Police clarify Koh Tao victim's cellphone 'planting'

webfact

Yep, that's right guilty plea, no trial. Just sign the papers ,and sentence is given.

People do say they are guilty when not as they would then not be given a death sentence. They must choose. Life with possibility of parole.

Or trust .the Thai justice system and risk the death sentence.

They are 21 years old, with the first plea , even if innocent at least they would be out when they are 60.

if the Judge considers all the evidence submitted by the prosecutor and is uncertain that the accused has committed the offence, regardless of whether the accused pleads guilty or not, he will dismiss the charge.

http://www.thailawforum.com/articles/sentencingsuparp.html

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that's right guilty plea, no trial. Just sign the papers ,and sentence is given.

People do say they are guilty when not as they would then not be given a death sentence. They must choose. Life with possibility of parole.

They are 21 years old, with the first plea , even if innocent at least they would be out when they are 60.

if the Judge considers all the evidence submitted by the prosecutor and is uncertain that the accused has committed the offence, regardless of whether the accused pleads guilty or not, he will dismiss the charge.

Would it be 1 Judge or 3 Judges, I don't know. What ever the number I certainly would not rely upon a Thai judge to give a true verdict.

The police posted on social media that anyone circulating alternative theories against the police's official story would be prosecuted

What a joke. Are they going to prosecute everyone in Thailand and most likely 90% of the world. hahahahaha another stupid statement from the police.

I live in Thailand and am not hugely impressed by the police .

However in this instance an horrific murder has taken place in Thailand . The Thai police are doing their best to solve the crime

and arrest the culprets . If the Thai police don't do it who else is going to do it . Perhaps the police should drop the case and say to you critics ,

solve it yourselves . Neither the FBI nor Scotland Yard have the local knowhow or language skills and as I understand the DNA is being tested in Singapore , quite independent from Thailand . You think they are pinning the blame on poor illegal immigrants from Myanmar , to save the face of Thailand , accusing the police of racial discrimination . If this had happened in America and an AfroAmerican was blamed , you would be crying foul , racial discrimination .

Not long ago a 13yr old girl was raped on a night train to Bangkok , the THAI railway worker murdered her and threw her body out of the carriage window .

That was not a very good thing to happen in tourist Thailand . When there are so many immigrant workers on a small Thai island there is bound to be a

strong chance that one or more of them has committed the crime .

That crime did not occur on a small island that relies solely on tourist revenue to survive, and was not international news, was it?

Serious some apologists on this board. Makes me wonder if the likes of John are on the payroll of the thai tourism board to post his crap here.

The thai police are criminals, and clearly in this case, incompetent and corrupt! End of !!

Edited by Grindting

Actually in the red bull case , correct me if I'm wrong but a patsy was offered initially but the police refused that story..I guess what happened later becomes a different story again.

Correct ...a family servant was offered up as the driver first

A good insight into the hi so mentality

The same people who ruin or run this country ...depending on your thinking

the man they need to question owns that bar if its ac bar small island close knitt people frightend to say any thing village mentallity and fear your be next the workers where to frighten not to carry out the dead for fear loseing there job they just the numb skulls the real villian walking free to asult some other young girl as he done past

Would it be 1 Judge or 3 Judges, I don't know. What ever the number I certainly would not rely upon a Thai judge to give a true verdict.

Probably 3 but, whether you rely on them or not, I don't think you will have much choice in the matter.

There are people other than the current suspects involved in these murders and rape. Two original suspects refused DNA testing and have still not been tested. DNA test allegedly implicate one of the Burmese in the rape,but there is no proof that he was the killer.All the evidence implicating the Burmese in the murders is purely circumstantial and based on their confessions.Now that there is clear evidence that there were more than four people at the crime scene when the murders were committed and the fact that the alleged murder weapon did not carry any of the male victims DNA should give any good lawyer grounds to question the evidence and request further DNA test from the two individuals who previously refused.There are too many unanswered questions for this case to be rushed to a conclusion and a lot can be made clearer with the involvement of a good defence lawyer. Lets hope that the two Burmese get the legal representation they deserve.

Misunderstanding so when these guys are given life sentences and the police involved promoted to vice admiral or whatever and few more medals and case closed at least they can always claim it was all a misunderstanding from their prison cells.

"The pathologist said that DNA of B and a third person C was found on Hannah's nipples. The third person was not David. The policeman didn't explain who the police thought C was or how he came to deposit his DNA on Hannah's nipples."

(info originally shared by Dogmatix on #265 on http://www.thaivisa....spects/page-11)

Look at this post by minikev who may explain better than I

the difficulty to understand what they exactly mean when you don't have on your eyes

all documents and pictures they have. A+B+C = 3 people. A is witness, B+C are suspects.

Look at this post by minikev who may explain better than I

the difficulty to understand what they exactly mean when you don't have on your eyes

all documents and pictures they have. A+B+C = 3 people. A is witness, B+C are suspects.

It's all going around in circles as the pathologist stated a third person and the police say they didn't explain who they thought C was or how his DNA is on Hannah's nipples. I get what you're saying that A is a witness and my question would be, if his DNA is on the weapons/victims is he not a bit more than a witness? My second question would naturally be why didn't he come forward at the time? Is this the third Myanmar person who was released and is now claiming the police beat the snot out of them all? It's no wonder people are struggling to swallow the police's word on anything really..

Getting back to the phones again I feel something is missing but have a few thoughts.

David's phone was first said to be found in another room with hair stuck to it.

It was also found in the bushes smashed up.

there is also a picture of a what looks like phone next to shorts at the crime scene.

there also posters on him that attempt to throw the phone story off course and they may be covering for people.

I have been thinking about the smashed up phone and thinking it may be another persons that was at the crime and a mix up may of ocurred it is possible that that phone is not davids at all and is damaged so bad and thrown away intenionally so no one can recognise it.

that phone may not be David's it needs to be examined this may lead to another person .

Does logical and provable explanations mean anything to the conspiracy nuts? This is what it all started with a phone that police not only allowed the press to take pictures of in the first day of the investigations and stated they had but one they passed off to the family weeks ago and witnessed by UK Embassy people. Yea, it makes the conspiracy goes all the way to the UK where they stole the phone back and planted it at the suspects location last week and just forgot the press and UK authorities and parents knew they returned her phone.

Well this is what started all the conspiracy talk on Facebook. So, it clearly will be hard to drop for some but others will talk about missing video that makes no sense either. The police release video of a suspect go and coming from around the crime scene in hopes of getting the suspect identified but now they claim their is missing video and they want to know who is in those frames. Yet there is not 2-minutes missing there is many many many hours missing. The police release what they wanted to achieve what the wanted from the public and that is identifying the one person in the video coming and going.

All this because folks wanted it to be a rich Thai and because they mistrust the police. Wake up folks, even a liar sometimes tells the truth and the case they are turning over to the courts for their lawyers to defend looks pretty open and shut. Witnesses (including their friends), video, physical evidence at their place, confessions and DNA. And this is just what has come out as none of us has seen police reports or autopsy reports ... but lets no let the Facebook forensic team tell us the cause of death, murder weapon and sequence of blows and if the person was left or right handed and if the injuries were before or after death by using low res images they don't know the exact timing of when they were taken or what may have changed such as blood being wiped away inadvertently or on purpose. How stupid they even do autopsies or go out to crime scenes when a simple photo can tell a laymen so much.

We will all surely hear if they tell their lawyers they are innocent and were forced to confess and reenact the crime ... as well, lawyers will certainly retest their DNA if they have any doubt.

But why talk logic with folks who simply want to believe things like Elvis is still alive ... well actually that has more probability.

DNA is the primary link.

The rest is just "news"

Agreed.

But unless some credible agency like those brought in early in the investigation is given access to the Burmese suspects for DNA testing and comparison I don't think anyone can fully trust the outcome here.

And you think that taxi drivers never lie? It is a very brave (or stupid or 'protected') Thai individual that goes to the press to say that he has been bribed by the police.

If the taxi drivers on Koh Samui are anything to go by, they are far more corrupt on a day to day basis than the police.

I am not saying that he is telling the truth or not, but in my (limited) experience, very few 'average' Thais would take such an action. Even if it were true and they did not accept the money - they would not advertise the fact and thus make enemies of the KT police force. It all seems a bit too convenient to me.

Does logical and provable explanations mean anything to the conspiracy nuts? This is what it all started with a phone that police not only allowed the press to take pictures of in the first day of the investigations and stated they had but one they passed off to the family weeks ago and witnessed by UK Embassy people. Yea, it makes the conspiracy goes all the way to the UK where they stole the phone back and planted it at the suspects location last week and just forgot the press and UK authorities and parents knew they returned her phone.

Well this is what started all the conspiracy talk on Facebook. So, it clearly will be hard to drop for some but others will talk about missing video that makes no sense either. The police release video of a suspect go and coming from around the crime scene in hopes of getting the suspect identified but now they claim their is missing video and they want to know who is in those frames. Yet there is not 2-minutes missing there is many many many hours missing. The police release what they wanted to achieve what the wanted from the public and that is identifying the one person in the video coming and going.

All this because folks wanted it to be a rich Thai and because they mistrust the police. Wake up folks, even a liar sometimes tells the truth and the case they are turning over to the courts for their lawyers to defend looks pretty open and shut. Witnesses (including their friends), video, physical evidence at their place, confessions and DNA. And this is just what has come out as none of us has seen police reports or autopsy reports ... but lets no let the Facebook forensic team tell us the cause of death, murder weapon and sequence of blows and if the person was left or right handed and if the injuries were before or after death by using low res images they don't know the exact timing of when they were taken or what may have changed such as blood being wiped away inadvertently or on purpose. How stupid they even do autopsies or go out to crime scenes when a simple photo can tell a laymen so much.

We will all surely hear if they tell their lawyers they are innocent and were forced to confess and reenact the crime ... as well, lawyers will certainly retest their DNA if they have any doubt.

But why talk logic with folks who simply want to believe things like Elvis is still alive ... well actually that has more probability.

I suppose this guy was lying too about what happened to him during the Kirsty Jones murder case? (Another bungled murder case)

"A tourist guide from the Karen hill-tribe, whose tour Kirsty had joined, announced at a police press conference that he was kidnapped by plain-clothed police, taken to a house, and beaten in an attempt to get a confession. Narong Pojanathanrongpong (right) said police even tried to masturbate him,to obtain a sperm sample which he feared they might introduce to the crime scene.

They were unsuccessful and took him out and dumped him by the side of a road out of town, he claimed."

The Chiang Mai Guides Association turned up at Chiang Mai Provincial Police headquarters in force to protest.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2011/08/warrant-sought-in-connection-with.html

Yes there's no such thing as police corruption in Thailand cheesy.gif LOL or saving face and saving tourism $$$ LOL. Go and read Colin Martin's book Welcome to Hell. Another scapegoat sent to prison in Thailand for a murder he didn't commit. He was tortured for a confession too. No, Burmese migrants never get stitched up in Thailand either LOLcheesy.gif , and the perfect squeaky clean Thai police would never dream of tampering with evidence... just ask the Karen hill-tribe tour guide w00t.gif

http://www.irrawaddy.org/burma/burmese-suspects-koh-tao-murders-tortured-interrogation-lawyer.html

Sounds like you need a good dose of reality. coffee1.gif

Open and shut case my A**

DNA is the primary link.

The rest is just "news"

Agreed.

But unless some credible agency like those brought in early in the investigation is given access to the Burmese suspects for DNA testing and comparison I don't think anyone can fully trust the outcome here.

The DNA will prove that they had sex.

many people in Thailand had sex that night.

DNA is the primary link.

The rest is just "news"

Agreed.

The DNA will prove that they had sex.

many people in Thailand had sex that night.

I Didn't :(

What foreigners do not seem to understand is this:

The beauty of the Thai language is that there is no concept of a complete thought of idea until the person uttering says so.

In actuality, when a Thai (and only a Thai) utters a sentence, it is recognized, understood and accepted by other Thais as an incomplete thought or idea. This utterance may come out to sound like a complete thought or idea to a foreigner, yet only Thais understand that each incomplete thought or idea uttered bears a very unique property in its composition.

This unique property allows for for what was originally uttered to be changed each time it is uttered until the person uttering it (and only that person) is satisfied that his or her thought or idea is complete... and even then, the one who uttered it is allotted the grace to change it even years and years after being uttered.

This might help explain why the police keep changing the things they utter, and whereas they complained that the media interfered with their investigation, they are now using the media to patch up their investigation.

So you see, it is really quite simple to understand all of this. We are making the mistake of assuming that anything the police say is the final word on that matter. Only when they say so, and to continue asking questions or pose contradictions will only compel the police to continue to engage in the property of the language and continue to modify the original statement to his or her satisfaction.

So, when are the police telling the truth? When we stop opposing what they say and simply accept it. To oppose it is rude, barbaric and not demonstrating a knowledge of cultural "Thainess", as it compels them to continue to explain needless logic that they feel is not necessary for us to be regaled with.

"The beauty of the Thai language is that there is no concept of a complete thought of idea until the person uttering says so."

This kind of explains why everything is so screwed up in Thailand and in dealing with Thais. They do seem somewhat scatter-brained. I don't know if I would describe this to be the beauty of the Thai language or a just a reflection of the thought process. Me thinks it is the latter and that is pretty damn pathetic.

What foreigners do not seem to understand is this:

The beauty of the Thai language is that there is no concept of a complete thought of idea until the person uttering says so.

In actuality, when a Thai (and only a Thai) utters a sentence, it is recognized, understood and accepted by other Thais as an incomplete thought or idea. This utterance may come out to sound like a complete thought or idea to a foreigner, yet only Thais understand that each incomplete thought or idea uttered bears a very unique property in its composition.

This unique property allows for for what was originally uttered to be changed each time it is uttered until the person uttering it (and only that person) is satisfied that his or her thought or idea is complete... and even then, the one who uttered it is allotted the grace to change it even years and years after being uttered.

This might help explain why the police keep changing the things they utter, and whereas they complained that the media interfered with their investigation, they are now using the media to patch up their investigation.

So you see, it is really quite simple to understand all of this. We are making the mistake of assuming that anything the police say is the final word on that matter. Only when they say so, and to continue asking questions or pose contradictions will only compel the police to continue to engage in the property of the language and continue to modify the original statement to his or her satisfaction.

So, when are the police telling the truth? When we stop opposing what they say and simply accept it. To oppose it is rude, barbaric and not demonstrating a knowledge of cultural "Thainess", as it compels them to continue to explain needless logic that they feel is not necessary for us to be regaled with.

"The beauty of the Thai language is that there is no concept of a complete thought of idea until the person uttering says so."

This kind of explains why everything is so screwed up in Thailand and in dealing with Thais. They do seem somewhat scatter-brained. I don't know if I would describe this to be the beauty of the Thai language or a just a reflection of the thought process. Me thinks it is the latter and that is pretty damn pathetic.

Cup o coffee! You genius man you. This helps to explain exponentially the communication issues!

So often such issues are targeted at foreigners being rude or arrogant or we are not cross cultural enough and require training.

7 years in and you have managed to encapsulate this fundamental FLAW and yes it is a flaw! Effective communication is desirable ineffective is a flaw that should always be addressed.

The police circus event we have seen here just staggers me at every turn. Thank you for your input in helping explain one aspect of this farce.