Amnesty Calls For Investigation Into Torture Allegations on Koh Tao

Lite Beer

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugo Swire, the Minister of State for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has tweeted:

"Spoke to #Thai govt re tragic Witheridge & Miller murders. Vital investigation is fair & transparent & families have regular detailed info."

Mark Kent retweeted.

Hugo Swire, the Minister of State for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has tweeted:

"Spoke to #Thai govt re tragic Witheridge & Miller murders. Vital investigation is fair & transparent & families have regular detailed info."

Mark Kent retweeted.

Let' just wait and see........

Mark Kent retweeted.

Let' just wait and see........

I also read this and take it to read..

It is vital that the investigation is fair and transparent ............................So he is not backing the Thai government.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, especially idiotic ones as spouted on CSI LA & other places but it looks increasingly likely that the DNA evidence isn't sound. Of course, this could be an 'OJ' type case where they have the guilty party but decided to 'sure up' the case by fabricating evidence. whistling.gif

Idiotic theories. They have the police on their tails and this guy is a very big worry to them. He's Thai and thinks like them so that's a big plus.

i was reading nearly all the storys about this case and i still believing as so many others do, that there is an involment of this thaipeople of the ac bar and the family of the owner (mafia). i also think that police got lots of money from this people. i saw one photo where the corps of mr. miller was still on the beach and and the guy of ac bar is standing by. what did this guy doing at the place of the crime early in the morning? why should he be around there? this person working in a bar, is he always up this early in the morning? and why didnt he give an DNA sample very first time when he was asked for ? and i also think that this uk guy who was working with them and then was running away, got very scared for a big reason.

(sorry my english is not very good) i never saw anybody mention this guy from ac bar was seen on one photo while the corps of mr. miller was still there, am i the only one saw this photo?

Yes we've seen it, thumbsup.gif

Welcome to TV

Farangs are never satisfied, cant catch the perps....and if they do, then they arent really the perps !

who was in that speed boat that was seen racing away from the island, one arrested for drugs allegedly, and the other "two" set free?

and, who wouldnt throw their drugs in the water as the cops pull them over,

it isnt like you cannot see them coming a mile away

The guys in the speed boat ended up taking cover in a cave on Samui. It was stated by the police they were so drugged out they couldn't interview them until the next day. Which they did do and released them. That speed boat plays a big role in this somewhere.

Interesting that Thai Visa doesnt have an article that the third suspect came back to the room asd found the pair sleeping, with nothing to indicate a crime occured, and no one mentiones any blood anywhere in the residence,

has Thai Visa been pressured not to run more condemning stories?

Welcome Amnesty!

Shine a bright light on the corrupt thugs! wai2.gifwai.gif

hit-the-fan.gifhit-the-fan.gifhit-the-fan.gif

Well Amnesty International. It's about time you did something realistic about Thailand.+ The problem with Amnesty and like-minded organizations is that they truly do not understand how some of these countries work. In this case, and we have seen it in Thailand many times, the police do not want the loss of face in not being able to solve a crime. Their approach to this one has been oft repeated in the past. It is far easier to stitch up the poor Burmese (who are regarded in Thailand as not much better than vermin) than to solve the crime properly. Amnesty for their part put out a truly appalling report about the coup recently that carried hardly a grain of truth. It was influenced by the same people who support Khun T. They lost my and many people's respect over that. I think they are now trying to claw something back with this call for an investigation. I wish Amnesty would wake up and actually understand what is going on here. And just in case you ask me what I know about Amnesty: 1) I was employed by them in the 1970s and 2) I was a contributing member for many many years. Not now though.

Back to the way the police work here. This investigation was a prime example of their modus operandii. The sad thing about the police here is that they find it impossible to believe that they have done anything wrong or that they are defeated or that they have fingered the wrong person. They are, as a whole, arrogant, self-seeking and untruthful. They are not responsible to anyone else but themselves. Given an opportunity on the world stage to show how successful they are, they will seize it with both hands - and that is what we have seen here. Unfortunately, as someone has already stated, in these days of powerful social media their room for maneuvre becomes diminished. But they fail to see what fools they are making of themselves. Sadly General Prayuth has also failed to see how they have behaved in this instance and I hope this episode opens his eyes and shows him what a huge task he has if he wishes to change the Thai mindset. I would say categorically that the Burmese kids did not commit this ghastly crime and I would hazard a good guess that the police know exactly who did but will not act on their information.

You had me.

Until, like another eloquent poster before you, who said something similar of the General.

"Sadly General Prayuth has also failed to see how they have behaved in this instance and I hope this episode opens his eyes and shows him what a huge task he has if he wishes to change the Thai mindset."

He is of the same tribal mindset.

If there is anything I have learned from the Thai, it is that they are sorely predictable. wai2.gif wai.gif

Just because he proclaimed himself ruler, do you really think he is any different or that will change anything?

facepalm.gif

"But they fail to see what fools they are making of themselves."

That, says it all...

Edited by iReason

If the army generals now in charge of running the country are serious about cleaning up corruption, this case is a perfect opportunity to do something dramatic and meaningful. A gift from Buhdda.....

are you dreaming? this case shows exactly what the junta is = a junta what not rules under law and should get death sentense as it was defined by the law of Thailand for their crime!

A slightly different angle of the same group as in the OP pic is shown by Democratic Voice of Burma (DVB).

attachicon.gifKO MAUNG MAUNG.jpg

Who is that on the far left of the photo in between the policeman and the ex-witness?

OMG it is the trusty Rohingya police interpreter and legal scholar, Mr Banana Pancake, who is alleged to have participated in beating the suspects.

attachicon.gif1957977_711447318932996_6240533856951062249_n.jpg

Well spotted dogmatix

Why the hell is he allowed into this mix of people

The fact that he is still on the scene makes me feel sick

whoever posted about the rapes of 2 Canadian girls, involving Sean McAnna must get them to start posting on the twitter accounts and facebook accounts of the reporters that have the most attention, this is too important to leave go.

Date rape drug rapists are multiple repeat offenders,

this is too important to let fade

please get them to come forward, even if anonymously, that is enough to get the social media groups lit up and refocus the RTP, who badly need something to save themselves

Thailand where rapists seem to get away with it , now gets even worse and they can murder you and Taunt that it was your fault- humiliate you with a photo of you spread eagle- and then blame illegal workers for it.

"Disgraceful" and not the place for adventurous woman to go anymore-

Don't put your parents through it-

Punish them with the only thing they understand -

Your money spent elsewhere.

Its a quiet way of showing respect to Hannah

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Two suspects been found dead , two suspects escape and never to be found again.

DNA samples disappear.

It happen before and happen again.

I feel sick how they handle and investigate this and other murders, knowing that nothing is going to change.

I heading up to the temple and pray for all the 4 victims.

So many here don't believe a word the Thai police say. But what about the railroad worker convicted of the rape and murder of the girl on the train last summer? It was also based on DNA evidence and a confession, if I recall. I don't remember a huge outcry of "injustice" in that particular case.

Can someone please explain why the police are to be believed then, but not now? There was an enormous amount of pressure to solve that crime too. I think he even got the death penalty.

Edited by TomJoad

So many here don't believe a word the Thai police say. But what about the railroad worker convicted of the rape and murder of the girl on the train last summer? It was also based on DNA evidence and a confession, if I recall. I don't remember a huge outcry of "injustice" in that particular case.

Can someone please explain why the police are to be believed then, but not now? There was an enormous amount of pressure to solve that crime too. I think he even got the death penalty.

Being careful how I phrase this.... I would guess the crime which you refer to was committed by people without money and influence. There was only pressure to solve the case.

In other circumstances there is both pressure to solve the case, and pressure not to solve it with a just outcome.

It all depends which pressure is stronger.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There went the "key-witness", so when are RTP going to admit they don't have a case?? (I know)

If I had any doubts before about the two accused being scapegoats, it is gone now!!

What an absolutely disgrace for not only the police-force, but for the whole country!! alt=bah.gif>

And Mr Big is going to reward those corrupt liars and criminals??

Many murder cases don't have key eye-witnesses! So in your book all of those cases should be thrown out of court as they are all innocent and where just used as scapegoats? Get Real!

Do you think even for just one moment that if you committed such a crime you would have a legal team of lawyers rushing to your side to help you? Amnesty International jumping up and down in your defense? Daily visits from your Embassy? Visits from strangers bringing you cigarettes and treats? Maybe next a $100,000 dollar contract for you book rights? Hog Wash! They are all only there to get the public attention and they don't care two hoots about the accused.

Or maybe people like you would feel better if they got moved into the Penthouse Suite at the Hilton, with air-conditioning, cable TV, room and maid service, continental breakfast with T-Bone steak and Baked Potato for dinner each day, and served cool drinks by the pool? Hog Wash! They are criminals who committed terrible crimes and should be treated as such!

And what about the upstanding young people in the prime of there life who were brutally murdered for no apparent reason, other then these hoods wanting to have some fun and sex with Hanna? What if she was your daughter? Would you still stand up and shout for fare and better treatment for these two sick animals? Hardly!

If it were up to me I would cut the hanggy things off to make sure they would never do that again. And this would be only the start!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There went the "key-witness", so when are RTP going to admit they don't have a case?? (I know)

If I had any doubts before about the two accused being scapegoats, it is gone now!!

What an absolutely disgrace for not only the police-force, but for the whole country!! alt=bah.gif>

Many murder cases don't have key eye-witnesses! So in your book all of those cases should be thrown out of court as they are all innocent and where just used as scapegoats? Get Real!

Do you think even for just one moment that if you committed such a crime you would have a legal team of lawyers rushing to your side to help you? Amnesty International jumping up and down in your defense? Daily visits from your Embassy? Visits from strangers bringing you cigarettes and treats? Maybe next a $100,000 dollar contract for you book rights? Hog Wash! They are all only there to get the public attention and they don't care two hoots about the accused.

Or maybe people like you would feel better if they got moved into the Penthouse Suite at the Hilton, with air-conditioning, cable TV, room and maid service, continental breakfast with T-Bone steak and Baked Potato for dinner each day, and served cool drinks by the pool? Hog Wash! They are criminals who committed terrible crimes and should be treated as such!

And what about the upstanding young people in the prime of there life who were brutally murdered for no apparent reason, other then these hoods wanting to have some fun and sex with Hanna? What if she was your daughter? Would you still stand up and shout for fare and better treatment for these two sick animals? Hardly!

If it were up to me I would cut the hanggy things off to make sure they would never do that again. And this would be only the start!

Hmmmm, we have a "Hang 'em High" brigade member.......rolleyes.gif ....coffee1.gif

The problem GoldBuggy isn't the punishment -

Sure if i got to choose the punishment i would have them given a few Roman style weapons *net sword and Shield( and have a stadium full of Brits and Thailand Visitors who have lost relations perhaps ?)

Then have a hungry pack of Thai dogs maybe 12-15 set on them .

If they survive that maybe have them parachuted into the ISIS zone with Burmese NEWs kits .

But whats the fun it that if they didn't do it?

As it stands they are almost certain to be killed regardless .

But whats bothering us is the real guys are not getting their backsides cut up.

They are being let go .

Evidence isn't complete - but doubts are strong that they are patsy's .

So thats what its about.

Justice for the Victims

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Hmmmm, we have a "Hang 'em High" brigade member.......rolleyes.gif ....coffee1.gif

yeah and he's right!