Return flight from Edinburgh £290, what's the catch?

girluk77

As the title says, looking for flights for next summer for me and my 2 kids, one under 2. Found a return flight from Edinburgh to Bangkok with Etihad airlines, ed-abu dab-bombay-bgk and return bgk-abu dab-edi. Why is this price so low, don't know much about Etihad airlines, are they likely to fall out of the sky?

I think the low price is purely due to there being two stops on the way out, so a loooong total journey time.

No problem with Etihad, is there a plane change at Mumbai (Bombay)? BOM-BKK is operated by whom?

Mumbai was a hole, apparently the new terminal is pretty OK.

The price does include tax, £800 odd for the 3 of us. The Bombay - bgk route is operated by jet airlines. Thought for this price I might buy a seat for the baby but then the price jumps up to £450

Then BOM-BKK would be on a modern Jet Airways Boeing-737-800/900, a bit cramped & crowded, rather than a wide-bodied aircraft, for what its worth. But the new terminal in BOM is fine !

Etihad have just started to combine/code-share flights with Jet, who they now have a 25%-shareholding in, they also often code-share with Air Berlin for the same reason.

But the return is direct BKK-AUH, not via BOM ?

In general I'd say that Etihad is OK, although towards the cheaper end of the market, and that's an absolutely amazing price, so go for it !

Yes the return flight is just bgk- auh. Still not decided though as although it's super cheap I'm just not sure about having the baby on my lap. Oh to be young, free and single again!

Sent from my C5303 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes the return flight is just bgk- auh. Still not decided though as although it's super cheap I'm just not sure about having the baby on my lap. Oh to be young, free and single again!

Who are you booking it through?

There's always the hope of booking a baby-cot (on wide-bodied aircraft), but we still remember the days, when we had one on-the-lap !

And walking up & down the aisle, jogging the rug-rat, and singing a nonsense-lullaby.

Fortunately they grow-up, and become self-loading, eventually. Unfortunately they then cost more ! smile.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

I think the low price is purely due to there being two stops on the way out, so a loooong total journey time.

No problem with Etihad, is there a plane change at Mumbai (Bombay)? BOM-BKK is operated by whom?

Mumbai was a hole, apparently the new terminal is pretty OK.

Just transitted through Mumbai and the new terminal is very good. Security checks aren't taking nearly so long but some of the army staff carrying them out could improve their attitude.

• Like 2

Thanks for the confirmation of the new terminal.

It's a few years since I was last there but it looks like a 3 year project is getting started and I've upset someone enough that my name's on the 'list' sad.png

Kingfisher was always my Indian airline of choice (Bollywood Babes in short red skirts) as opposed to Indian Airlines (your mum in a saree).