England games

Mooner

"Shandy drinker" : The ultimate put down to a Southern Jessie from a Northerner. What was the topic again? Anyone watching the big match today? No, not Barnsley v Bradford City. The other one; Estonia v England. I watched Poland v Germany yesterday and I actually jumped out of my seat when Poland got their first goal. It was an involuntary thing, should I be embarrassed?

"Shandy drinker" : The ultimate put down to a Southern Jessie from a Northerner. What was the topic again? Anyone watching the big match today? No, not Barnsley v Bradford City. The other one; Estonia v England. I watched Poland v Germany yesterday and I actually jumped out of my seat when Poland got their first goal. It was an involuntary thing, should I be embarrassed?

Yes you should be you Norvern mankee.

• Like 1

Well that was a thrilling game eh!! 3 points is 3 points but blimey we laboured it.

I couldn't sleep and had the misfortune to watch that garbage. Something else too. Rooneys free kick was a beaut but aside of that he was nothing short of dreadful, couldn't even trap the ball properly, all huff and puff with little or no ball skill and if thats the best he can do against mighty Estonia then he's nowhere near world class, thats a given, but it also shows why he's never produced at international level against top quality opposition.

and he's on 300k p/w................priceless! facepalm.gif

Well that was a thrilling game eh!! 3 points is 3 points but blimey we laboured it.

I couldn't sleep and had the misfortune to watch that garbage. Something else too. Rooneys free kick was a beaut but aside of that he was nothing short of dreadful, couldn't even trap the ball properly, all huff and puff with little or no ball skill and if thats the best he can do against mighty Estonia then he's nowhere near world class, thats a given, but it also shows why he's never produced at international level against top quality opposition.

He nearly scored a cracker in the first half too....but yes........tongue.png

Long may he remain captain. giggle.gif

And lets not forget we've been gifted an absurdly easy group. Our football and the management is just dire in every respect.

I've started to see how you feel about internationals so next time we have one i'll pop a sleeping tablet incase i wake up again in time to watch it!

Wouldn't matter who was captain as long as Woy is dishing out the tactics and team set ups.

• Like 1

Wouldn't matter who was captain as long as Woy is dishing out the tactics and team set ups.

and continuing to scapegoat and sacrifice his own players. can't help himself hodgson, always has to lob someone out of the boat to try and disguise his own shortcomings. this time it's a 19 year old wonderkid. what a guy.

• Like 1

Rooney put the ball in the right spot for the free kick, so credit to him for that but I think it was more a goalkeeping error than a beaut of a free kick. I think your average Championship keeper would not have been troubled by that.

Rooney put the ball in the right spot for the free kick, so credit to him for that but I think it was more a goalkeeping error than a beaut of a free kick. I think your average Championship keeper would not have been troubled by that.

I had to give him credit for something because the rest of the game he was simply dreadful.

Nine points on the board out of nine.

Good enough for me.

Why don't you ask Spain, Germany or Italy if they'd swap places with us right now, you bunch of moaners?

tongue.png

and yep nice to have a captain that scores when needed and aint quite such an international embarrassment clap2.gif

'Tired',,, ah bless,,,, perhaps Rodgers and hodgson should take a nanny along and make him go to bed earlier.

Nine points on the board out of nine.

Good enough for me.

Why don't you ask Spain, Germany or Italy if they'd swap places with us right now, you bunch of moaners?

tongue.png

Didn't hear me moan!

Then it wasn't addressed to you Smokes.

thumbsup.gif

Don't confuse constructive criticism with moaning Chicog thumbsup.gif

Rooney was a fine example to the rest of the team.

So...why wasn't he replaced by someone with pace you desperately needed?

You need to get Sturridge on 300k a week then it can happen!!

Something that i did forget to post earlier was on the subject of Cahill.

One of only two players that i thought came back from Brazil with credit, has a good temperament too. He's developing into a very solid defender and i personally think has the makings of a team captain.

^Looks like ole Whisky nose has a different opinion to your goodselfbiggrin.png

Ferguson said: 'You can play too much football, particularly young players growing and developing physically.

'That’s exactly what happened with Michael. He would’ve been a far better player if he’d been allowed to improve technically and develop rather than playing all the time.'

Edited by wilai
  • Like 2

Wilai. ..We are talking about playing for your country here,the main problem we have is i dont see any passion from the like

s of him and that is what we need.

Picking and choosing for your country cos your tired is bolox

Wilai. ..We are talking about playing for your country here,the main problem we have is i dont see any passion from the like

that's right. increased "passion" married to roy hodgson's prehistoric tactics and archaic training methods is a surefire way of winning the next european championships.

• Like 1

Come on mate you need good players as well.

I know you don't like Roy but arr Brenda could very easily be next on your hate list couldn't he.

#Raheemed

I am sure if hecsaid he was tired at Liverpool you wouln't be impressed....i just could not imagine Rooney saying i am tired boss or somchai bloggs down at the 7-11 doing it could you? The salary doesnt even come into it.

Come on mate you need good players as well.

I know you don't like Roy but arr Brenda could very easily be next on your hate list couldn't he.

#Raheemed

I am sure if hecsaid he was tired at Liverpool you wouln't be impressed....i just could not imagine Rooney saying i am tired boss or somchai bloggs down at the 7-11 doing it could you? The salary doesnt even come into it.

If Rooney had said he was tired in Brazil we'd probably had a better world cup because Hodgson's selection wouldn't have been compromised to accommodate the granny shagger.

Sorry lad...he didn't "pick and choose". He was asked a series of questions by the luddite and gave honest answers. Said luddite decided not to play him from the start based on the answers he gave. And then hung him out to dry via his mates in the media! Had he wanted to pick and choose, he would have pulled a Giggsy (and I don't mean screwing his bro's wifewink.png).

Passion alone will never win England anything....as we are used to seeing! Modern coaching and fitness techniques, allied to talented, intelligent players is the way forward, and until the dinosaurs at the FA realise this, there is no chance. The likes of Sturridge, Sterling, et al need to be allowed to express themselves and trained sensibly.....not go to a bloody boot camp every time there is an international break.

Sturridge was injured 4 times in two years with England...and was forced to play when injured "to test his Wesolve". No mate, 'the main problem' is not lack of passion, it is a complete lack of intelligence from the top of the pyramid down! I doubt it will change in the near future.

Sorry mate he should be up for playing at 19 no questions needed.

The rest you talk about is a totally different argument.

Sturridge has always been injury prone and benefitted from playing with dracula...it could be said sturridge goes missing and is also lazy mucker.......maybe Sterling is following suit his mate at your place either way they are struggling now dracs gone are they not!

Sorry mate he should be up for playing at 19 no questions needed.

The rest you talk about is a totally different argument.

Sturridge has always been injury prone and benefitted from playing with dracula...it could be said sturridge goes missing and is also lazy mucker.......maybe Sterling is following suit his mate at your place either way they are struggling now dracs gone are they not!

it's just not true that though is it? michael owen was played too much as a kid and suffered career-long hamstring injuries. giggs was protected by ferguson and played until he was 40. sturridge is under a very strict and advanced sports science regime at liverpool and hodgson simply chose to ignore this to liverpool's detriment and to england's.

so if sterling says he isn't feeling peak fitness and could benefit from a rest, a good manager would check it out with his club and then trust his player - not then go public and hanging the 19 year old kid out to dry. this argument that "19 year olds shouldn't get tired" is so archaic it's untrue. they're high performance athletes expected to perform every time they take the field, why shouldn't they experience fatigue just like anyone else?

• Like 1

Raheemed Sterling apparetly apologized for being human on his twitter yestetday.

19 and <deleted> cant play a game for his country he wants a good kicking spoilt little runt.

Tired <deleted>

yep, hardly been overplayed, works out hes played a game a week for the last 18 weeks. a 19 year old should be able to manage that. the real issue,,,, try telling any 19 year old he can now only have one day off instead if two. saying that most of the country already think that footballers are spoilt little brats, this aint doing much to improve that perception.