Thai Immigration Still Requiring Payment at Pu Nam Ron Near Kanchanaburi?

Edit: The following is a reply to a post that was edited to remove a suggestion about getting the e-visa.

The last time I read anything about the e-visa it was only for flights into Yangon.

Confirmed here: http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/NoticetoTourists.aspx

" 7. Currently passengers with eVisa are only permitted to enter via Yangon International Airport. We will announce other port of entry in due course."

It is no longer possible to do a border crossing there unless you get a visa for Myanmar from the embassy in Bangkok.

Myanmar immigration stopped doing border passes there several months ago.

I wonder if Thai immigration still requires payment for an exit stamp.

It is no longer possible to do a border crossing there unless you get a visa for Myanmar from the embassy in Bangkok.

Thai immigration never charged anything. The fee was all for the Myanmar entry.

• Like 1

Is it still OK to go there for just a visa stamp?

In order to get a stamp you have to be stamped into and out of Myanmar. The only way to do that now is if you have a visa for Myanmar.

In order to get a stamp you have to be stamped into and out of Myanmar. The only way to do that now is if you have a visa for Myanmar.

OK, thank you, that means to go back for visaruns to Kambodia, and a 16 hour trip insted of 3....that sad.

I said Thai Immigration required payment. They would not provide an exit stamp - required for Myanmar entry - until payment was made.

Do they still require that a 900 baht payment be made?

Edited by Obb

I said Thai Immigration required payment. They would not provide an exit stamp - required for Myanmar entry - until payment was made.

Do they still require that a 900 baht payment be made?

How could there be a charge for the entry into Myanmar if you already have a visa for Myanmar.

Thai immigration would not stamp you out unless you paid the entry fee because if you didn't you would of been stuck in no mans land.

OK, thank you, that means to go back for visaruns to Kambodia, and a 16 hour trip insted of 3....that sad.

You can find an agent in Bangkok to get you the Myanmar visa by post or courier.

Since this crossing is the nearest to Hua Hin it might be possible that there is a travel agent there that could get the Myanmar visas.

Paying to get the visa would be a lot better than going to Ranong, Mae Sot or Cambodia to get an entry done.

Yes ubonjoe that is/was very true at that time. thumbsup.gif

Win

Uhhh, no. Thai Immigration required that 900 baht be paid before they would provide an exit stamp.

Nobody on this board - not me, not you, not ubonjoe - knows where those 900 baht payments went. (And just try to get a receipt from any of them ...)

How could there be a charge for the entry into Myanmar if you already have a visa for Myanmar.

Yes, that anyone would charge a non-official fee in this part of the world is unimaginable.

Let's find out from somebody who actually knows because they have recently gone across the border at this crossing.

Edited by Obb

At least 500 baht of the fee went for the Myanmar border pass or what ever the correct name for it is. The other part went to agents and those providing transport across no mans land.

It started out at 700 baht total and later went to 900 shortly before they stopped doing the border passes.

Yes ubonjoe that is/was very true at that time. thumbsup.gif

Win

Uhhh, no. Thai Immigration required that 900 baht be paid before they would provide an exit stamp.

Nobody on this board - not me, not you, not ubonjoe - knows where those 900 baht payments went. (And just try to get a receipt from any of them ...)

The 900 bht was split between Burmese Immigration and the guys running the minibus shuttle between the checkpoints according to the Burmese agent at the border last time I went.

• Like 1

A abusive post telling people to shut up has been removed.

I see no reason to continue this discussion about the 900 baht fee since it is no longer possible to cross at this crossing without getting a visa in advance.

Last time I was there, Thai Immigration would not provide an exit stamp until a payment of 900 baht was made.

Is this still the case?

Personally made four visa hops at Nam Ron and taken a couple of friends out there to do the same on three occassions and have not paid Thai Immigration a single satang. The money was paid to the Myanmar agent in the hut next to the Thai exit who ran the minibus service and gave Myanmar Immigration their fee when we got the Myanmar stamps.

You can only cross there now if you have a Myanmar visa that has been obtained in Bangkok. Thai Immigration will check your passport for the visa and won't let you cross without it. If you have one they will let you across without asking for any money.

• Like 1

So you entered Myanmar at this crossing on a visa recently and did not make any payment?

Last time I was there, Thai Immigration would not provide an exit stamp until a payment of 900 baht was made.

Is this still the case?

Personally made four visa hops at Nam Ron and taken a couple of friends out there to do the same on three occassions and have not paid Thai Immigration a single satang. The money was paid to the Myanmar agent in the hut next to the Thai exit who ran the minibus service and gave Myanmar Immigration their fee when we got the Myanmar stamps.
You can only cross there now if you have a Myanmar visa that has been obtained in Bangkok. Thai Immigration will check your passport for the visa and won't let you cross without it. If you have one they will let you across without asking for any money.
Edited by Obb

The reason to continue to discuss this is because nobody who has actually recently entered Myanmar at this crossing on a visa has spoken up.

The rest is just hearsay, speculation, gossip.

PS The "abusive" post was mine. I did not "tell people to shut up". I think you removed it because you did not like having me disagree with you.

I see no reason to continue this discussion about the 900 baht fee since it is no longer possible to cross at this crossing without getting a visa in advance.

Edited by Obb

The reason to continue to discuss this is because nobody who has actually recently entered Myanmar at this crossing on a visa has spoken up.

The rest is just hearsay.

It has been explained to you what the 900 baht was for. But you have kept insisting it was for Thai immigration which it was not for.

Now there is a post saying the same thing myself and others have about the 900 baht and that there is no charge if you you have a visa.

So you entered Myanmar at this crossing on a visa recently and did not make any payment?

Is this still the case?

I went there 10 days ago as I have a 90 day border hop coming up and wanted to know if the situation had changed for border hops. It hasn't, you still can't cross without a visa.

They told me that if I had a Myanmar visa then I could have crossed with no further payment.

Edited by edwinchester

Wrong again, ubonjoe. I have not said it was for Thai Immigration.

I, nor you, nor anyone else here, knows where those 900 baht payments went. There were no receipts.

It has been explained to you what the 900 baht was for. But you have kept insisting it was for Thai immigration which it was not for.

Now there is a post saying the same thing myself and others have about the 900 baht and that there is no charge if you you have a visa.

Wrong again, ubonjoe. I have not said it was for Thai Immigration.

I, nor you, nor anyone else here, knows where those 900 baht payments went. There were no receipts.

Thread Title is "Thai Immigration Still Requiring Payment...."

Post 12

"I said Thai Immigration required payment"

Is this still the case?

Please could you confirm is photo apetley and edwinchester of the hut

post-3770-0-11290400-1413103766_thumb.jp

April 2014, when I took my mate there. The mini bus is also in the photo that took my mate over.

Win

• Like 1