Is there any point to this forum any more!

Exsexyman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's been an international break sparkles. posting always drops when there's no club football.

and "banter" can right off by the way. loathsome term conjuring up tim lovejoy, danny dyer and sundry other unfunny pricks.

when there are things worth discussing this is still a worthwhile forum home to decent levels of debate.

Glad to see the back of an idiot....there are many differing views on here but we should all just sit back and realise Spurs have the best support home and away in the Premiership.

No Scousers comments and Devo none from Salford or I'll start a new nic called keano........;-)

there's been an international break sparkles. posting always drops when there's no club football.

and "banter" can right off by the way. loathsome term conjuring up tim lovejoy, danny dyer and sundry other unfunny pricks.

when there are things worth discussing this is still a worthwhile forum home to decent levels of debate.

Glad to see the back of an idiot....there are many differing views on here but we should all just sit back and realise Spurs have the best support home and away in the Premiership.

No Scousers comments and Devo none from Salford or I'll start a new nic called keano........;-)

That would be the 9th best...

biggrin.png

Like most football forums they do tend to sink to a level which is not "banter" its just schoolboy like trading of insults which have nothing to do with the subject or the spirit of the forum.

True "banter" is the exchange of remarks in a good humoured way, unfortuantly good humour requires a certain amount of intelligence which in many cases is lacking by some posters.

Telling someone "they know <deleted>*k all about football", or have a certain point of view is not "banter" nor does it add anything to a constructive informative, discussion.

The recent addition of P45 Mustang inane comments reduced the forum to a farcical state and there was only one decision which has seemingly been taken.

I have introduced a couple of ex team mates and real football men to this forum and after scanning a few posts their comment was "why would you bother ?"

If everyone made a concious decision to lift their game it may well attract some new members,instead of the usual suspects, but I'd wager the number that have joined and then dropped out after

either being ridiculed, or from sheer boredom,would be in the 100's.

I've got to agree with this 100%.

There's one or two other's (apart from P45) posting regularly on here that regularly act in this manner and that's the reason I no longer post regularly on here.

When certain people continually slag off new members to the point that they no longer post that's not banter........that's bullying!

Of course I can't change the attitude of these posters ........... but I can choose not to contribute.

I'll still look in occasionally but limit my posts to the occasional information type 'post' I have been doing since the start of the year.

Plenty of people like to smoke grass though.

Damn, verging dangerously close to banter there.

I used to glide through it....ball stuck to my foot as though it had sticky back plastic on it....trouble was it did when I tried to shoot.

Lucky I had faith in those days and my crossing was exemplary...if not quite Bexhhamesque....although the Fila was all in order....much earlier than those bent efforts....

Meanwhile I'm not a grass.....a mole maybe....or a rat.....

As we have posted before If you feel you are being bullied. harassed or you feel that people posting crap just for the sake of it. Then please PM me or mrbojangles. Or failing that report the post for other mods to see. I don't post as much on here as i used to. However i am still around.

Like most football forums they do tend to sink to a level which is not "banter" its just schoolboy like trading of insults which have nothing to do with the subject or the spirit of the forum.

True "banter" is the exchange of remarks in a good humoured way, unfortuantly good humour requires a certain amount of intelligence which in many cases is lacking by some posters.

Telling someone "they know <deleted>*k all about football", or have a certain point of view is not "banter" nor does it add anything to a constructive informative, discussion.

The recent addition of P45 Mustang inane comments reduced the forum to a farcical state and there was only one decision which has seemingly been taken.

I have introduced a couple of ex team mates and real football men to this forum and after scanning a few posts their comment was "why would you bother ?"

If everyone made a concious decision to lift their game it may well attract some new members,instead of the usual suspects, but I'd wager the number that have joined and then dropped out after

There's one or two other's (apart from P45) posting regularly on here that regularly act in this manner and that's the reason I no longer post regularly on here.

When certain people continually slag off new members to the point that they no longer post that's not banter........that's bullying!

Of course I can't change the attitude of these posters ........... but I can choose not to contribute.

I'll still look in occasionally but limit my posts to the occasional information type 'post' I have been doing since the start of the year.

I thought you stopped posting last season during Moyes' disastrous tenure! wink.png Maybe its just coincidence.....

That aside, maybe posters get carried away at times, everyone has a bad day every now and again, personalities can clash. But "bullying!!!!" Thats simply ridiculous. It may be your opinion but as far as i'm concerned its one of the most, if not the most ridiculous statements i've ever read on here.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

I thought you stopped posting last season during Moyes' disastrous tenure! wink.png Maybe its just coincidence.....

That aside, maybe posters get carried away at times, everyone has a bad day every now and again, personalities can clash. But "bullying!!!!" Thats simply ridiculous. It may be your opinion but as far as i'm concerned its one of the most, if not the most ridiculous statements i've ever read on here.

Carmine, we've discussed this before haven't we and you know exactly why I stopped posting.

In response to a couple of posts you made in June this year below are the posts I made then:

I had a bet you'd be the first to comment Carmineclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

I stopped coming on here because I felt SOME of the comments on here had started to go way beyond banter and had become insulting. I enjoy reading and joining in with all the banter and, as you know Carmine, I'm quite happy to have the fun poked at me (you've done it many times thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif) but I felt some comments aimed at some people (especially newbies) went way beyond banter and were simply insulting. Some newbies just didn't return because of the insults. That I didn't enjoy and found myself getting annoyed with some posters comments, so I decided to go into self imposed exile until the end of the season in the hope that things would calm down.

As for Man U, what a crap season we had. Just as I predicted if you look back at some of my comments from this time last season. I never wanted Moyes and I'm glad he went.

I'm more than happy with the appointment of LVG. It's not 'IF' but' WHEN he does well wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif. And how long do we have to be supporters before we stop being 'fickle glory hunters'? for me it's been fifty six years but you've got to remember any supporter under thirty will only have known us as being the best.....,,,,,,,,,,........until Moyes of coursexsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png.

And how's Tottenham these days? Have you started to learn Spanish yet, so you can understand your managers post match interviews.

I think he was a good appointment for you by the way. I like the style of football he wants to play. Even he won't be able to turn Soldadud into a goal machine for you thoughwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.JK8Lccs1AO.gi

maybe some of us have got different standards to others. While I have no control over the insults other people post I can choose not to participate wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

never put anyone on ignore everyone is entitled to an opinion.

In regards to the person in question, that is about as ridiculous a comment as I've read.

There is a huge difference between voicing an opinion and gibbering at everyone else (and yourself) repeatedly.

He was/is a troll only interested in posting/provoking/annoying. Anyone who missed that must not have been paying attention.

I agree entirely with that, but it is the consequences that are relevant.

I certainly had stopped visiting the forum.

never put anyone on ignore everyone is entitled to an opinion.

In regards to the person in question, that is about as ridiculous a comment as I've read.

There is a huge difference between voicing an opinion and gibbering at everyone else (and yourself) repeatedly.

He was/is a troll only interested in posting/provoking/annoying. Anyone who missed that must not have been paying attention.

I agree entirely with that, but it is the consequences that are relevant.

I certainly had stopped visiting the forum.

Its all smokies fault.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Thats is totally correct i stopped posting because i was getting bulllied.

It has scarred me

We thought you were building the 2014 version of the great wall of China. You were missed Mr Ed

With United currently in the top four i reckon you'll all be back. thumbsup.gif