HR procedures - government school and >120 days worked

Weeks before my B-Visa was to expire, I alerted HR via e-mail to the need for "documents". Got the WP and needed i. a map showing the school's location and ii. and iii. the contract? Just a few additional documents.

Got the replky: "this is not my business".

When my B-Visa expired, i had no choice but to leave Thailand. This must have been perfectly clear to HR as they have other foreign teachers...

Hope someone can answer some questions?

• No matter what - drunk on the job? Useless, whatever - there should be a proper procedure for terminating an employee. Is that correct?
  • By forcing me to abandon my job the common "3 days' absent" clause was triggered. but then, I think this doesn't count when it has been an act of interntional obstruction by HR! (I showed up at Immigration with my passport and the WP, but was turned away).
  • They have not communicated at all. No call, no Facebook message (or reply), no e-mail.
  • Then the September salary wasn't paid.
  • I would expect they will have to terminate me properly. Yes, they have my condo's address and my wife will receive mail sent there. That's the 25,000 Baht question.

Assuming I'm accused of some terrible act justifying an immediate dismissal. Guys, put it in writing and serve it upon me!

They had 120 days = probationary period and I'd like to claim severance, payment for time worked and payment in lieu of notice. Moreover, I'd like to get a proper termination letter (or however this is done - I'd accept an e-mail).

A fellow teacher in my town told me last night on FB that he hasn't gotten paid either. He's been working for an agency for 4 months and they have ignored all queries. His government school had paid the agency...

OT: in a neighboring country, a friend making $ 450 at a supermarket hasn't been paid in months! facepalm.gif What's up with this?!?

Sorry to hear about your situation.

If your contract is with the school. I would go back and warn

the school that you want your compensation and if it is not

available in a timely manner, then you will be going to the labour office and be demanding

much more than mere work compensation. Show them that they have a fight on their hands.

If it is an agency, it might end up being more difficult getting your money. If you have the

time and money, then go after the agency.

• Like 1

Simple truth...you have been scammed...done over...you haven't a hope in hell of getting your money...or a termination document....I mean you cannot even get "them" to reply by email....Welcome to Lie-land

Sorry not the answer you want to hear....but I do sincerely sympathise with you