Koh Tao revival planned

webfact

I'd rather spend an all-inclusive fortnight in a Liberian pop-up Ebola clinic than visit Thailand right now.

Where you'd rather spend an all inclusive fortnight is not a Liberian Ebola clinic but rather a psychiatric institutionwhistling.gif Pffff

I do live in Thailand and yes I am getting tired by this stupid over Thai bashing, is there no murder in your respective countries?

Even thought the mods are doing their best, TV becomes kind of a stress reliever for some people frustrated by their relationship with LOS one way or another coffee1.gif

Yes there is murder in my country, no the police don't look round for the nearest poor person or foreigner cos the perp is to rich to touch. They never got Lord Lucan, but it's who the police said they wanted, and not some poor dupe.

Edited by Mosha

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then you havent been paying attention

this is an international fiasco

Please share a link where the Burmese government is demanding that. If you could please follow up with a link for the UK government demanding it.

In the scheme of things it is sad but fairly minor.

Please share a link where the Burmese government is demanding that. If you could please follow up with a link for the UK government demanding it.

post-214613-0-81554900-1413009481_thumb.

I don't believe for a moment that will happen,

There has to have been a warning from the Burmese lawyers

Even if there was - so what?

The Prison warden said they were worried about Suicide .

So if it happens , or they get killed by inmates - such matters occur.

if that happens,

Thailand may see riots

That is from an NGO

It doesn't call for their release.

if that happens,

Thailand may see riots

Serious question.. Have you ever been to Thailand?

if that happens,

Thailand may see riots

I hate to break it to you …..but Thailand is being run by the military -

People are too scared to eat subway sandwiches and read 1984.

Who is going to riot?

Really?

The reality is they will just loose significant tourists from western countries *(for a while)

Promote it heavily to the Chinese more.

And carry right on.

Is it bad and wrong ?

Sure it is.

But i have to remind you that gatherings of more than five people can get you taken to the monkey house.

Rioting shot

Edited by Fred Flinstone

if that happens,

Thailand may see riots

I was in LOS for 6 months of the last 12, yes

if that happens,

Thailand may see riots

I hate to break it to you …..but Thailand is being run by the military -

People are too scared to eat subway sandwiches and read 1984.

Who is going to riot?

Really?

The reality is they will just loose significant tourists from western countries *(for a while)

Promote it heavily to the Chinese more.

And carry right on.

Is it bad and wrong ?

Sure it is.

But i have to remind you that gatherings of more than five people can get you taken to the monkey house.

Rioting shot

I left LOS in late March, as, one night, my Thai g/f and I accidentally missed our exit and wound up driving right through the heart of Lumphini Park, and it was hard not to notice, how non violent and friendly the place was, but how it could have erupted at any moment,

I decided my white american face was better off home, in Nazi America, where the police use tasers on old women, throw stun grenades into the cribs of infants burning and disfiguring them, and where white cops can shoot unarmed black teenagers and returning Iraq war veterans, and be labeled justified killings

I don't hold out much hope for the world anymore, and just feel that the Thai people, as a whole, deserve better

• Like 1

if that happens,

Thailand may see riots

I was in LOS for 6 months of the last 12, yes

Amazing that you would think the fate of 2 migrant workers would do more than raise a few eyebrows in Thailand.

I'd rather spend an all-inclusive fortnight in a Liberian pop-up Ebola clinic than visit Thailand right now.

Where you'd rather spend an all inclusive fortnight is not a Liberian Ebola clinic but rather a psychiatric institutionwhistling.gif Pffff

I do live in Thailand and yes I am getting tired by this stupid over Thai bashing, is there no murder in your respective countries?

Even thought the mods are doing their best, TV becomes kind of a stress reliever for some people frustrated by their relationship with LOS one way or another coffee1.gif

Yes there is murder in my country, no the police don't look round for the nearest poor person or foreigner cos the perp is to rich to touch. They never got Lord Lucan, but it's who the police said they wanted, and not some poor dupe.

OK ?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miscarriage_of_justice_cases#

can pick your own country or read randomly

Keyboard justice warriors are getting old and still hampering the investigation. Your speculation and guesses are having a negative impact on the case. You only need to have seen the Police follow the rumours round the island, to understand the harm you are doing. THE MAJORITY OF YOU DON'T EVEN *@!%ING LIVE HERE or are not related to the victim. You are in no position to pass comment or assess the situation. Stop trying to get 5 minutes of fame and seem cool off something so tragic, please let them rest in peace, god knows they deserve it.

I have lived here for a few years and seen all the good this place has to offer. The people here are amazing, kind, helpful and understanding. I regularly leave expensive items unattended for a few minutes at a time, to no ill effect. Crime here is at an all time low, not just for Thailand but also for the UK where I come from. We the people who make it what it is pride ourselves on just how safe it is here. Like for like my local town makes Koh Tao look like heaven, gangs of youths, muggings of old ladies and drug addicts everywhere.

We are angered at the introduction of extra police and camera's. This we believe is going to create more crime and antisocial behaviour. When you give crime a front seat, the effects are potentially an endorsement.

Sure the island has it's own way of doing things, everywhere does. That does not mean it is the wrong way, otherwise we may as well start preaching ourself as American or Victorian British label them savages and destroy them. GROW UP. The media is purposely and wrongly converting 'village chiefs' to mafia heads, to buy extra readers. It is despicable to take someone of good standing and trash their name just because you heard rumours. You wonder why they closed ranks? You forced them into it. Like a lot of you say the as Thai did with the burmese, you have done the same with them.

Now lets clear up some myths you all have.

DNA - Hannah's body has already been in the UK for some time now. Upon arrival to the UK she will have undergone an immediate post-mortem examination to verify the Thai evidence. In the UK or forensic science is at such a level that tampering would become noticed straight away. They will then also take their own samples for comparison. They will know if they find more than 2 different types of DNA, which would be expected in a cover up.

Physical mismatch - David was a big lad and as the official version goes was locked in a fight to the death to defend himself and a vulnerable person. Anyone who has grown up in the UK is used to trouble at night. The 2 people who got the better of him were of no physical comparison. He could have merely held one in each hand to stop the attack.

Investigation - Our conclusion was that the police used the wrong methods to investigate this crime. The island has a huge sense of community, this was never levied by the Police. They came in like bull in a china shop charging about, 'owning' the island. This is what caused the ranks to close.

Interception of WeChat. The chinese wechat provider is set up to allow law enforcement direct access to the logs. Why haven't these been requested.. Any Thai person who has shown me anything to do with the case has mainly been using Wechat to discuss it. It can filter by keyword so direct viewing of messages isn't needed.

I wish people would think before they pass comment, and affect a serious investigation.

I call for ThaiVisa to moderate this better, whether they understand it or not they are clearly having a negative effect on the investigation by wasting police time with useless leads and rumours. RTP when you read this please understand the culture of the foreigner to pass comments on things they have no personal involvement with or do not understand.

Why is it OK for you to speculate, just because you are a temporary foreign resident there, and not OK for others to do the same? People are still speculating because the crime is still unsolved and the rapists and murderers are still at large.

You can continue to leave your very expensive items unattended for a few seconds at a time and that's wonderful but, if you leave your teenage daughter unattended, you might come back and find her raped and hacked to death.

Stop. Think. Breathe. Speak

Plus learn to read things in full, not just want you want to hear.

1) I am not a temporary resident.

2 ) They are facts not speculation

3) Crime here is exceptionally low

4 ) It is not ok for people to affect a murder investigation in a negative and time wasting way.

5 ) My daughter is safer here than in the UK

6) Hannah was not a teenager.

Think of it this way, with all the false stuff put on here that they wasted time following, they could have been looking for the real killers instead of being trolled. It may have even prevented them.

I have travelled the world and feel very fortunate to have done so. If there is one thing this has taught me is that whilst people want the same things, they all agree upon a different way of achieving it. This island is unlike the mainland, world's away from it. It has its own way of doing things, this too wasn't respected by the police during the investigation.

Please think before you speak people you are affecting something very important. If you don't agree with it, petition your local embassy or join the petition on change.org

If you're not Thai and you haven't got a Certificate of Residence and an Alien Book, you're a temporary resident and can't get a visa of more than one year.

Glad to hear your daughter is still safe.

I know Hannah was not a teenager but do you think the rapist/ murderers cared. They probably would have enjoyed themselves even more, if she were a teenager.

• Like 1

If people who planned to visit Thailand are watching more close the case of the way how the find of murder in Koh Tao was handled by the Thai autorothies will make much more concern then material law. We and tourists feel that this case was treated just the way it fits into the illustration how visitors should seeThailand while the incredibly amateurish nature of the investigation and! the apparent protectionism of all in charge and the untouchable mafia behavior of the persons controlling the island could be recognized around the world!

There is no smiling Thailand! Be aware where you go and what you do in this country. Its not a save country anymore!

Thais are now calling it Koh Phe which means Goat Island instead of Turtle Island.

Or do they mean Koh Pee which is ghost island.

Really I think they should just go all out and call Serial Gang Rape and Murder island; and change there municipal logo to a skull and cross bones.

• Like 1

i am sure Koh tao or Koh Phe will survive , after all they have some good youth coming through , studying Tourism and Hotel management , just the sort of thing the island is going to need after their little set back !

An just in passing i notice these two guys both have issues with their left hand , is there anyway they could be related ?

post-221615-0-20334300-1413016751_thumb.

post-221615-0-12018800-1413016755.png

Tourist spots always attract riff raff because there's a new tourist/face to tell the same old lies too. You couldn't get away with scams in a small town or community because you'd see your victim the next day and he or she would loudly proclaim to all and sundry what a low form ofanimal life you were. Plus the tourist can't sit around waiting for a court case in 6 months time.

• Like 2

Many years ago my brother and i were frolicking with Two girlfriends one enchanting moonlit evening in the water on Lami Beach down that way south.

Our condo was water front rental - Sea View Paradise .

We were a few meters from the shoreline and it was late.

Both couples in embraces - getting into kissing etc .

I recall the American in the next Condo telling a bunch of Thai kids to ""<deleted> Off"" who were in the shadows up from ours .

At the time i didn't think much of it -

But looking back God knows he might saved us a lot of trouble.

People need to remember the illusion it safe is just that.

Being alone at night with Thais lurking isn't always as save as people relaxed might think.

Edited by metisdead

The TOURISM Council of Thailand plans urgent measures to restore tourism on Koh Tao, which has been battered by the case surrounding the murder of two Britons

Well you could start by catching the REAL killers!!!

Sorry not allowed, might stand on some ones toes and that wouldn't do at all, and besides we all ready have two guilty people to be killed in lieu of the real culprit/s.

i am sure Koh tao or Koh Phe will survive , after all they have some good youth coming through , studying Tourism and Hotel management , just the sort of thing the island is going to need after their little set back !

An just in passing i notice these two guys both have issues with their left hand , is there anyway they could be related ?

Sorry, not allowed to be asked, referred to, or pointed out.

A lot of "Thailand is not a safe country any more" going on around here. Anybody who has been observing my posts over the past 2 weeks knows my feelings are that there should be an independent DNA test. This does mean that I do not believe a word of what is going on with this case.

HOWEVER....Thailand is safe. Tourist Thailand is a liability and I avoid it like the plague. Khao San, Pattaya, Phuket, KPN, Samui, Tao, etc are just off my radar. The small amount that they have left to give is ruined by the number of people who do not care about the visitors to their lands. This is not uncommon in tourist areas all over the world. I have experienced it in a wide range of countries and have just learned to avoid the places you hear on the lips of the backpacker masses or that are aimed squarely at tourism. Naturally there are some cases where you can't avoid it but we have always had the "arrive, view, leave" attitude to those places. A small amount of increased inconvenience compared to a whole world of bull***t being spouted in your general direction, continual encounters with people who have distaste for you written in the eyes and the obligatory gouging. Sadly there are coach-loads full of people waiting to take our places so this will continue.

Directing your anger at the whole of Thailand for this mess is just diluting too far. Boycott Koh Tao, that makes sense to me. One day the truth will out as will many others from here. When? Who knows. Nonetheless please remember that a lot of us live here in perfectly wonderful situations, just outside of the tourist areas.

Very true what you write, but having lived (legally married - not working) for almost 9 years on KP I must say the islands are incedibly beautiful and, with the exception of KT I would still recommend people visit. Yes, there are many evil types lurking here but you usually have to put yourself in their hands - young Thai woman know exactly which types to avoid (all of them) but tourists don't and some go thrill seeking with tragic results. If you stick to the legit side here you will have no problems.

The islands unfortunately attract shady types involved in all the vices - sex, drugs and robbery - even more unfortunate that it is the local police who enable them. There are just too many ill-gotten rewards for them to resist. If they weren't so greedy it wouldn't get this bad...

I found an old thread (site name irrelevant) where a poster describes his visit to KT in 1989, about the time 'the sons" would have been born - how times have changed...

post-41405-0-38325700-1413019154_thumb.j

A lot of "Thailand is not a safe country any more" going on around here. Anybody who has been observing my posts over the past 2 weeks knows my feelings are that there should be an independent DNA test. This does mean that I do not believe a word of what is going on with this case.

HOWEVER....Thailand is safe. Tourist Thailand is a liability and I avoid it like the plague. Khao San, Pattaya, Phuket, KPN, Samui, Tao, etc are just off my radar. The small amount that they have left to give is ruined by the number of people who do not care about the visitors to their lands. This is not uncommon in tourist areas all over the world. I have experienced it in a wide range of countries and have just learned to avoid the places you hear on the lips of the backpacker masses or that are aimed squarely at tourism. Naturally there are some cases where you can't avoid it but we have always had the "arrive, view, leave" attitude to those places. A small amount of increased inconvenience compared to a whole world of bull***t being spouted in your general direction, continual encounters with people who have distaste for you written in the eyes and the obligatory gouging. Sadly there are coach-loads full of people waiting to take our places so this will continue.

Directing your anger at the whole of Thailand for this mess is just diluting too far. Boycott Koh Tao, that makes sense to me. One day the truth will out as will many others from here. When? Who knows. Nonetheless please remember that a lot of us live here in perfectly wonderful situations, just outside of the tourist areas.

Very true what you write, but having lived (legally married - not working) for almost 9 years on KP I must say the islands are incedibly beautiful and, with the exception of KT I would still recommend people visit. Yes, there are many evil types lurking here but you usually have to put yourself in their hands - young Thai woman know exactly which types to avoid (all of them) but tourists don't and some go thrill seeking with tragic results. If you stick to the legit side here you will have no problems.

The islands unfortunately attract shady types involved in all the vices - sex, drugs and robbery - even more unfortunate that it is the local police who enable them. There are just too many ill-gotten rewards for them to resist. If they weren't so greedy it wouldn't get this bad...

I found an old thread (site name irrelevant) where a poster describes his visit to KT in 1989, about the time 'the sons" would have been born - how times have changed...

attachicon.gifKT 200907.JPG

The reality is that, with over 6 years living here and many years travelling to a myriad of countries all over the world, we are probably better equipped to deal with the rubbish that comes our way that 19,20,21 year olds are. The issue is that this is who these islands are attracting. The bigger issue is that they do nothing to make the environment safe. Same is true of the Khao San. 4.5 years of our time here was lived a few km (and a world) away from the KS. The place is where most the crime on foreigners happens simply because the people there know that these foreigners are clueless. Not stupid but just WELL out of their depth. The amount of people I have met that step off the airplane and make it their first stop astounds me and each one has been ripped off without knowing. How can the locals have ANY respect for them?

• Like 1

attachicon.gifKT 200907.JPG

Same was still true in parts of KPG until just a few years ago........

• Like 1

Tourism will be improved WHEN they catch the real killers and stop this BS fake rubbish and get rid of island Mafia.

Boycot the islands!

And if they do have the real killers, which I expect they do?

Tourism will be improved WHEN they catch the real killers and stop this BS fake rubbish and get rid of island Mafia.

Boycot the islands!

Then i will fight until the internet is shut down

that this country deserve boycot because of their corrupt and inhuman

behaviour.

Unbelievable that Nomsod still can partying and celebrate under the protection of the yellow mafia

and corrupt police

post-186193-0-43117600-1413030249_thumb.

Edited by MikePhuket1970

Boycot the islands!

Then i will fight until the internet is shut down

that this country deserve boycot because of their corrupt and inhuman

behaviour.

Unbelievable that Nomsod still can partying and celebrate under the protection of the yellow mafia

and corrupt police

attachicon.gifThai police.jpg

Got it...

If they do indeed have the real killers you will fight.. Amazing!!