriboon Rescue Volunteers were giving Mr. John Hayard first aid after he had been attacked by the attendant with a wooden stick. He was then transferred to Pattaya Memorial Hospital for a check up. Apparently, the 70 year old man parked his car in the makeshift car park and was approached by the 19 year old attendant to pay 40 baht. For some reason, they had an argument, leading to the attendant picking up the stick and hitting the Brit and then running away. Some time later, a group of men handed over 19 year old Tosapon after they chased and caught him running away from the scene. It wasn’t long before police records revealed that the young man had 7 criminal records and was wanted in nearby Chachoengsao province for attempted murder. He was detained awaiting legal proceedings.

So the little scrote wasn't some innocent Thai doing his job and reacting to an 'arrogant' farang. I wonder where this leaves all the apologist prats who posted that it must have been the 'arrogant' Westerner's fault.....

Cone along, let's hear what you have to say....

Edited by Fab5BKK

I feel sorry for the attendant. Probably getting 400 baht a day wages, far away from home, trying to earn an honest living. Having to deal with ignorant sexpats all day/night, who are paranoid about getting ripped off, must be soul-destroying. People using the car park and driving away without paying deserve a fine but this poor by just lost the plot. What's he supposed to do - go to the police? Add all this onto the fact that his female relatives are probably forced into prostitution - can anyone really blame him.

Right on, mate!

Treat others exactly the way you would like to be treated.

If by some misfortune you wound up like that poor bloke,

what would you like the old chap to have done?

Hand over 40 baht? why not 50 or 100? What harm can

that do to a wealthy expat? And how much good for the

reputation of us Westerners? especially if done sincerely

and politely; ... to say nothing of uplifting the heart of a boy

who obviously has been through a lot of suffering & hardship.

That picture is priceless.

I think the cop is stealing his watch.

It's a Sawang Boriboon Foundation ambulance man not a cop ....just to clarify.

That was well spotted. I've just confirmed your info by comparing the arm patch. And he's not trying to steal his watch, as some cynic suggested. He's trying to get the guy to put his arm up into the 'high sling' position. He's even gesturing with his own right arm. It's a standard first responder action for a lower arm injury.

Having said this. I don't have any sympathy for the 'victim'. Was it really all worth it for 40 Baht? I would think he's home now, nursing his cast and feeling rather foolish.

No sympathy. Old man should have paid it.
Clearly he has been here long enough if he's pulled into a carpark in Pattaya at 2am in a bronze chevy.
Its called Karma old man. Its also less than 1 quid.
Pay it, shut up, and go home.

• Like 2

I do feel sorry for this old boy but you must admit that photo is priceless, he looks like a 5 year old who's just been told he won't be going to disney world for his holidays.

Man up mate what happened to the English stiff upper lip??