Demographic changing again

TobyOliver

The areas flavor had become overly Russian. More balance and diversity is very welcome. More international variety city. Less Pattayagrad. May it happen.

Koreans and Chinese are not going to change the demographic at all. (I don't know how the OP makes the distinction).... if they are actually replacing Russians there will be less diversity. Chinese have been #1 or #2 on the list for many years.

The areas flavor had become overly Russian. More balance and diversity is very welcome. More international variety city. Less Pattayagrad. May it happen.

Koreans and Chinese are not going to change the demographic at all. (I don't know how the OP makes the distinction).... if they are actually replacing Russians there will be less diversity. Chinese have been #1 or #2 on the list for many years.

Agreed - their numbers may be down in 2014 but when you start at something close to 5 million arrivals per year, that's still a lot of people. No idea how many go to each city but the busloads keep rolling down 3rd Road every day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand#Top_20_arrivals_by_nationality

The junta is trying to put a spin on the disappointing numbers for the first 9 months of the year, claiming that numbers are improving -

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNECO5710120010006

Given this past weekend's traffic, I'm not as keen to see high season as some in Pattaya, but I accept that it's all part of life's rich tapestry in Sin City. Bring it on.

• Like 2

Some of these Chinese are actually Japanese or Korean though,and to be seen spending cash in shops and bars too. All to the good.

I would also say the average Chinese tourist that I have seen in Pattaya this year are a little more cosmopolitan in outlook than previous years?

Also the beach chairs have been moved back (after the sand kicking incident) so you can put a towel down and your own brolly rather then pay 100 baht for a chair smile.png every little helps

Same in Naklua, Wongamat. They even had channel 3 filming it.

About time to! My favourite way to do Larn is to get the speed boat over, take a big towel, umbrella and sandwiches from 7! The fast boats the only bit that really costs but much quicker and I quite like the ride.

If you sit on a deck chair they charge you straight away and there not a fan of you bringing your own lunch which puts the cost up quite a bit.

Anyway starting to get the hang of streamlining my day trips now, before I was all over the place :P