Suspects in Koh Tao backpacker murders retract confessions, says official

webfact

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, case solved, dozens of anonymous emails from Koh Tao point to Warot Tuwichian + a buddy as the killers; Warot Tuwichian is the son of Montriwat Tuwichian, who is the owner of the AC bar, who refused a DNA test & is also the brother of Voraphan Toovichien, a local mafia politician & ra ra ra ra .. the Mayor of Koh Tao!

Only new DNA tests will either clear them of all these accusations or will show the truth IMHO, they better be quick since I fear we will read very soon the Burmese boys hanged themselves in their cell. If you were accused, what would you do to clear your name? Refuse DNA testing or volunteer DNA testing?

And coincidentally, he is shown in photographs on the crime scene assisting the police handle the evidence "correctly". The same fellow that is also seen peering over the counter at Sean on his FB post about fearing for his life... "Oh, that's mine, I'll take that. That's odd. Not sure how that got here... AND Oh, look what I found over here..."

• Like 2

I am sorry for the families

BUT

WHAT IS WITH THE HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE??????

How many tourists are killed in the UK? Are all the cases solved?

How many tourists in NYC or LA are killed and the murders not solved.

This whole put pressure on the Thais is crap.

I think the main reason that this is getting so much hype is that the News wants to try to stay away from local issues and give the people sensationalism.

There are Thousands if not millions of murders committed around the world that never get solved.

Why do the Thai's have to do something that Scotland Yard or the FBI with al their resources have trouble doing?

Where does the buck stop, bud? When do we take a stand?...People in each and every country have to take a stand..people are finally doing so in Thailand. Corruption here is very blatant, with police, mafia and foreigners all interconnected..and we're all simply tired of it.

Its nice to be see that all the apologists have crawled back Into there holes. They must be licking there wounds right now, well all I can say is that we did tell you we could smell a rat right from the beginning of this comedy of errors Som Nam Na!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OK, case solved, dozens of anonymous emails from Koh Tao point to Warot Tuwichian + a buddy as the killers; Warot Tuwichian is the son of Montriwat Tuwichian, who is the owner of the AC bar, who refused a DNA test & is also the brother of Voraphan Toovichien, a local mafia politician & ra ra ra ra .. the Mayor of Koh Tao!

Only new DNA tests will either clear them of all these accusations or will show the truth IMHO, they better be quick since I fear we will read very soon the Burmese boys hanged themselves in their cell. If you were accused, what would you do to clear your name? Refuse DNA testing or volunteer DNA testing?

And coincidentally, he is shown in photographs on the crime scene assisting the police handle the evidence "correctly". The same fellow that is also seen peering over the counter at Sean on his FB post about fearing for his life... "Oh, that's mine, I'll take that. That's odd. Not sure how that got here... AND Oh, look what I found over here..."

And coincidently offered 1 million THB cash reward to the police if they have substantial evidence to implicate him and his family in the murder.

• Like 1

So these guys have gone from having a quiet drink, singing songs on the beach, peacefully away from the "scene", to turning feral and totally destroying two people's lives in such a brutal manner? They don't even look big / fit enough to do what they are accused of.

sure, and then stay on the island when the whole police force is trying to find them, waiting 10 days for them to come to collect their DNA. They were also thinking that the best profit they could have from the mobile phone they had stolen was to trow it in the bushes behind THEIR OWN room.

I think they should not send them to prison, but to a mental institution for people that suddenly have a IQ drop yp less than 50 !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And coincidently offered 1 million THB cash reward to the police if they have substantial evidence to implicate him and his family in the murder.

And coincidently said on the night of the murder, one of his employee identified as Khun Jok saw so much blood on the face and body of Mr Sean, so he helped to wash it out for him. Coincidently the same blood that Sean did NOT wash off his guitar? Sean is lying about the cut, that is clear! As mentioned earlier he was there! He got in the way and he got a cut! They have somebody who washed off his blood! Is everybody blind here? Remember what he said? "I know you tried to save her"

Edited by Krenjai
  • Like 2

Not to speak ill of Thai authorities, but if they don't come clean and it is proven that these confessions were coerced and that there was a coverup saving face will be the least of their problems. I had high hopes that under the military junta that finally things would be less subject to corruption, but apparently it takes a lot longer to root out this level of corruption.

Seems a bit odd that the 2 accused withdraw their confessions and then police say they think they might commit suicide - even though police said about suicide first ( maybe they already knew confessions had been withdrawn ) Get them in isolation ASAP and on cctv 24/7

I can see what's gonna happen - they will die in jail and case closed - then back to normal but I sincerely hope not

correction

not the police said that, the prisoner chief said that .. feeling like he warning for what he think some (police)connection can do

he try to protect the burma guys by monitoring them 24 h, let other prisoners watch closely, and check food for "suicide" poison

• Like 1

With some notable exceptions, Thai police are generally poorly educated and not very bright but their careers start with paying bribes to pass the police entrance exams.

Youve got to have a degree to get into the police i am led to believe so they are educated to some degree.

As someone who left school at 15 i find your comment about education patronising as if plagiarising Karl Marx from some degree mill somehow makes one intelligent and decent.

Your naivety is quite astounding. To join the RTP a degree is needed, but the only recruits who are employed are those who show real initiative by producing a 'fake' degree bought in Bangkok on that well known Soi!

Yes i suppose most of the recruits have nipped down to KSR and have obtained a fake degree.

Despite the fact Thailand has a large proportion of young people in higher education the majority will obviously be using fake degrees, yes you are correct my naivety is astounding.

You know absolutely nothing about the recruitment process or what goes on to get these jobs in the police so shut your mouth and stop trying to be the Thai expert that you claim to be.

The job buying happens in all sorts of walks of life in Thailand.

My brother in law is going for a job in a factory up North Thailand and guess what, its going to cost him to get the job.

I know in the UK that sometimes you may get a job because of who you know working there etc but this paying to get a job is totally alien to me.

Edited by louialive

Looks like CSI LA blocked in Thailand now.

Welcome to North Korea everyone ! To all out international posters please take screen shots and post

Info on Thai visa OFTEN.

Prachaya Jung Ill feels that he may control information received and given.

We the people in Thailand are unable to think for ourselves so our government will now control that too.

I hope that the White House is seeing what is happening here right now, tonight.

• Like 1

Im happy that they have. I just prey there not killed in jail....over 100 BIB gonna have a whole lot of egg on their faces.. no wonder there is an unusually high suicide rate from the bib

lately.... how can u all look ur children in the face everynight?

Edited by abitmiffed

yeah. highly unlikely. Still, very simple fix: open a new facebook account. Post up there.

Highly unlikely ? What is highly unlikely is that one family can have the power it does-from the islands to the entire country, from the police to the government.

Blocking an information feeder and allowing free criticism and access to information /highly unlikely?

Come off it !

Youve got to have a degree to get into the police i am led to believe so they are educated to some degree.

As someone who left school at 15 i find your comment about education patronising as if plagiarising Karl Marx from some degree mill somehow makes one intelligent and decent.

They have to pass an entrance exam, not have a degree.

Plagiarism and the presenting of degrees purchased from degree mills are both fraudulent activities and obviously irrelevant when discussing actual education.

You might also care to note the 'and' between 'poorly educated' and 'not very bright', these are entirely separate concepts, but both would apply to you.

Funny how ive a job that means im in the best 1% paid in the UK, you on the other hand have to go to Thailand to find a Issan bride.

Nothing funny about your failure to understand the clear and obvious differences between money, intelligence and education. Maybe you earn more than 150 grand but you fail to be able to produce at even a primary school level of grammar. Personally I would prefer to be able to write as well as a 10 year old than to be well off, that's just my sense of pride. And I didn't go to Thailand to find an Isaan bride, what gave you that idea? Funny how you are a slave to the occasional holiday while I got to leave the rat race in my 30's and now live the life in Thailand 365 days per year, I can only thank my intelligence and education for that.

I got a GCSE in English you presumptuous little man, and I never knew this website was an English lesson. Though apart from a couple of missing apostrophes the sentence is acceptable. You pedantic little fool.

I dont even go on holiday to Thailand let alone want to live there.

But back to the original post ... you know bugger all about the selection procedure for getting into the police, you're just a jumped up little know it all who really knows very little.

Get back to teaching English.

Edited by ffaarraanngg

Plagiarism and the presenting of degrees purchased from degree mills are both fraudulent activities and obviously irrelevant when discussing actual education.

You might also care to note the 'and' between 'poorly educated' and 'not very bright', these are entirely separate concepts, but both would apply to you.

Funny how ive a job that means im in the best 1% paid in the UK, you on the other hand have to go to Thailand to find a Issan bride.

Nothing funny about your failure to understand the clear and obvious differences between money, intelligence and education. Maybe you earn more than 150 grand but you fail to be able to produce at even a primary school level of grammar. Personally I would prefer to be able to write as well as a 10 year old than to be well off, that's just my sense of pride. And I didn't go to Thailand to find an Isaan bride, what gave you that idea? Funny how you are a slave to the occasional holiday while I got to leave the rat race in my 30's and now live the life in Thailand 365 days per year, I can only thank my intelligence and education for that.

I got a GCSE in English you presumptuous little man, and I never knew this website was an English lesson. Though apart from a couple of missing apostrophes the sentence is acceptable. You pedantic little fool.

But back to the original post ... you know bugger all about the selection procedure for getting into the police, you're just a jumped up little know it all who really knows very little.

Yawn.

PM please.

Looks like CSI LA blocked in Thailand now.

If you find that facebook or certain accounts DO become blocked, just logon via a proxy server (google should be able to help you with this). It's how people continue to use it in China and other countries where access is blocked.

Im happy that they have. I just prey there not killed in jail....over 100 BIB gonna have a whole lot of egg on their faces.. no wonder there is an unusually high suicide rate from the bib

lately.... how can i all look ur children in the face everynight?

I for one cannot stomach the sight of them now in their tightly browns.

Physically ill at the sight.

• Like 2

Your naivety is quite astounding. To join the RTP a degree is needed, but the only recruits who are employed are those who show real initiative by producing a 'fake' degree bought in Bangkok on that well known Soi!

Yes i suppose most of the recruits have nipped down to KSR and have obtained a fake degree.

Despite the fact Thailand has a large proportion of young people in higher education the majority will obviously be using fake degrees, yes you are correct my naivety is astounding.

You know absolutely nothing about the recruitment process or what goes on to get these jobs in the police so shut your mouth and stop trying to be the Thai expert that you claim to be.

The job buying happens in all sorts of walks of life in Thailand.

My brother in law is going for a job in a factory up North Thailand and guess what, its going to cost him to get the job.

I know in the UK that sometimes you may get a job because of who you know working there etc but this paying to get a job is totally alien to me.

I have no doubt it does, but i can guarantee this English teacher Kieran knows absolutely bugger all about the ins and outs of what goes on.

Just another Thai expert who thinks he knows it all.

lately.... how can i all look ur children in the face everynight?

I for one cannot stomach the sight of them now in their tightly browns.

Physically ill at the sight.

I'm afraid in my eyes because they have all been backing each other up they are now tainted all the way to the top. I wouldn't trust a word any single one of them ever said again.

"Perfect investigation". Are they taking the proverbial?

Edited by bunglebag

What are you doing on this site then???

What are you doing on this site then???

Yawn.

Can you both private message please. Sorry PM wasn't clear.

Next up: a statement from TAT saying everything is fine.

You got it, from the Samui times today..

"On the day of Hannah Witheridge’s funeral the Tourism Council of Thailand announced they are planning urgent measures to restore tourism to the island that has been badly damaged by her and David Millers death on September 15th.

According to the new president of the Tourism Council of Thailand, Lttirit Kinglake, the association will be asking the government and local administrative bodies to launch an intensive recovery campaign to rebuild tourism, the council wants to move quickly to rebuild the islands security image now that two suspects are in custody."

http://www.samuitimes.com/revival-planned-koh-tao-wake-tourist-murders/