Thinking about people in overstay

Tayida

Reading some old topics on TV,I read about people staying in overstay for months,even for years.How they can live day by day knowing that they are broke the law?Where they live,most of them?I dont think in Pattaya or Bangkok or Phuket.They live in the deep forest,place like in deep Isaan?I really can't image myself one day in overstay,scaring minute by minute that police can stop and put me in jail.

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why blow cash on visas when you can invest it wisely in booze and birds.

Until you get caught and then there's the distinct possibility of your being the "bird" in the detention centre as it were. biggrin.png

• Like 2

What might be a nightmare for you is obviously a walk in the park for some!

To the OP. If you want to live by and obey everybodys rules and regulations, then why bother to get out of bed in the morning? I will say that if I was an overstayer, I would always be looking over my shoulder, I just can't understand anyone who does this. I do admit to having broke some of Thailands laws, and plenty back in Scotland because I do not agree with them, ie, driving a new truck with red no plates out of my Province, and also during darkness etc.

Cant decide whether op is trolling or is naive

Writing about me?

He certainly is. Why should anyone that is on overstay be of any concern to anyone other than them ? Why should anyone think anything ? The fact people overstay has no bearing or impact on my visa or work permit so why should it concern me ?

People overstay for a variety of reasons. Doesn't make them bad people. Loads of people here ride their bike without a crash helmet, Drive or ride after several beers and don't have a valid Thai license. I don't think or worry about them either

Up to them

I agree with your post apart from one thing, people driving or riding their motorcycle after several beers, as a driver and motorcycle rider, I object to sharing a road with these people, as they can cost me my life, and not to mention people who don't drive or ride whos lives have been ruined by these scumbags.

do you ever think about some people that are on overstay, don't have money to pay it?

I know 3 people that are overstay, can barely make it as it is,, working for peanuts just to get by.. its hard for everyone..2 of them got robed, lost everything. no help what so ever. now working here and there .just to survive.

• Like 1

Writing about me?

He certainly is. Why should anyone that is on overstay be of any concern to anyone other than them ? Why should anyone think anything ? The fact people overstay has no bearing or impact on my visa or work permit so why should it concern me ?

People overstay for a variety of reasons. Doesn't make them bad people. Loads of people here ride their bike without a crash helmet, Drive or ride after several beers and don't have a valid Thai license. I don't think or worry about them either

Up to them

"Doesn't make them bad people."

I don't think he was accusing them of being bad people, but wondering if they didn't spend much time worrying about being caught.

When significant numbers of people violate some immigrations rule it does impact others because it usually results in additional and more arduous restrictions applied to everyone ... which is one reason the recent "crackdown" came about and why there has been greater scrutiny regarding qualifications for extensions and the use of visa exempt entries.

Why should anyone that is on overstay be of any concern to anyone other than them ?

I suppose the same thing could have been said back when quite a few of them bragged on TV that they had been on overstay for years on end or that they didn't bother doing 90 reports. Why would that have been something they felt compelled to share with everyone else?

• Like 2

I am not here to judge other people,cause i am the first to be judged.And i dont think they are bad people.I just think,and hope someone that was in overstay and wrote the story on TV will share this here too,how they can feel and live day by day knowing that they are breaking the rules and can be catch at any moment.

• Like 1

Not every case is the same - I tried to get to laos to get non b and even though I had letter from laos embassy in Bangkok saying ok to travel with letter and immigration where I live and receipt from passport office in passport office saying new passport in process but the laos guy still not let me in as only 5 months left on passport - even with letter so still waiting for new passport and 20k fines in overstay - I also might add the Thai side were brilliant when I got refused entry into laos otherwise I would be on the friendship bridge to this day

• Like 1

I might worry about something over which I have some control..... if I have NO control over the issue, why worry ?

I have been known to break the law..... and I'm an absolutely wonderful person..... says he tongue in cheek.

I'm a bit worried if I have enough beer for the night.... over stayers, who gives a shit ????

Just sayin.

I found that the OP's question was quite correct, given that this is Thailand, where they enforce their overstay laws. I have seen President Obama state, "We will not enforce overstay laws. These are just undocumented workers.". It does not work that way here, and I also would not sleep well at night while being on overstay. But then, I don't shoplift or rob 7-11's either. Silly me.

Some of the crackdown is because of the large number of people on overstay.

It was more economical to overstay (and possibly working) than the cost of living (and working) legal.

But with the new rules they won't ever be able to leave the country or they wouldn't get back in again.

Don't do anything wrong and don't get anyone mad at you.

Should I know always keep my passport with me?

I heard President Obama now has 30% approve of his job.

I understand the OP I worry every time I cross the road I might get run over by someone going the wrong way, speeding, on their telephone, drunk or falling asleep at the wheel not to mention the dangers of air travel, overnight bus or train trips. I worry about getting bitten by a mosquito and getting dengue fever. I worry that I might have diabetes or high blood pressure and not know it. I worry it might rain tomorrow and I want it to be sunny. I just worry about everything that might affect my life so I will let people on overstay worry for themselves as I think I worry tooooooo much but to those on overstay talk to someone on TV or elsewhere as there are plenty of people who can advise you how best to sort out your particular problems.