Foreigner charging the public money for photo opportunity

Asiantravel

Report him its illegal, blah blah why do the Thails allow it.

Not being funny buy listen to yourselves, some very biter twisted sad people about.

Live and let live and get a grip on reality.

Weird, how did his parrot end up on thaivisa ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if it isn't against the law it should be but for the reason of taking such a beautiful animal from it's natural habitat to be paraded around Beach Road, bars and the like. Disgraceful. I am sickened by the the people that do this with snakes, cuddly marsupials and the like. Where's PETA when you need them? As one poster remarked, Who's he hurting? Well, he's hurting the wonderful bird that's who.

That's my rant. Good-day!

pretty sure the bird still has wings and isnt chained up, can fly back to its natural habitat when ever it wants

Yeah, but I bet it won't make the journey all away to South America.

They do fine him, but he says he makes more money than he pays in fines, so he just keeps doing it. He is not one to follow laws. They need to make his fines larger. As far as the comments that he is not hurting anyone, that is not the point. It is illegal.

Well if you are so pure turn him in. I do not complain about him so I would not

They do fine him, but he says he makes more money than he pays in fines, so he just keeps doing it. He is not one to follow laws. They need to make his fines larger. As far as the comments that he is not hurting anyone, that is not the point. It is illegal.

He has a beautiful loyal bird on his arm who is making him money ......................... a rarity in Thailand.

As for him being fined quite astonishing!! .....................ok for the jet ski scam to thrive unabated for years and the whole town being built around the oldest profession technically illegal in Thailand, yet the BIB have the time or inclination to shake down a guy for Parrot Photo Pimping!

I spoke with him on the beach yesterday and told him there were almost 70 posts on Thai Visa Forum about him getting paid for photo ops. with his parrot-he replied "no comment" unless I gave a "donation" to his beer tab whistling.gif

• Like 1

I spoke with him on the beach yesterday and told him there were almost 70 posts on Thai Visa Forum about him getting paid for photo ops. with his parrot-he replied "no comment" unless I gave a "donation" to his beer tab whistling.gif

I would give him.a donation just to hear what he thinks about thaivisa. Maybe he or the parrot is a member here.

He's a long time Pattaya expat. Leave him alone.

He doesn't contribute to the local economy, he actually detracts from it. I repeat my prior inquiry...what happens if the tourists are confused and don't want to pay him?

In a related incident...I was enjoying my dinner at an outdoor venue along 2nd road last night...up walks a Filipino with her "help the children" brochure and says "donation". I ignored her, my meal was in front of me and I don't need people approaching with or without birds and brochures. She just stood there and repeated "donation". I looked up, told her "you should go back to the Philippines, the Thai people don't like what you are doing here"...she looked at me and asked where I was from. I said "China". She said "you should go back to China" and walked away. Actually thought it was a proper response but threw my food at her just the same and told her to <deleted> off.

Beautiful bird. Seen him around for years. I am not bothered by thee actions of this guy. A friend taught me a lesson to be more tolerant in life and towards others, as long as they do no harm and since then I am trying, with more or less success. :-) MS>

Like I said in an earlier post I am just curious why someone would risk jeopardising the status of their visa, particularly with a bunch of Thai taxi drivers watching it all and laughing and discussing it amongst themselves. When he does this in such public places sooner or later he will be caught out.

Why does it matter what a bunch of thai taxi drivers think? Who cares what they think, they don't matter.

In Thailand they matter a lot more than you, I or any farangs does.