HK leader says democracy movement has 'almost zero chance'

Lite Beer

If China fails in terms of its financial markets, the fallout will not be for some or only at the uncomfortable level only ...those that hope only for that is progressively out of touch with the reality of global trade and its inter dependency ...the fallout of the 2nd biggest economy cannot happen.

Time to face facts and reality. Chuck hope out the window because hope means nothing either way.

Yes, when the CCP's economy collapses the world will know about it. In many places it however will be little more than a rumor or a tsk tsk report in the news.

China sells a lot and also buys some but not much. It's products are low quality at high quantity, its purchases are minimal as there is but a small domestic consumer economy. The mass of the Chinese have little disposable income and the CCP's economy as a whole is eminently disposable.

The Chinese economy has no global capital impact. It's money is monopoly game money. China has minimum involvement or impact in or on global financial markets, money markets, global infrastructure construction or development. Capital has been flowing out of China for several years and at increasing rates.

No one save a few national or regional economies is going to miss it.

Screw hope either way. The market has made its hard and factual determination, assessments, evaluations and it has been preparing for more than a year to deal effectively with the inevitable crash of the CCP's inherently flawed economy.

Face it, the CCP's political economy and systems of finance are fundamentally wrong. They are built on quicksand. Which means sooner or later the market and its realities bring it all to book. Sooner or later has become presently, meaning the markets across the board are preparing for 2016..

The reality is there if you want to recognize it by checking around.

Good call ...time to face reality if a business consultant has to take advice from a school teacher on economics and business

stick to what you do best ...bashing senselessly on CCP

Almost come across as cute ....almost .... smile.png

Again comes the chronic apologist for 5000 years of dictatorship in China and 65 years of the current CCP dynasty of dictators who are updating China's ancient and decrepit authoritarian rule by blocking the internet and all global television such as True tv or any system like it. The consequence is that talking with a CCP-PRC created mushroom is like talking to an eighth grader who doesn't have any facts.

Anyone who might think or believe the 21st century Chinese are businessmen has been eating too many mooncakes and for much too long. It would be amusing to hear the advice of a business consultant concerning how the CCP Boyz must stop sitting around receiving sacks of illicit cash while they are laughing it up blowing bubbles (that's generously assuming CCPs laugh).

The CCP's political economy is a couple of notches above that of the pathetic and failed Soviet Union and fathoms below those of the advanced economies so I'm afraid that is just nowhere near enough to be sustainable or viable.

The CCP Boyz have sworn to the heavens here will never be a Gorbachev among them which is why we see the dogmatic hack C.Y. Leung fumbling about 24/7 in Hong Kong. Leung can't even steal a sack of millions of bucks without getting his pants pulled down as he tries to make off with it.

Good call ...time to face reality if a business consultant has to take advice from a school teacher on economics and business

stick to what you do best ...bashing senselessly on CCP

Almost come across as cute ....almost .... smile.png

If you think I might be "cute" or almost cute I'd invite you to kiss me where I like it most. whistling.gifrolleyes.gif

I know two members who are going to get kissed good-bye if they don't stop baiting each other and get back on topic. Of course you can get a room together. Short-time is a little expensive in Wanchai, but Mongkok is fairly economical.

Hong Kong absolutely rejects Beijing's design of Iran style democracy and so does Taiwan.

It is they who are insisting, not the West.

While the West has no say in this sovereign CCP matter, the West does of course support the vast majorities respectively in HKG and on Taiwan.

The people of HKG and of Taiwan are making themselves clear to the Beijing Boyz that democracy is their priority and that the opposition of the CCP Boyz in Beijing is making a great trouble for themselves and for HKG. .

From the amount of people who protested it can't be the vast majority.....I think the vast majority want to live well and earn money and get every year more money. As long as the Communists can do that the vast majority is happy. If there will be an economic crises the politicians in China will be in big troubles.

Happy is maybe a bit exaggerated but to say Hong Kong "absolutely rejects" Beijing is absolutely ridiculous and totally out of touch with the real feelings of HK people. I met a number of them during the past few days, both professionally and socially, and the people they are increasingly upset with are the demonstrators.

• Like 1

The CCP Boyz in Beijing are born losers.

Their ancient and decrepit idea that dictatorship is the only true form of government is a historical loser. Their one party state system of political economy has been the most spectacular failure since the creation of Marxism-Leninism as is most recently evidenced by the collapse of the failed Soviet Union.

The Umbrella Revolution in Hong Kong and the Sunflower Revolution in Taiwan, both of which dawned this year are led by the youngest generation of young adults born into the CCP's Hong Kong and three generations of democrats bred in Taiwan.

As the article below notes, the young protesters have the support of practically all of Taiwan and of a broad cross section of HKG, yet I would note that the phenomenon of a Generation Gap has begun to occur.

The Cost of Beijing's Determination in Hong Kong

A Hong Kong University poll conducted in September found that 75 percent of residents aged 18 to 29 distrust the Chinese government, while 85 percent express little or no confidence in "one country, two systems," Hong Kong's post-colonial arrangement to maintain separate legal and economic institutions from China through 2047.

Beijing's obsession with centralization and control has put them at odds with the younger generation in Hong Kong and Taiwan.

"'One country, two systems' was actually a compromise between China and Hong Kong's business elite, as it allowed this elite to continue operating for 50 years," said Joseph Lee, a professor of history at Pace University in New York. "But the compromise reflected short-term thinking, and paid no attention to the needs of the newer generation."

Edited by Publicus

A Hong Kong University poll conducted in September found that 75 percent of residents aged 18 to 29 distrust the Chinese government, while 85 percent express little or no confidence in "one country, two systems," Hong Kong's post-colonial arrangement to maintain separate legal and economic institutions from China through 2047.

Your point being ? Make a survey in any university in the world and you will have everywhere the same answer, students wherever they live have always the feeling to be under the 3rd Reich. They will grow up. You should too.

• Like 1

The CCP Boyz in Beijing are born losers.

Their ancient and decrepit idea that dictatorship is the only true form of government is a historical loser. Their one party state system of political economy has been the most spectacular failure since the creation of Marxism-Leninism as is most recently evidenced by the collapse of the failed Soviet Union.

The Umbrella Revolution in Hong Kong and the Sunflower Revolution in Taiwan, both of which dawned this year are led by the youngest generation of young adults born into the CCP's Hong Kong and three generations of democrats bred in Taiwan.

As the article below notes, the young protesters have the support of practically all of Taiwan and of a broad cross section of HKG, yet I would note that the phenomenon of a Generation Gap has begun to occur.

The Cost of Beijing's Determination in Hong Kong

Beijing's obsession with centralization and control has put them at odds with the younger generation in Hong Kong and Taiwan.

"'One country, two systems' was actually a compromise between China and Hong Kong's business elite, as it allowed this elite to continue operating for 50 years," said Joseph Lee, a professor of history at Pace University in New York. "But the compromise reflected short-term thinking, and paid no attention to the needs of the newer generation."

http://news.yahoo.com/cost-chinas-determination-hong-kong-163111455--politics.html

They are communists , their ideology had no voting ..for the sake of reforms and being all encompassing , they are allowing the HK to be the very first state to vote ; this is not done even within china

Maybe in 2017 they won't get full democracy and pick who they want , maybe in 2022 they will ...every government should be give their own time to develop their own political system

There are many systems that need to be reviewed and you don't find the Chinese pointing out the flaws of those as they respect and understand people and governments need their own space to make it happen without outside interference

China is not some small middle eastern state in crisis ...they have 20% of the world population to think about and what's best for them

As we have dramatic western reforms may not always be good ...it need to be an Asian solution ...when China open up capitalism and all western brands went in , the old folly of corruption , overpricing and bribery still happened but the Chinese have not rejected this and ranted like a communist and started banning stuff

They fined them and moved on as the products are still wanted by the citizens as brands they want and they respected the consumer rights in choice

I fear the students of HK have been unduly influenced and when you hear them saying it must be now ...now now and interrupting the lives of others who don't want it now but maybe later ...you can see how the city is divided and not all as passionate as the students in wanting immediate reforms

Many HK who are well read and well traveled know even a democratic elected government is not immune to corruption and the student idealism of voting may not be as well founded at all.

I mean what if o

Edited by LawrenceChee

I know two members who are going to get kissed good-bye if they don't stop baiting each other and get back on topic. Of course you can get a room together. Short-time is a little expensive in Wanchai, but Mongkok is fairly economical.

I have my own favorite hotel in peninsula @ HK ...the helipad is a nice touch ...not everyone's price range though :) high tea there is epic and the highlight of a HK trip

Edited by LawrenceChee

I have my own favorite hotel in peninsula @ HK ...the helipad is a nice touch ...not everyone's price range though smile.png high tea there is epic and the highlight of a HK trip

Having a pee at Felix is a Hong Kong must do ;-).

• Like 1

I have my own favorite hotel in peninsula @ HK ...the helipad is a nice touch ...not everyone's price range though smile.png high tea there is epic and the highlight of a HK trip

I know, I've been there on several occasions, but they don't have short-time rooms and they really, really don't like when you ask if they do.

Please behave on the forum as you would in the Peninsula having high tea.rolleyes.gif

I know, I've been there on several occasions, but they don't have short-time rooms and they really, really don't like when you ask if they do.

Please behave on the forum as you would in the Peninsula having high tea.rolleyes.gif

That's me 99% of the time with logical well mannered arguments ....sipping tea in Peninsula

there is that 1% when I lose it occasionally when the name calling becomes as repetitive and annoying like a damn pommie barking at the moo baan ...I never bring those to the peninsula as they are quite chic chic about dogs barking in the foyer.

I do think the preferred breed for chic chic models is for French Papillions

Edited by LawrenceChee

Didn't know the peninsula do short time rooms at all :)

The helipad use is only for the top floor suites and it comes with the full day use of the limo phantoms ...very good way to drive except Mongkok is blocked at the moment and we have take a damn detour to the airport ...annoying !

Your point being ? Make a survey in any university in the world and you will have everywhere the same answer, students wherever they live have always the feeling to be under the 3rd Reich. They will grow up. You should too.

I graduated university with a baccalaureate in 1970.

Graduated high school 1963.

The HKG students in the streets and their cause goes far beyond anything I did back then.

They're fighting for democracy itself in their own lives and over the coming decades, the harsh alternative being a petrified dictatorship in a far off place supported by the impudent.

So bye bye to you.

Edited by Publicus

I would add that Mongkok is short-timers central. smile.png

That's me 99% of the time with logical well mannered arguments ....sipping tea in Peninsula

there is that 1% when I lose it occasionally when the name calling becomes as repetitive and annoying like a damn pommie barking at the moo baan ...I never bring those to the peninsula as they are quite chic chic about dogs barking in the foyer.

I do think the preferred breed for chic chic models is for French Papillions

It could seem that some self-appointed grandee on his delusional victory tour has missed the clear and direct point.