Life without alcohol, has all the fun gone?

giddyup

I must admit i do feel quite sorry ( but not that sorry...) for those of our viewers that are able to sit in a bar and " booze it up " all day! With all this " lovely weather and fabulous outdoor lifestyle" that attracts so many people and all the great things to see an do why would anybody want to sit in a bar every day? The whole idea when moving to a new Country is to start a new life with new cultures and new cuisine. Sitting in a bar you can do anywhere in the world! I don't drink ( but it should be noted that i was rather partial to a " Babycham " in the early 70's ..) Didn't you just love it when " the bubbles went up your nose viewers..? "

Thailand is not exactly cheap for alcohol either! But " whatever floats your boat " hey viewers.........

Farang jaidee wub.png

• Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit i do feel quite sorry ( but not that sorry...) for those of our viewers that are able to sit in a bar and " booze it up " all day! With all this " lovely weather and fabulous outdoor lifestyle" that attracts so many people and all the great things to see an do why would anybody want to sit in a bar every day? The whole idea when moving to a new Country is to start a new life with new cultures and new cuisine. Sitting in a bar you can do anywhere in the world! I don't drink ( but it should be noted that i was rather partial to a " Babycham " in the early 70's ..) Didn't you just love it when " the bubbles went up your nose viewers..? "

Thailand is not exactly cheap for alcohol either! But " whatever floats your boat " hey viewers.........

Farang jaidee wub.png

I agree with most of what you say, excepting your comment that "Thailand is not exactly cheap for alcohol either". I don't know too many places in the world where you can have a small bottle of beer in a bar for 45 baht (around US $1.40), same thing in a bar in Australia would cost at least $6-7. A bottle of Scotch whisky from a 7/11 is less than 500 baht, it would be more than double that in Oz. So I'm not sure where you are comparing to Thailand for booze.

I got lucky. When I was about 17 a friend's parents were out of town and he invited a bunch of us for a party. He and other guys had a bunch of hard liquor which I'd never tried.

Not knowing how much to drink I drank way too much and spent the night out on his lawn in the rain, vomiting sick.

I've never liked alcohol since. I finally got to where I can drink one glass of wine or one beer maybe twice a year and that's it. I just don't like it.

Sounds like me except I was 13 when I got ill and I do like a cold beer every now and again when it is hot as an adult. I often drank a beer with my meals when I lived in Vietnam, because it is so cheap there and lots of variety. I don't think that I ever had more than two beers at a go the whole time that I was there though.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Farang jaidee wub.png

I agree with most of what you say, excepting your comment that "Thailand is not exactly cheap for alcohol either". I don't know too many places in the world where you can have a small bottle of beer in a bar for 45 baht (around US $1.40), same thing in a bar in Australia would cost at least $6-7. A bottle of Scotch whisky from a 7/11 is less than 500 baht, it would be more than double that in Oz. So I'm not sure where you are comparing to Thailand for booze.

Yeah I agree with canarysun about not wanting to sit in a bar all day, but I can not remember a bar where you can get a small beer for 45 baht?? Which bar do you drink in?

Farang jaidee wub.png

Yeah I agree with canarysun about not wanting to sit in a bar all day, but I can not remember a bar where you can get a small beer for 45 baht?? Which bar do you drink in?

Most of the bars in the Nern Plubwan area, that's "dark side" of Pattaya sell Leo, Chang etc for 45 baht. I never have to pay more than 50 baht.