The Greatest Thai Mystery

Sigurris

Been to a chicken place a couple of times recently. 89B meal, nothing special. Noticed advert for 125B meal seemed a good deal. " What would you like to drink with that?" Did not notice the picture of the meal did not include a drink. Live and learn.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me not like. I find the soup base very watery and tasteless for sure.

Wife, loves.

I am yet to try the duck. From what I've heard it's meant to be really good.

I was of the same opinion and normally stuck to dimsum/duck however, they have recently launched a new Tom yam soup base which is loads better!

Me not like. I find the soup base very watery and tasteless for sure.

Wife, loves.

I am yet to try the duck. From what I've heard it's meant to be really good.

I was of the same opinion and normally stuck to dimsum/duck however, they have recently launched a new Tom yam soup base which is loads better!

Value for money?

The eatery sprinkles a little heroin in the food so you don't know whybut you MUST go back

Yep, heroin, that's the ticket -- made with salt, sugar, and fat. Works a charm![/quote

Put that sort of thing in the beer as well don't they? Reason visitors who drink 10 pints a day feel iffy if they do the same here.

It is the Chinese version of McDonalds. Take it for what it is. Those guys who love it but hate McDonalds.... erm same same I am afraid. It is mass produced Chinese dishes.

Some good, and mostly not so good, but it produces a standard and some dishes are OK. Same as McD...whistling.gif

Thais like doing things in big groups and this place is perfect for that not to mention the girls get to play mamma organizing and serving the food, so cute when they do that. This is what men want!! and other things..

Thais like doing things in big groups and this place is perfect for that not to mention the girls get to play mamma organizing and serving the food, so cute when they do that. This is what men want!! and other things..

Bit old for the girls there. Agree one or two cuties, unfortunately usually over made up. Possibly the occasional shim?

Mk is just "wet food". I hate it. Wife loves it, so sometimes I must eat it. Yuk

It's called Suki. Not bad for vegetarians and defintely better than the street food

Vegetarians? Thought their main selling point was the duck?

Mk is just "wet food". I hate it. Wife loves it, so sometimes I must eat it. Yuk

It's called Suki. Not bad for vegetarians and defintely better than the street food

Vegetarians? Thought their main selling point was the duck?

Well I don't know much about marketing, but every person I ever saw eating a MK was having the hot pot. Maybe some with a side of duck, maybe some not.

I also like the itemized nutrition listed on the bill at the end of the meal.

Personally I like it. It is good, clean food that isn't that expensive. I love the duck and the dim sum. I don't see the appeal of McDonalds but others seem to as most are packed. horses for courses as they say.

"I love the duck ..."

That's what I always get too. And the Chinese kale and sometimes the oysters ... raw, not dumped in the pot.

Very average overpriced food. On the odd occasion that I get dragged there I just order duck. The staff are very average too. Just a place that Thais love to be seen in.

"Just a place that Thais love to be seen in."

The Thais I've been there with weren't concerned about being seen there and at Big C Extra or Big C North in Pattaya, who would they be seen by anyway.

Edited by Suradit69

and I never understood how farangs can eat at macdonalds. another great mystery to ponder.

Wow... That would probably go down in history as the most useless non-answer to a question posed on the forum... You must have a stick lodged in the rectum, to make such a twit reply

There is no reason to be a dingleberry....

As for the question....

AC is a nice luxury as opposed to the street food and heat.

Out of all the Thai chains, I would personally rank it the best.... I dont enjoy it though, but the family takes me there sometimes.

Edited by thhMan

It's not fast food.

What it is:

Thai suki, known simply as suki (Thai: สุกี้, pronounced [sū.kîː]) in Thailand, is a Thai variant of hot pot,[1] a communal dish where diners dip meat, seafood, noodles, dumplings and vegetables into a pot of broth cooking at the table and dip it into a spicy "sukiyaki sauce" before eating. Despite the name, the dish only barely resembles Japanese sukiyaki, having more in common with shabu shabu and Chinese hot pot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_suki Edited by Jingthing