Prayut says Thais should prefer rice over bread

Lite Beer

Funny to watch those on these forums who are now realising that they backed the wrong horse furiously trying to defend yet another completely wacky statement from dear leader

Had to re-post. Post of the month!

...as the rest of us take pleasure in watching him repeatedly shoot himself in the foot & distance himself further & further from the common man.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was responsible, what he should SUGGEST is eat brown rice, not that white refined crap which has very little nutritional benefits. And eating bread is also ok as long as it is not white refined crap. But a dictator will TELL you what to do regardless of the health implications.

• Like 1

If you've run out of things to say in your weekly chat shows, generalissimo sir, either hire a script writer or make it monthly or quarterly. Don't spout nonsense please.

When does he ever stop?

His suggestion last month that the Thai soap opera's would benefit from being written by the junta was a pearler IMHO. Now suggesting some vague monarchic endorsement of traditional dietary needs. I guess that Starbucks, McDonald's, Pizza House and others; all notably non-Thai, have been subverting Thai tradition and culture for years.

Thai people have accepted fatherly oversight and admonishment from Chitralada for years but now there's a vacuum in that regard. This army opportunist is just a poor, very poor surrogate.

• Like 1

Next he will demand all food have at least ten chili's in each dish to help the chili farmer. And all drinks have ice from the river to prevent flooding. And all motorcycle riders have three passengers to go back to the old days of Siam. Foolish Amazing Thailand.

• Like 2

I think it's nice that prayut wants the people to go back to some of their old values. must people critisize everything.

good idea

here are some more

eat with your hands

thai tradition dress

abolish sawadee

get rid of motor vehicles

ban the mobile phone and all computers

• Like 1

I think it's nice that prayut wants the people to go back to some of their old values. must people critisize everything.

Why is it any of his business what people choose to eat?

It is his buisness as he is into promoting happyness in the Thai people. It is hard to be happy when your health and the health of your loved ones is declining rapidly.

The health care costs of looking after a sick population can be horrendous.

The Wheat that is grown today is just a shadow of the wheat that was grown 50 years ago nutrisionally anyway. The yield per acre has gone way up

at the cost of food value. Rice is grown in huge quantity in Thailand so money does not have to leave the country to buy it.

I don't know how much wheat is grown locally here. Anyone have that info???

First don't let them vote. Now try to stop them choose? I am sure Kim Jong-un isn't gone missing he is just training the Thai PM. But well I wouldn't even call him PM more dictator as he isn't voted... But that's another story. Not sure if he is really that kind of stupid or just have a very very bad PR agency.

• Like 1

This great General can do anything? He is now a nutritionist?

What about the copious amounts of sugar that is being consumed by the younger Thais?

The sugar probably has a lower glycemic rating than Thai (Jasmine) rice.

It is his buisness as he is into promoting happyness in the Thai people. It is hard to be happy when your health and the health of your loved ones is declining rapidly.

Eating loads of Thai rice isn't going to do a lot for your health. It might be useful for guys riding the Tour de France, not so much for a population that won't walk anywhere further than 100m.

Edited by rajyindee

The posters who initially came out so strongly in favour of the great leader are oddly silent.

Untill evidence of utilization of his position of power to enrichen his self & family comes out (I doubt it will happen).

I will grade Prayuth Highly on getting things done that should be done. I believe his theory of personal enrichment

IS

"A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats"

and that we must be the change we want to see.

The Wheat that is grown today is just a shadow of the wheat that was grown 50 years ago nutrisionally anyway. The yield per acre has gone way up

at the cost of food value. Rice is grown in huge quantity in Thailand so money does not have to leave the country to buy it.

Take a look at some of the other posts on this thread: Thai white rice is not nutritious at all, nor is the copious amounts of sugar they use even in their savoury dishes.

C'mon posters, the guy is not wrong.

He doesn't care so much about Thailand's eating habits but he cares about Thailand's economy.

If people start eating bread, wheat has to be imported from other countries.

On the other hand rice is home produced and every plate we eat a farmer gets the benefit of it, and the whole Thai economy gets the benefit of it.

He is not stupid at all........he knows very well what he is going on about.

Only very special idiots wouldn't realize this.. coffee1.gif

Take a look at some of the other posts on this thread: Thai white rice is not nutritious at all, nor is the copious amounts of sugar they use even in their savoury dishes.

and Pong Chu Rot!

In our village, I am looked at as a wierdo or insisting no MSG in my som tam, a dish of lovely delicious fresh veg and few things more. Very healthy until it is laced with that carciogen and brain poison!

The official position on lovely ladies wearing bikinis and Thais eating rice...is reaching beyond the official duties of an elected/placed official's responsibilities...is best spoken in jest at dinner parties...and not suitable for general public consumption...

First don't let them vote. Now try to stop them choose? I am sure Kim Jong-un isn't gone missing he is just training the Thai PM. But well I wouldn't even call him PM more dictator as he isn't voted... But that's another story. Not sure if he is really that kind of stupid or just have a very very bad PR agency.

He has been more effective in getting Whats gotta be done to move Thailand forward

Like Ending endemic Corruption, paying the farmers, handling various "Mafias"

than the last how many elected People in his current position????

The entrenchment right from the top to the bottom of much of Thai society of these problems

will likely take years to clean out properly.

Not voted in???????????... ... ... My informal poll of all I have spoken with leads me to believe if an election was held today he would be voted in in a landslide. Votes against just Mafia profiteers, drug dealers... ... ...

A dictator????????????... ... ... If so a dictator that listens to the best advice of of people knowledgeable in specific areas that need attention and moves rapidly to correct wrongs that need correction.... ... ...

Any comparison to "The only Fat Kid In North Korea" is totally imaginary and not valid.

If he is worried about saving their culture, he should urge them to do away with smart phones (all phones) and ride elephants and buffaloes around.

Oh, oh... and go waaaay back to their true culture and make all the women topless again. THAT is part of their true culture. Yes, naked boobs are part of Thai culture. And that is something I would stand behind and fully support.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had seen my mother in law...

Les Dawson lives! biggrin.png

• Like 2

If he is worried about saving their culture, he should urge them to do away with smart phones (all phones) and ride elephants and buffaloes around.

Oh, oh... and go waaaay back to their true culture and make all the women topless again. THAT is part of their true culture. Yes, naked boobs are part of Thai culture. And that is something I would stand behind and fully support.

Yet when ever a farang girl goes topless there is whole craze of "not polite, not our culture..give respect" like the 3 Thai girls songkran few years back dancing topless

(ok wrong because they were so young) at songkran 2011. The rang of thai media and..culture minister was nothing about the ages of the girls (13,14 and 16) but about being topless. Holy Sh*t the songkrang godess is depicted as erm..topless and nudity appears a lot in Thai art and sculptures!

I few years back I met a lovely old lady, must have been about 70! spent 35 years working as a chef in Canada saved up with her husband bought a small guest house with bar and restaurant below which she ran. her comments about Thai culture were very interesting, coming for a Thai lady. "there is a new Thai culture, not the culture when I was here when I was young. If you wanted something you worked hard for it. Now, everyone wants something for nothing! with their hands out looking for the rich man (did nt say farang or western, just rich) and dont want to work, the want something for nothing" she went on to explian that she did nt like the new Thai culture!

My GF told me the other day she ate soft brown bread from 7-11 spread liberally with peanut butter for breakfast. Loved it. And what's more she didn't eat any rice that day! OMG.

I'm gonna alert her to the generalissimo's statement, how to be an upstanding Thai and prepare herself for a world without bread and peanut butter!

Sticky rice smeared with peanut butter? Hey, it's got possibilities!

C'mon posters, the guy is not wrong.

He doesn't care so much about Thailand's eating habits but he cares about Thailand's economy.

If people start eating bread, wheat has to be imported from other countries.

On the other hand rice is home produced and every plate we eat a farmer gets the benefit of it, and the whole Thai economy gets the benefit of it.

He is not stupid at all........he knows very well what he is going on about.

Thai white bread is made from tapioca flour so no need for wheat imports.

It's the locally made, slightly sweet, white bread that tastes like sh!te the Thai's adore that the gaffer is waffling about this week.

He has been more effective in getting Whats gotta be done to move Thailand forward

The entrenchment right from the top to the bottom of much of Thai society of these problems

Not voted in???????????... ... ... My informal poll of all I have spoken with leads me to believe if an election was held today he would be voted in in a landslide. Votes against just Mafia profiteers, drug dealers... ... ...

A dictator????????????... ... ... If so a dictator that listens to the best advice of of people knowledgeable in specific areas that need attention and moves rapidly to correct wrongs that need correction.... ... ...

Any comparison to "The only Fat Kid In North Korea" is totally imaginary and not valid.

See post 51.

Your comments are just wishful thinking. There is no substance in what you say. Where is the evidence?