What's with the nasty attitude on this motorcycle forum?

Danhig

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well said RSD, opening bashing threads to whine about bashing isnt really helpful. There are some stupid characters here that think they are superior because they have bigger or more expensive bikes or simply beacuse "they ride". And these guys infect many others on the long term with the same virus.

Every thread (even this one as well!), you have to show your disdain of big bikes and their riders, throwing BS accusations at them as in thinking they're superior, when in fact, it is often the rider of the smaller bike who has the inferiority complex.

These a**hats will often stalk posters from thread to thread in order to flame them or write useless posts such as a pic of some twit sitting on a scooter with no gear on a thread about wearng proper gear. I mean, there was even some weirdo with a fixation on my dick. Amazing! And just a little disconcerting! See 'geared up' thread.

All simply because they're on a smaller bike, wearing no gear and rarely riding.

Yet they feel it's okay to flame someone who rides regularly, does track days at every opportunity, opens threads with images/info about various bike meets and is a skilled rider.

You can just feel the envy. They have my sympathy.

Yep, you are one of the guys i meant smile.png

I agree...it makes me think that all the friendly waving is just some sort of insecurity showing itself...

Let me try to understand what you are saying here. Are you suggesting that when bikers wave to each other, they are insecure about themselves and therefore the "wave" is to reassure themselves that they are ??????

Were you somehow or other ill treated by a biker in your early days?

what do you mean by ill treated ?

I agree...it makes me think that all the friendly waving is just some sort of insecurity showing itself...

Let me try to understand what you are saying here. Are you suggesting that when bikers wave to each other, they are insecure about themselves and therefore the "wave" is to reassure themselves that they are ??????

Were you somehow or other ill treated by a biker in your early days?

what do you mean by ill treated ?

Maybe bullied, picked upon, beaten by, spat on, sodomised...... how would I know? Most bikers (when riding big bikes and normally properly geared up) tend to wave to others as a matter of courtesy, politeness, acknowledgement. Much like shaking someone's hand when introduced to them.

Were you not taught manners when you were young?

"He didn't want my views or opinions in Dave's ride out thread because I wasn't part of the group. As others have said just stops people posting regular cause of all the Mr know it all attitude "

"Here on thaivisa that angry kid usually gets a holiday or gets simply banned as has happened already a couple of times "

"Rude, insufferable prat that is extremely lacking, yet has no problem

stating absolutes. Sorry no pass freely given......Respect is not earned by being disrespectful"

"It does stop me from posting as much as I used to"

"Yes me too."

"I too agree. It makes threads off topic and uninteresting."

"I am no longer a biker but I know what you mean... the guy has very few likes for so many posts and can't disagree without being disagreeable. It gets to the point that you hesitate to comment on anything at all."

Okay, thanks for the feedback. Good to know it wasn't just me that noticed the issue. thumbsup.gif

thanks for the compliments.

tree bearing fruits, gets stoned as usual, by talkers!

so, whipping band is here so why dont you guys just use 'ignore' option for me and dont see my posts?

but no, you like to be the members of ll2 fan&fun club. admit it, you like my posts and it is just a hate - love relationship between you and meclap2.gif i can see it from this thread opened specifically for me!

op with this thread and his posts sure sounding like a squid and respected and experienced bikers can see that, OP sounds like a dog running away crying with the tail between its legs!

• Like 1

"He didn't want my views or opinions in Dave's ride out thread because I wasn't part of the group. As others have said just stops people posting regular cause of all the Mr know it all attitude "

"Here on thaivisa that angry kid usually gets a holiday or gets simply banned as has happened already a couple of times "

stating absolutes. Sorry no pass freely given......Respect is not earned by being disrespectful"

"Yes me too."

"I am no longer a biker but I know what you mean... the guy has very few likes for so many posts and can't disagree without being disagreeable. It gets to the point that you hesitate to comment on anything at all."

Okay, thanks for the feedback. Good to know it wasn't just me that noticed the issue. thumbsup.gif

so, whipping band is here so why dont you guys just use 'ignore' option for me and dont see my posts?

but no, you like to be the members of ll2 fan&fun club. admit it, you like my posts and it is just a hate - love relationship between you and meclap2.gif i can see it from this thread opened specifically for me!

op with this thread and his posts sure sounding like a squid and respected and experienced bikers can see that, OP sounds like a dog running away crying with the tail between its legs!

All a bit worked-up for me, I'll leave you argue nastily with someone else. If I can ask a question.

I received a number of PMs, two different members said that you were previously banned for calling another member a pedophile?

Honestly?

"Yes me too."

All a bit worked-up for me, I'll leave you argue nastily with someone else. If I can ask a question.

I received a number of PMs, two different members said that you were previously banned for calling another member a pedophile?

Honestly?

really? maybe that members are your other split personalities like this one? i mean your old usernames maybe?

@Danhig - in times like this you should always remember what Bertrand Russell said:

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Haha. I was thinking of 'Remember, the emptiest vessel makes the most noise'. biggrin.png

Plato: "An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.” :D

Edited by Danhig

anyway, thanks for opening a thread about me OPlaugh.png it was fun and i am honored one more time by getting stoned!

but you said you don't think you will bother much about this forum after all and would like to take your ball and leave while crying, no?

anyway, thanks for opening a thread about me OPlaugh.png it was fun and i am honored one more time by getting stoned!

but you said you don't think you will bother much about this forum after all and would like to take your ball and leave while crying, no?

Any publicity is better than none, eh II2biggrin.png

I don't think we have a specific bike topic moderator anymore, the last one sits in a prison cell on Phuket so we are most of the times left to our own, but we are big boys so shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Such statements really wouldn't bother me. If that idea makes you feel good, cool. thumbsup.gif

It's kind of the like the humiliation of being passed by a Ninja250, statement. I think only an idiot on a bike would feel humiliated by such a thing.

We're on different wavelengths here. Now, as you have an apparent history for going on and on until the point of calling other posters pedophiles because you don't agree with them, I'll bade you farewell kid. Good luck with the endless mission you're on. And just a quick bit of advice. Next time a Ninja 250 goes past you, let it go, it really doesn't matter in the slightest. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Danhig

People here(at least most of them) have the same passion and interest.

Dont we have enough troubles and struggles in daily life going through BS situations already everyday?

We are minority in the society and should support each other, back up each other against all the fact that would limit our passion.

The more this topic goes the more meaningless it will be. So, Let s just stop pissing contest.

Forums almost always end up with this - I've been an admin and moderator on popular forums and inevitably wires get crossed, tempers frayed and points of view missed. No doubt if most of us were in the pub we'd all get on - such is how this all works when we're only connected via the net.

I agree though, this thread isn't going anywhere or solving anything, surprised it's still open.

I don't know what some of you are complaining about, I love it!!! biggrin.png

Where I come from we call it 'banter' yes sometimes it gets out of hand but that's what moderators are for.

I actually like to read these little mini arguments, as it makes the forum more interesting and fun to read. It usually dies down quick enough and most of us long term readers know who is being an idiot and who isn't. Some people just need thicker skins and not take these things so seriously. It's sad that it might stop some people from posting sometimes but it's still better than just banal boring basic information giving etc

Have to agree with you mate. but this thread is a bit tame.

Personally, I prefer those where we discuss and fight and disagree about certain riding techniques. Take for eg the advice given by one (banned and/or suspended I believe) poster where he feels that it's unnecessary to know about counter steering as it should be intuitive. Or the other one where some real bikers advocate riding without safety protection gear as it's either unnecessary or ineffective. Those are the threads with some real meat to dig into, so to say.

• Like 1

The content of this thread kind of proves the OP's point. When I asked a general question in this forum a while ago I noticed that some of the most informative replies were sent as PM's by people saying they didn't want to reply in the thread as they couldn't be bothered with all the immature bickering.

• Like 1

Feel free to PM if you wish. smile.png

andre_andre. Is that you? blink.png

I learn things even from members I detest; even went on rides with 'em.

Now that's no way to talk about bramds. smile.png

So I'm guessing riding with LL2 was an experience? mellow.png

Hey, why am I being dragged into this?

• Like 1

Showgirl you don't even own a bike dude so why do you keep hanging out & antagonizing this forum. If your bored go to your cities forum to bitch. We are all tired of your silly ass. Get a bike & a life or hit the bricks bitch!

• Like 1