Koh Tao revival planned

webfact

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

March 1976, returning to Bangkok, despite knowing that the authorities there sought him. Charles Sobhraj,was interrogated by Thai policemen in connection with the murders, but released because authorities feared that the negative publicity accompanying a murder trial would harm the country's tourist industry.

(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

tourism saved and Sobharaj was free to continue with his murder-spree.

The word "lured" is normally associated with bad things for the person being "lured" like murder and rape....

yes the word "lured" together in the same article with the word "target"...sounds enticing!

"The key targets are Westerners and tourists from neighbouring countries," Ittirit said

To those of you defending the case and the investigation stop being so paranoid about being deported for speaking the truth. Pathetic. Look at the facts, look at the history of corruption in the country. Listen to the majority of Thai's who understand the entire case then use your education and common sense to draw your conclusion.

• Like 1

To those of you defending the case and the investigation stop being so paranoid about being deported for speaking the truth. Pathetic. Look at the facts, look at the history of corruption in the country. Listen to the majority of Thai's who understand the entire case then use your education and common sense to draw your conclusion.

Absobloodylutely!

The problem is that the real killers have NOT been caught and still remain free on Koh Tao. It is even starting to look as though they may in fact be serial killers. If true, Koh Tao is NOT safe for any tourist and should be avoided like the plague.

In fact, it might not be such a bad idea to start a BOYCOTT KOH TAO campaign.

Well, you could always start a campaign on change.org and address it to all

the different travel agencies around Europe to boykot Thailand all together.

There are nearly 50'000 signatures on a [nearly wasted] petition because the

wording is not thought out very well and governments don't like to be intefered.

But a petition addressed at the private sector sure would hurt Thailand more

then any friendly, polite few words from an Ambassadors during a game of golf.

Keyboard justice warriors are getting old and still hampering the investigation. Your speculation and guesses are having a negative impact on the case. You only need to have seen the Police follow the rumours round the island, to understand the harm you are doing. THE MAJORITY OF YOU DON'T EVEN *@!%ING LIVE HERE or are not related to the victim. You are in no position to pass comment or assess the situation. Stop trying to get 5 minutes of fame and seem cool off something so tragic, please let them rest in peace, god knows they deserve it.

I have lived here for a few years and seen all the good this place has to offer. The people here are amazing, kind, helpful and understanding. I regularly leave expensive items unattended for a few minutes at a time, to no ill effect. Crime here is at an all time low, not just for Thailand but also for the UK where I come from. We the people who make it what it is pride ourselves on just how safe it is here. Like for like my local town makes Koh Tao look like heaven, gangs of youths, muggings of old ladies and drug addicts everywhere.

We are angered at the introduction of extra police and camera's. This we believe is going to create more crime and antisocial behaviour. When you give crime a front seat, the effects are potentially an endorsement.

Sure the island has it's own way of doing things, everywhere does. That does not mean it is the wrong way, otherwise we may as well start preaching ourself as American or Victorian British label them savages and destroy them. GROW UP. The media is purposely and wrongly converting 'village chiefs' to mafia heads, to buy extra readers. It is despicable to take someone of good standing and trash their name just because you heard rumours. You wonder why they closed ranks? You forced them into it. Like a lot of you say the as Thai did with the burmese, you have done the same with them.

Now lets clear up some myths you all have.

DNA - Hannah's body has already been in the UK for some time now. Upon arrival to the UK she will have undergone an immediate post-mortem examination to verify the Thai evidence. In the UK or forensic science is at such a level that tampering would become noticed straight away. They will then also take their own samples for comparison. They will know if they find more than 2 different types of DNA, which would be expected in a cover up.

Physical mismatch - David was a big lad and as the official version goes was locked in a fight to the death to defend himself and a vulnerable person. Anyone who has grown up in the UK is used to trouble at night. The 2 people who got the better of him were of no physical comparison. He could have merely held one in each hand to stop the attack.

Investigation - Our conclusion was that the police used the wrong methods to investigate this crime. The island has a huge sense of community, this was never levied by the Police. They came in like bull in a china shop charging about, 'owning' the island. This is what caused the ranks to close.

Interception of WeChat. The chinese wechat provider is set up to allow law enforcement direct access to the logs. Why haven't these been requested.. Any Thai person who has shown me anything to do with the case has mainly been using Wechat to discuss it. It can filter by keyword so direct viewing of messages isn't needed.

I wish people would think before they pass comment, and affect a serious investigation.

I call for ThaiVisa to moderate this better, whether they understand it or not they are clearly having a negative effect on the investigation by wasting police time with useless leads and rumours. RTP when you read this please understand the culture of the foreigner to pass comments on things they have no personal involvement with or do not understand.

Why is it OK for you to speculate, just because you are a temporary foreign resident there, and not OK for others to do the same? People are still speculating because the crime is still unsolved and the rapists and murderers are still at large.

You can continue to leave your very expensive items unattended for a few seconds at a time and that's wonderful but, if you leave your teenage daughter unattended, you might come back and find her raped and hacked to death.

Stop. Think. Breathe. Speak

Plus learn to read things in full, not just want you want to hear.

1) I am not a temporary resident.

2 ) They are facts not speculation

3) Crime here is exceptionally low

4 ) It is not ok for people to affect a murder investigation in a negative and time wasting way.

5 ) My daughter is safer here than in the UK

6) Hannah was not a teenager.

Think of it this way, with all the false stuff put on here that they wasted time following, they could have been looking for the real killers instead of being trolled. It may have even prevented them.

I have travelled the world and feel very fortunate to have done so. If there is one thing this has taught me is that whilst people want the same things, they all agree upon a different way of achieving it. This island is unlike the mainland, world's away from it. It has its own way of doing things, this too wasn't respected by the police during the investigation.

Please think before you speak people you are affecting something very important. If you don't agree with it, petition your local embassy or join the petition on change.org

Stop, think...........Twilley..........TROLL!!wai2.gif

• Like 1

Keyboard justice warriors are getting old and still hampering the investigation. Your speculation and guesses are having a negative impact on the case. You only need to have seen the Police follow the rumours round the island, to understand the harm you are doing. THE MAJORITY OF YOU DON'T EVEN *@!%ING LIVE HERE or are not related to the victim. You are in no position to pass comment or assess the situation. Stop trying to get 5 minutes of fame and seem cool off something so tragic, please let them rest in peace, god knows they deserve it.

I have lived here for a few years and seen all the good this place has to offer. The people here are amazing, kind, helpful and understanding. I regularly leave expensive items unattended for a few minutes at a time, to no ill effect. Crime here is at an all time low, not just for Thailand but also for the UK where I come from. We the people who make it what it is pride ourselves on just how safe it is here. Like for like my local town makes Koh Tao look like heaven, gangs of youths, muggings of old ladies and drug addicts everywhere.

We are angered at the introduction of extra police and camera's. This we believe is going to create more crime and antisocial behaviour. When you give crime a front seat, the effects are potentially an endorsement.

Sure the island has it's own way of doing things, everywhere does. That does not mean it is the wrong way, otherwise we may as well start preaching ourself as American or Victorian British label them savages and destroy them. GROW UP. The media is purposely and wrongly converting 'village chiefs' to mafia heads, to buy extra readers. It is despicable to take someone of good standing and trash their name just because you heard rumours. You wonder why they closed ranks? You forced them into it. Like a lot of you say the as Thai did with the burmese, you have done the same with them.

Now lets clear up some myths you all have.

DNA - Hannah's body has already been in the UK for some time now. Upon arrival to the UK she will have undergone an immediate post-mortem examination to verify the Thai evidence. In the UK or forensic science is at such a level that tampering would become noticed straight away. They will then also take their own samples for comparison. They will know if they find more than 2 different types of DNA, which would be expected in a cover up.

Physical mismatch - David was a big lad and as the official version goes was locked in a fight to the death to defend himself and a vulnerable person. Anyone who has grown up in the UK is used to trouble at night. The 2 people who got the better of him were of no physical comparison. He could have merely held one in each hand to stop the attack.

Investigation - Our conclusion was that the police used the wrong methods to investigate this crime. The island has a huge sense of community, this was never levied by the Police. They came in like bull in a china shop charging about, 'owning' the island. This is what caused the ranks to close.

Interception of WeChat. The chinese wechat provider is set up to allow law enforcement direct access to the logs. Why haven't these been requested.. Any Thai person who has shown me anything to do with the case has mainly been using Wechat to discuss it. It can filter by keyword so direct viewing of messages isn't needed.

I wish people would think before they pass comment, and affect a serious investigation.

I call for ThaiVisa to moderate this better, whether they understand it or not they are clearly having a negative effect on the investigation by wasting police time with useless leads and rumours. RTP when you read this please understand the culture of the foreigner to pass comments on things they have no personal involvement with or do not understand.

Why is it OK for you to speculate, just because you are a temporary foreign resident there, and not OK for others to do the same? People are still speculating because the crime is still unsolved and the rapists and murderers are still at large.

You can continue to leave your very expensive items unattended for a few seconds at a time and that's wonderful but, if you leave your teenage daughter unattended, you might come back and find her raped and hacked to death.

Stop. Think. Breathe. Speak

Plus learn to read things in full, not just want you want to hear.

1) I am not a temporary resident.

2 ) They are facts not speculation

3) Crime here is exceptionally low

4 ) It is not ok for people to affect a murder investigation in a negative and time wasting way.

5 ) My daughter is safer here than in the UK

6) Hannah was not a teenager.

Think of it this way, with all the false stuff put on here that they wasted time following, they could have been looking for the real killers instead of being trolled. It may have even prevented them.

I have travelled the world and feel very fortunate to have done so. If there is one thing this has taught me is that whilst people want the same things, they all agree upon a different way of achieving it. This island is unlike the mainland, world's away from it. It has its own way of doing things, this too wasn't respected by the police during the investigation.

Please think before you speak people you are affecting something very important. If you don't agree with it, petition your local embassy or join the petition on change.org

You think they WANT to find the real killers - you think they dont know who done this? you believe they havent been paid off, dont you know anything about Koh tao? go and read someof the links on this forum!? ISLANDS still have to obey LAWS in civilised countries. If you think Thailand is not and cannot be a civilised country there is no hope for you! - or do you exempt them from rape and murder? Why you think people HAVENT signed petition OF COURSE WE HAVE!!!!!!!1- who are you to come here and tell everyone they are wrong? crawl back to your hole - the people on this forum are united in KNOWING that something is wrong here and as far as I can see theyre not far wrong. we CERTAINLY DONT need one like you to tell us were idiots - compared to those still supporting RTP were geniuses!

• Like 2

Koh Tao the Island where you can meet real killers in your holidays,

you cant get killed by Ebola but wearing a bikini is much more dangerous

Everybody who make holiday in Koh Tao or nearby Islands is supporting the Thai policy, you not supporting the people,

show the Thais some statement from educated western people: You cant protect criminals and you cant handle things like this,

There is no need to make holidays there, asia have hundreds of nice islands very close, stay away and the problem will be solved,

but you keep going there, everything will be the same, peopel get killed raped and nothing changed, then you are realy what Thai people think of you:

STUPID WALKING ATM´S

Edited by SiggiCM

People who claim social media interfered with the investigation should realize that the police CHOSE to follow any and all ridiculous leads. How can you blame someone else for why the police Chose to do. Weren't there hundreds of police on the island ? Couldn't a few select have followed Up on the leads? Most of

The crap on CSI LA is exactly that. But in all reality the lack of professionalism especially with regard to not even using a forensics pathologist is beyond me. The only way to get this sorted out as wetting has been begging and demanding for is an independent investigation. If the police have nothing to hide they will welcome it. They did just say there was transparency in the investigation. Let's see if they can prove what they say?!

I literally get sick to my stomach when I hear new information regarding this case. I think if it has been proven this was

A police cover up, the Thais and international community won't just let it fade away. We Owe it to David, Hannah, and other Victims to get the truth!

Edited by yougivemebaby

Koh Tao the Island where you can meet real killers in your holidays,

you cant get killed by Ebola but wearing a bikini is much more dangerous

Everybody who make holiday in Koh Tao or nearby Islands is supporting the Thai policy, you not supporting the people,

show the Thais some statement from educated western people: You cant protect criminals and you cant handle things like this,

There is no need to make holidays there, asia have hundreds of nice islands very close, stay away and the problem will be solved,

but you keep going there, everything will be the same, peopel get killed raped and nothing changed, then you are realy what Thai people think of you:

STUPID WALKING ATM´S

Siggi - these people dont know what is there - Thai people need to warn foreigners about islands you cant blame them for wanting to go to a beach with palm trees - that is shat TAT shows them - would you know which areas to stay away from in Toronto or New York?

Short term marketing based on : We'll at least our beaches are Ebola free !

But then so is 99% of the world ebola free. But Thailand is just as likely to have an ebola outbreak as in any other nonAfrican country.

Actually I think that Thailand has an increased likelyhood. Very simply put one of the main "past-times" here provides a very rapid vector for the disease. Think about it. Sick man goes to girly bar......oh sh1t

"The TCT will ask airlines operating flights to the South and hotels on the island to offer special packages at attractive prices to lure visitors to the island."

What a great idea! Lure people to go to an island known for its mafia, killers on the lose and corrupt police. Also I am sure people will feel very save with guards on the beach. BTW, why are guards needed, when the island is now safe???

Why not just say "Come to Koh Tao - Its dirt cheap now!!!!... We will protect you the best we can, from our local mafia and killers. However, should you get brutally killed (which is likely), then our corrupt police will take care of you" Enjoy your stay, relax and have a wonderful holiday!.

Thailand is slowing killing its tourism industry. Why? Simply because of stupidity, corruption and Thainess!

Ebola free???? 55555555.... What happened to killer-free????

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1

Wow wow wow..... And YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY

This is gonna be interesting now....

Great work to those on Koh Tao who e mailed in. Don't stop now though. Keep e mailing every newspaper around the world. I called u all gutless bastards and it looks like I am going to have to retract that statement. My apologies.

Please don't stop writing

Edited by Johnsen

This is so cheap and tacky. On the day before the funeral of one of the victims and in the context of very widespread doubt about the events/perpetrators, a bureaucrat announces to the media about plans to "lure" more tourists to KT.

Of course it makes sense for them to plan: many innocent victims in this case will end up losing their jobs in addition to the real tragedy. But public pronouncements of plans are really ill-timed and disrespectful. This kind of planning is best done quietly and to give at least the appearance that Thailand is not simply obsessed with revenue from tourism but has a genuine concern for the welfare of visitors

It's absolutely disrespectful ...close your eyes and put yourselves in Hannahs parents shoes today, agony for them....RIP young lady.

• Like 1

The only thing that can fix koh tao is time,

We will be taking advantage of the deals if they are decent

Koh Tao has been a favorite place of mine for more than a decade

Murder and Rape island Koh Tao will be very famous now

Murder and rape happens everywhere.

• Like 1