Fake Police in armed confrontation with man in East Pattaya

webfact

It would be possible for fake police to be real police.

Oh, or it would be possible for real police to be fake police.

The common denominator would be that one possibly has to pay money in either case.

It would be possible for fake police to be real police.

Oh, or it would be possible for real police to be fake police.

The common denominator would be that one possibly has to pay money in either case.

Anything is possible but in this case the fake police were fake police as the article indicates.

One thing we are overlooking, me included, is the effect on the young man involved. He's had a lethal weapon pulled on him by two thuggish (I would presume) types and threatened. He's then handcuffed and taken back to his house, then whipped off to an ATM, then taken to a quiet spot and left (this later part is where I would be dumping some big ones, because you would have no idea whether these two were going to top you to get rid of evidence and ditch your body). What an ordeal. I'm glad he's ok.

• Like 1

Irrelevant. He could have had more than one ATM card (I do, but don't carry them with me). It's the fake police who worry me.

Why you think they were fake?

Because the article goes on to explain that at least one is a known criminal and not a policeman.

So if he is a known criminal any reason why he is walking around free? and able to get his hands on police uniform?

So the victim is driving his car and stops because these two fake policemen flagged him down? Or did they setup some sort of roadblock? I am not stopping my vehicle if it is just two policemen trying to flag me down while standing on the side of the road... Even if they turn out to be real this situation is always a shakedown as a proper checkpoint is manned by many policemen, not just two... Even my Thai GF knows this and will just keep driving her motorbike past them as they are in no position to chase her down... A proper road block will have policemen stationed before and after the checkpoint... Not sure why this guy stopped but I certainly would not have even if said policemen where pointing a gun at me... I would simple speed up and keep going as that is the best course of action in this type of scenario...

So the victim is driving his car and stops because these two fake policemen flagged him down? Or did they setup some sort of roadblock? I am not stopping my vehicle if it is just two policemen trying to flag me down while standing on the side of the road... Even if they turn out to be real this situation is always a shakedown as a proper checkpoint is manned by many policemen, not just two... Even my Thai GF knows this and will just keep driving her motorbike past them as they are in no position to chase her down... A proper road block will have policemen stationed before and after the checkpoint... Not sure why this guy stopped but I certainly would not have even if said policemen where pointing a gun at me... I would simple speed up and keep going as that is the best course of action in this type of scenario...

No mention of the victim driving anything - simply says an armed confrontation.

^^ He had a past history and past convictions apparently but that does not mean he was "walking around free" and no mention was made of the two wearing any uniforms.

Very true, so the 2 "fake" uniformed police made car pull over, showed or not showed "fake" identification, went to victims house, made him "ASK' what it would cost for "non existent" drugs to go away?

Still think fake is the "real" story?

^^ He had a past history and past convictions apparently but that does not mean he was "walking around free" and no mention was made of the two wearing any uniforms.

Very true, so the 2 "fake" uniformed police made car pull over, showed or not showed "fake" identification, went to victims house, made him "ASK' what it would cost for "non existent" drugs to go away?

Still think fake is the "real" story?

Comments and opinions are welcomed but asking questions that no-one here can answer is going no-where so now - as a moderator rather than just a poster - I ask that you please phrase your comments in a way that do not ask questions that only the Nongprue police station or those others involved can answer as that is non-productive and now getting argumentative.

petercool - moderator