I'm Desperate For Help!

Mobi

OK guys, listen up.

There is a children’s mission in Pattaya, just off Sukhumvit Road, that rescues the kids that no one else wants – not even the orphanages. Some of these kids are stateless, many have chronic illnesses, many have been abused - physically, sexually or both.

Right now, the mission is home for 20 kids, ages ranging from a couple of months to ten years. The mission survives on public donations – it has no government funding whatsoever.

Two of the youngest babies are so ill that they are in hospital – one little girl with a hole in her heart is in Chonburi hospital, and the other, who has pneumonia, is in Banglamung hospital. The hospitals require that both babies have 24/7 adult supervision, and the mission has to pay 2 ladies 200 Baht per day to stay there as their own staff have to take care of the other 18 kids.

As well as taking care of the resident kids, the mission goes into the Pattaya slums and gives what it can to the mums and kids who live a desperate existence.

One of the mission’s biggest expense items are nappies and formula milk for the very young. For the past 3 months I have tried to support this costly burden, but I am finding it a bit heavy by myself.

So I am looking for a bit of help. One box of formula milk costs around 300 baht, and one packet of nappies, depending on size and quantity, also costs from 300 baht or so. I am not asking for much, and I am not asking for money - just a few guys who could each commit to providing one box of milk powder or one packet of nappies per month – total monthly outlay per person just a few hundred baht – maybe the price of a small bar bill, or a lunch downtown. Put it in your weekly shopping trolley and you’d hardly notice it.

If there is anyone who can help me on this, please pm me, and I will arrange to collect from your place, or from any nominated meeting point, or I can email you a map of the mission’s location (easy to find – near mini Siam on Sukhumvit) and you could deliver yourself.

Here’s a recent picture of a day out we arranged. Two of the kids that we took were so traumatized by their previous existences that we couldn’t put them down the whole day. They just clung to us and cuddled us for comfort and love.

Please help if you can – these kids deserve it, and without public support the mission will fail, and God knows what would happen then

Thank you and my apologies to Thai Visa if it is against the rules to ask for help in this way. Just delete it.

:o:D

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys, listen up.

There is a children’s mission in Pattaya, just off Sukhumvit Road, that rescues the kids that no one else wants – not even the orphanages. Some of these kids are stateless, many have chronic illnesses, many have been abused - physically, sexually or both.

Right now, the mission is home for 20 kids, ages ranging from a couple of months to ten years. The mission survives on public donations – it has no government funding whatsoever.

Two of the youngest babies are so ill that they are in hospital – one little girl with a hole in her heart is in Chonburi hospital, and the other, who has pneumonia, is in Banglamung hospital. The hospitals require that both babies have 24/7 adult supervision, and the mission has to pay 2 ladies 200 Baht per day to stay there as their own staff have to take care of the other 18 kids.

As well as taking care of the resident kids, the mission goes into the Pattaya slums and gives what it can to the mums and kids who live a desperate existence.

One of the mission’s biggest expense items are nappies and formula milk for the very young. For the past 3 months I have tried to support this costly burden, but I am finding it a bit heavy by myself.

So I am looking for a bit of help. One box of formula milk costs around 300 baht, and one packet of nappies, depending on size and quantity, also costs from 300 baht or so. I am not asking for much, and I am not asking for money - just a few guys who could each commit to providing one box of milk powder or one packet of nappies per month – total monthly outlay per person just a few hundred baht – maybe the price of a small bar bill, or a lunch downtown. Put it in your weekly shopping trolley and you’d hardly notice it.

If there is anyone who can help me on this, please pm me, and I will arrange to collect from your place, or from any nominated meeting point, or I can email you a map of the mission’s location (easy to find – near mini Siam on Sukhumvit) and you could deliver yourself.

Here’s a recent picture of a day out we arranged. Two of the kids that we took were so traumatized by their previous existences that we couldn’t put them down the whole day. They just clung to us and cuddled us for comfort and love.

Please help if you can – these kids deserve it, and without public support the mission will fail, and God knows what would happen then

Thank you and my apologies to Thai Visa if it is against the rules to ask for help in this way. Just delete it.

How can we support them?

OK guys, listen up.

I am not asking for much, and I am not asking for money - just a few guys who could each commit to providing one box of milk powder or one packet of nappies per month – total monthly outlay per person just a few hundred baht – maybe the price of a small bar bill, or a lunch downtown. Put it in your weekly shopping trolley and you’d hardly notice it.

How can we support them?

As per above - commit to buying one box of milk powder, or one box of nappies per month and I will do the rest. More if you want, but I'm trying to keep it simple, affordable, and therefor do-able. :o

If you can help. either PM me, or tell me on the forum and I will pm you.

Is this the Streetkids place, Mobi?

Yes, its the Mercy Mission - a non denominational Christian group. But many of the volunteers and helpers, including me, are not Christian. We just want to help the kids.

Guest endure

Is this the Streetkids place, Mobi?

Yes, its the Mercy Mission - a non denominational Christian group. But many of the volunteers and helpers, including me, are not Christian. We just want to help the kids.

Yes, this is the place I think we posted about some time ago. Would an overseas donation via Paypal help?

Edited by endure

Yes, this is the place I think we posted about some time ago. Would an overseas donation via Paypal help?

I don't know. I'm seeing them tomorrow morning, so I'll ask and get back to you. Thanks for the offer. :o

Guest endure

I don't know. I'm seeing them tomorrow morning, so I'll ask and get back to you. Thanks for the offer. :o

No ploblem. PM me when you know more please.

Maybe you could put a yea or nay to that question on the thread

Or any other way to help from overseas that would work

Regards

Keep it up !

Maybe you could put a yea or nay to that question on the thread

Or any other way to help from overseas that would work

Regards

Keep it up !

If Paypal is a no-goer, perhaps there is a way to donate from a Thai bank account? I know this is not what you were asking for, but there may be members outside of BKK/Thailand that will wish to assist.

This brings tears to my eyes, there are so many people in need, especially children.

I am in BKK so going to Pattaya is a no go for me, I'm so busy here with my own little boy but if there is any way I could get some funds to this place I would do so tomorrow, please let me know how. Paypal is a good option for me as I can do it from here, let us all know asap

Please let me know what I can do from Bangkok. I'll pass it on to my friends as well.

Probably the easiest and most convienient way to collect donations is to post an account number and name on here.(not forgetting which bank)

Folks living in Thailand can transfer some dosh into that account from any ATM in Thailand, or simply pay in at any branch.

Maybe members can scan and post copies of deposit reciepts on here and try to keep the thread current. That way a permanent record of the generousity of farangs can be seen by all.

Please let me know what I can do from Bangkok. I'll pass it on to my friends as well.

Not that mad one? :o

Edited by davethailand

Probably the easiest and most convienient way to collect donations is to post an account number and name on here.(not forgetting which bank)

Folks living in Thailand can transfer some dosh into that account from any ATM in Thailand, or simply pay in at any branch.

Maybe members can scan and post copies of deposit reciepts on here and try to keep the thread current. That way a permanent record of the generousity of farangs can be seen by all.

I'd like to echo this request. An account name, number and bank name would be very handy.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

Many thanks for the responses so far, it is encouraging.

Pepsi and DaveThailand, I have PM'd you.

For those who wish to send money, please bear with me. I will go and talk to the people this morning and get back to you with bank details etc. (I wasn't looking for money - just some baby provisons, so you caught me unawares)

I am not sure how paypal works for a recipient. Does anyone know? Do they just advise Paypal of their bank details, and Paypal transfer the money? Any info on this would be appreciated.

Obviously, a Street kids project like Mercy Mission has many needs - not least of which is the need to buy the premises they are currently occupying - they have until the end of next year to achieve this. However we can only take their needs one day at a time, and if you wish to donate money, you can specify for what purpose it is to be used . (e.g. buying milk and nappies for the babies, urgent building improvemnets to their premises, the provison of piped water, school books or whatever)

There are a few farang volunteers that are giving their time freely to help work on site, or in looking after the kids, so if anyone in Pattaya has any free time, please let me know.

It is interesting that so far only one Pattaya resident has responded (DaveThailand, thanks).

Come on you guys out there - how about putting a little back into the place where you live and which I assume you love. These kids are an unfortunate product of our "Paradise".

I'm not asking for much. :D Am I :o

Thanks anyway.

Mobi

:D:D:D

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Just in case you're interested, here is an extract from areport by the mission direector, back in June.

Since then, the mission lurches from crisis to crisis, and there has been no time to update the situation

Here are just a few highlights from THIS week-ending: June 3rd 2006

§ Our water system at our new MERCY Center & Children’s shelter had to be completely replaced. Normally we don’t do anything unless the money comes in first but in this case we were forced to act. Our thanks to the very kind Thai business man (Youngyut) who installed it all giving us time to raise the money. We pray for someone to come along to sponsor the cost of the water system (B 50,000)

§ A 27 yr. mother wants us to care for her 5 month old baby girl and when in process of medical checks find she has either pneumonia or perhaps even TB, but we won’t know for 3 days. Baby is in hospital but we must have someone there with her 24hrs. day because she’s under 5 months. and public hospitals don’t provide baby care. Now we know the man of the house has TB so bad he can’t work or hardly walk anymore, the mother is there also sick with likely TB, the baby’s mother refuses to be tested cause she has to recycle trash as she is the only working person in the family. She also has her young niece & nephew with her as their mum is in jail for drugs. The baby’s mum is elated that the baby’s in our care … but refuses anything else, saying she has to work … driving her broken down motorcycle from one garbage bin to another through the night … going home in day time to care for all the sick in her home.

§ Another young mother with 3 children is desperate for us to take her baby boy one month old cause she just can’t provide for another mouth to feed. She will come tomorrow to bring the baby so we can talk to her and see if there is some way she can keep him. She says she will give him away to anyone who will take him because she just has no other answer. If there is no other answer, we will take the baby …

§ A Thai man was referred to us last week with a 4 yr. girl who was left with him as a small baby by her Mom who said she’d be back … but 4 yrs. later … still no word and they just can’t keep her anymore. Pattaya Orphanage refused her as she has no proper papers and she may not be a real orphan. We agreed to meet her and verify the story (as we must do) and the phone number the man left with us is not working. The little girl’s name is Annie. I just can’t get he out of my mind. . Over the past several months there have been 2 separate stories of 3 yr. girls raped in Pattaya because they were not properly being cared for.

§ A 15 yr. girl in the N.E. area of Thailand is expecting a baby any day now. She was going to have an abortion but was persuaded and convinced her to let the baby live and that God would bring a home & family for the baby. As yet there is no home & no family yet, she is desperate and we’ve been asked to take the baby. We need to send her money for the hospital bill and send someone up there to pick up the baby. If we can find a Thai adoptive family she will write the man as the baby’s father in the birth certificate and it could all be settled that simple. We have visited with 2 potential Thai adoptive families this week but they both want a farang (white skinned) /Thai mix baby.

§ Malagah is 6 yrs. old with pustular psoriasis. That means his skin constantly breaks out in infected sores … peeling his skin like 3rd degree burns. We just has him in hospital for 2 weeks to get him through a particularly bad bout … but it’s appearing again on his lower legs and head … as the weather is hot, humid and difficult even for those of us in good health. We are looking for a Thai foster family … then we will give them financial support to care for him in their home. He should be in school but his skin is just too bad … He runs up to everyone who comes for hugs. He has a tired old grandma who recycles trash and lives in a run down shack too dirty even for healthy children to survive. We were his last stop …We are seeking a family to open their home to him, and for him not to feel the rejection and dread so many people feel when they see him.

§ Niger is 2 yrs. + and is part Japanese & part Thai. His mother left his at birth with a neighbour promising to come back … but did not. He has changed radically from the love & care of our staff … particularly a young Dutch volunteer we have named Dorine. He has a growth in the back of his throat that prevents his swallowing properly and needs some sort of surgical procedure. He has great difficulty talking but is just so happy to be loved he doesn’t seem to care about his other problems.

§ We now have 50+ scholarship students and our administration & paperwork is so far behind because we spend most of our days responding to crisis. We so wish gifted people to come along who LOVE logistics & office admin.

§ We just visited this week with a Burmese pastor friend who lives in a state where there is constant fighting so no foreigners are allowed. We gave him money to extend his house so he could care for minimum of 12 children, and sent him off with instructions to look those small ones that are hiding in the darkness, ashamed of their own need for food and love … afraid to tell anyone they needed help because at any point they could become more trouble than they were worth and invite even more pain into their little lives. A US military chaplain who was with us that day enough money for him to buy a goat for milk for the small ones that are sure to come. When he comes to Thailand again in September, we have promised to have sponsorship money for his children. We worry for the children who are the most desperate to be found first, then for money & means for him to care for all and also for him to receive finances to restock his fish farms that were washed away in the floods.

After a very long day again at ‘work’ I came home to catch up with our email as our office computer & phone lines are not working AGAIN! I had downloaded the messages and was scanning them for anything urgent before I gave my attention to preparing our Joshua for bed. (for those of you who forget, Joshua is the little baby we took in at 6 wks. old because he was dying in one of the slum areas we visit regularly. He’s like our boy … and we believe his life is representative of the so many small ones we work so hard to save from abuse & neglect. He’s now 2 yrs. 2 months. and a very wonderful small prince).

A glimpse into the work of The Mercy Project in Pattaya from Dianne Doell

Okay, may I suggest to contact the Rotary Club of Pattaya (www.rotary-pattaya.org) or (www.rotary-jomtien-pattaya.org)and let them know what you are doing. I am pretty sure they will support at least something. You may even get invited to one of their weekly meetings and tell them what you need. Also, consider contacting Father Joe of the Mercy Center in BKK (Human Development Foundation). He has hundreds of kids on his own, but he may be able to give other, non material, support. If you do not get any response from the Rotary Club there, send an email to the Rotary Club of Koh Samui. Very effective and versatile club which does a lot for children in need (there is no orphanage on Samui, therefore the club here helps others in need on a regular basis.) A member of the local Rotary Club might then visit your center to affirm all is okay and the club in Samui will do its part.

If you then still not get any further, please let me know. Happy to give, just wanna make sure it gets where its supposed to go.

Mobi,

Great idea, Iam a Patts resident and only to willing to help.Bags of rice would probably be worth getting aswell, A lot of the kids are to old for powder milk etc.Agree that you should also contact Rotary club / expats club etc and get additional support.PM me and we can discuss more.

:o EPG.

That reminds me. The Pattaya Ex-Pats club meets at the Grand Sole Hotel (#2 Road, between Central Pattaya Road and Big C).

They have quite the large membership of local ex-pats. The meetings are are Saturday mornings and feature various speakers on various subjects.

Good platform to launch a local appeal from.

Pattaya Expats Club

Maybe worth a shot ?

OK guys, listen up.

If you don't mind can you send someone to the Pattaya Hill Resort and Spa (329 Pratumnuk Road) near the big gold Buddah on Thursday. I have asked the staff along with myself to help out. We will donate rice, and formula milk. I will try and organize some other help or donations from our local chapter of the NAVY League Thailand as well if possible.

The Pattaya Sports Club and Jester's Motorcycle Club are likely candidates to help out with this. I would be happy to plead your case with both groups when I get there next month.

I am in the Middle East now but return in Mid-August.

PM me a contact point and I will do what I can when I get there.

I'd like to echo this request. An account name, number and bank name would be very handy.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, Moby, an account name, number and bank name would be very handy. I've moved from Pattaya to Bangkok and I wouldn't be able to get there so often, but I would very pleased if I could help somehow.

I am not sure how paypal works for a recipient. Does anyone know? Do they just advise Paypal of their bank details, and Paypal transfer the money? Any info on this would be appreciated.

Hi Mobi

Paypal is a fast and economic way of zapping money from a to b if you both have an account.

The charges are at the destination account and are much less expensive than an international

bank transfer (France/Thailand eg was not economic below 1000 Euro)

I have an account with Paypal France and just had a look at the options.

(These vary according to country as they comply with national banking regs)

I can transfer to a US bank free and a French for either free or 1 Euro depending on the amount.

I think it highly unlikely these people have a Paypal account.

What could help is someone in Thailand , with a Paypal account , who could accept donations

via his/her account and then shunt them in bulk to the destination.

There is a little box you can fill in on a Paypal payment which could say "Pattaya kids" or

something so the guy/gal could identify the cash.

Hope this helps

Regards

I've got you 2 lge milk packs, a large pack of small nappies and a pack of eachother nappy sizes, let me know what you want me to do with them Mobi. :o

That is just incredible! You're a real star. :D I can't thank you enough.

Dave, its a bit difficult for me to get down town at night (except on special occasions :D ), but I'm happy to pick them up anywhere you like in the day time - morning or afternoon, if you tell me where to go. Alternatively, the mission is less than five minute's drive from Mini Siam in North Pattaya, so if you can deliver, I'll email you a map.

Just let me know.

Mobi :D