England games

Mooner

Typical....and you wonder why I wanted independence...

your team aint even had a run of decent results to back this seemingly surge of optimism , hit the world top 25, and maybe you'll have an argument, until then remain as always a chirpy minnow wai2.gif

Typical....and you wonder why I wanted independence...

your team aint even had a run of decent results to back this seemingly surge of optimism , hit the world top 25, and maybe you'll have an argument, until then remain as always a chirpy minnow wai2.gif

Not long to go....you better iron your Morris Dancing costume and get the faggots out of the fire.

Best of luck rijit......I hope this one goes exactly to plan. B)

• Like 1

Carmine just woke up....you know he ain't missing this one....hehehe

You know me well enough to know theres no chance of me staying up for an international friendly. Especially a match between two dog average sides, one being slightly worse than the other.

Just another unnecessary reason for more injuries. I'm also fully expecting the tabloids to start barking on about Roy's "impressive" win ratio soon which i'm going to find intensely irritating, since we all know we'll get humped by any team even half decent. especially as he's the clown that had the nerve to state that he reckoned he did a good job at the last world cup.

Edited by carmine

Send all the yung uns up every year to play the scotland full squad so they could c how easy it is to shut a totally partisan crowd up :D:D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

ye Auld enemy know thou place !!!!biggrin.png:D

Bugger off you gimp.

We were appalling in almost every respect last night....a disgrace to the fans.

Nothing more to say.

though perhaps not as disgraceful as the england fans of course.

bunch of utter two-bob pillocks them lot are.

ye Auld enemy know thou place !!!!biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Bugger off you gimp.

Nothing more to say.

true enough, their chanting was disgraceful but lets no forget the booing throughout the national anthem also. Is it really so much to button it and show some respect for sixty seconds? Just seems to be an occasion to vent hostility imho.

All this unfortunately shows the home nation internationals in their dimmest light.

ye Auld enemy know thou place !!!!biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Bugger off you gimp.

Nothing more to say.

true enough, their chanting was disgraceful but lets no forget the booing throughout the national anthem also. Is it really so much to button it and show some respect for sixty seconds? Just seems to be an occasion to vent hostility imho.

All this unfortunately shows the home nation internationals in their dimmest light.

I thought it was very amusing, especially "Are you Tottnumb in disguise?".

w00t.gif

yeah well, you know - <deleted> the national anthem and that. ;)

that band are just an embarrassment anyway. can't imagine being near the clowns in a ground, there'd be brass instruments inserted up assorted backsides all over the place.

apparently wales has got its own version now as well, called 'the barry horns'. tragic.

I missed all of that, tbh , I dont agree with god save the queen being played at football and take the same veiw on any 'politics' being brought into football, so ira uda.the royals and those just using those names to belittle and

intimidate get the fuc away and stay that way .

• 4 months later...

Might as well try and drum up a bit of enthusiasm for the upcoming Euro qualifier v Lithuania (Friday) and the Italy friendly. Like all of you I'll be hoping our own team's lads don't get dragged into too much game time.

Had to look up the squad - lost touch with it other than knowing that Roy of the Rovers Spurs has been called up. Here's the full revised squad per Beeb.

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Rob Green (Queens Park Rangers), Jack Butland (Stoke City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa) [currently still sick], Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Ryan Mason (Tottenham Hotspur), James Milner (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool) [injury withdrawal], Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

Hope he starts off the Lithuania game with a few new faces. Maybe too experimental but how about:

Butland

Clyne, Cahill, Jones, Rose

Walcott, Henderson, Barklay, Sterling

Kane, Rooney

Too early for Mason to be a starter. Welbeck, Walker and Townsend, not on form. I'd take a punt on Walcott - he's not getting much out of Arsene but I fear that is Wenger being Wenger with a player getting too uppity over contracts. Yeah I know Sterling (presumably) is normally played on the right these days, but I recall he has played brilliantly well on the left cutting in and creating havoc.

Would rather see a good try-out for a lot of guys than an 8-1 or some such.

Normally the friendlies come first? In fact it's probably better to have the easier game first anyway (famous last words). Presumably we'll see the preferred first choice players coming in on that, so the like of Hart, Baines, Jagielka (I would prefer a Jones/Smalling combo) and Milner (super sub) will have some part to play.

Instead of Hodgson naming a squad and then having half of them drop out, let's try a new system.

Announce the game via social media, Facebook or whatever, and select the first ones to put their hands up to play. That way, at least you know they want to be there.

Well, that's the way we used to do it in the Sportsmans' League in London .....

• Like 1

Blimey. What a crew of centre-backs.coffee1.gif

Yeah none of those four set me alight either.

Kids these days don't want to defend. Transfer values support that premise. Perhaps the position needs a rename (like right backs and left backs are now "wingbacks").

"Corner attack guard", "deep midfielder", anyone?

Danny Rose pulled out. So that's Gibbs at left back for the easy game and Baines for the Italy friendly then. I don't mind that exposure for Gibbs* has been out of sorts and hasn't got much playtime for us (Monreal better? Maybe now but I think a blip!). Needs a run out or two.

Transfer values per "transfermarkt" Baines 16 mil, Gibbs 12, Monreal 8. Sounds about right (only if Kieran can recover his true form).

*$hitty really when the supporters get sucked into the same syndrome as managers - not wanting to see their players get game time at internationals for fear of injuries