Internet Connection Problems

sceadugenga

I used to have problems all the time with TOTs ADSL connection but since I switched to their WiNet or WiFi product things are much better. There is a tower about two kilometers away, with direct line of sight and I have no more problems. It is understandable that they may need to do some maintenance from time to time but I am now very happy with their service.

TOT Pattaya.

Since Thursday last week I've had a terrible forever breaking connection.

Interestingly yesterday Sunday the connection had very few breaks,

This early morning the connection was breaking up again.

This afternoon it was just unworkable.

Bizarrely this evening the connection got better after 7 PM and as I'm writing this has only a few breaks.

I've been twice to TOT already.

Twice the technician called but never showed up.

Going back to complain tomorrow.

After 3 days without - went to Sattahip office to complain. A 'technician eventually called'round. Up until yesterday I could could get Wi-fi on my phone yet could not access it on my desktop. Today even the wi-fi has gone. I thought the router is broken (after the storms) as it was very hot. He says it's my LAN connection & I need to get my computer checked?

Is this feasible?

During my 3 yrs TOT internet, two motherboards were destroyed, at least the lan interface which i had cabled from the router. The computers power supply also died partly during these incidents. Not to mention the routers, but they were replaced for free by TOT.

Two months ago the OP's problem started to occur. I called about 14 times in 14 days, twice they sent repair-people who repaired absolutely nothing.

So I canceled and now have to live with 3BB. Don't know if I'm happy because there 10MB which I have, is often only 5, and that is not enough to watch true anywhere.

But besides true it only stopped once for two hours, due to a server re-boot as they told me. I wonder if they even know what a server is.

Wi-Fi tower connect has been really bad in Kalasin and very inconsistent since May. The last two weeks have been the worst practically unusable. Gave up calling them a month ago when they said they were unable to fix the problem. I called 3BB, they said they would check to see if service was available in my area but they never got back to me. If they can't even call me back, don't think they would do a good job providing internet either. But since two days ago TOT has been a bit better, I hope it lasts.

I have had nothing but good results from TOT Wireless. Since they installed the new system three years ago, my speeds have been consistently good - and increasing yearly. At present. my speed has been ,most acceptable (varies during the day from 1mB/s in the morning to 600kB/sec in the evening, which is understandable).

All in all, most pleased. (and NO download limits............)

• Like 1

I had to dump TOT, it wasn't the years of poor speed and connection unreliability, but their attitude when you call up to report problems.

When I went to the office to cancel, they could not care less...BUT they filled in the form asking why I was discontinuing the service,apparently I can't afford it!

What is the latest on internet connections?? Recently i am experiencing intermittent ADSL connection using 3bb 10 down/1 up. I subscribe to a couple of live feeds from U.S. and UK, but for the last couple of months the feed in intermittent and basically awful. Can you guys comment on your current connections. I read here there is problems (damage) with the international cable.

Further i switched from TOT to 3bb a year ago and find that connection much better. thnx much.

TOT Pattaya - Phone line.

Connection was OK yesterday morning though with a couple disconnects.

From 1 PM on no connection and the phone line is dead.

Same this morning.

I've to go to TOT Central Rd again this morning.

Using my landlord's non-TOT WiFi with permission now.

Edited by jayceenik