How hard it is to find you in Thailand?

expatsupreme

OP ... if is is just family or the EX you are trying to avoid... it is one thing -- but if it were something more serious - lawsuit, or a domestic squabble that resulted in some pushing and shoving and she turned it into an assault charge... If the authorities wanted you - a court order would get your banking records ... credit card - debit card records... and would soon know what town you are in - what bank branches you use for an ATM, etc.

Otherwise it is very difficult for someone to track you down to a certain city or in a big place like Bkk to figure out where could be in thousands of places.

So if you don't want banking information checked -- you have to move it .. like to Singapore ... then eventually to Thailand... If you are just in Thailand for a short while - 6 months or so... stop being paranoid.

If you are staying here longer - planning to stay several years... then a tour of some of the region - staying in 3-4-5 different places will get you quite lost - records wise. Recently - I went to the local immigration office - to get a letter of residence (or what ever it is called) to be able to buy a motorcycle. I had been in this area for 4 months at the time... the immigration folks searched the computer system for about 30 minutes - done by three different people. Of the dozens of places I had stayed - only about 4-5 showed up on the list. And where I had been staying for 3 months was not on the list at all... so pretty hit and miss...

Also remember some rental places are happy if you provide a copy of your passport pages... rather than them having to copy them ... (if you know what I mean).

If anyone back home has your Thai phone number and they might hand it out -- get another SIM... Don't use your real name on the Internet anywhere... period. If you have done that - change it - make new accounts with phony names. Change email addresses ... Get rid of the trail of bread crumbs of your past...

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

yep, mummy wouldnt be happy

Only cause I didn't invite her............................coffee1.gif

She's 83 now and still game as a badger, bless her

• Like 1

Why not wait to come here until you are free to do so without hiding like a fugitive, I'm sure you will have a better time. I don't know your history and don't want to, but my experience is that subterfuge generally ends up going pear shaped anyway, so you'd be better thinking about why you prefer sneaking into Thailand rather than being open about it and sorting that issue out first.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

but everytime you rent, the owner copies my documents, so he proabably sends them to police?

I just wonder, it is really easy to find you, is somebody is looking for you, risking a marriiage peacefulness is easy

I wouldn't worry too much about your hotel registration information, or your leased room if that is the way you intend to go.

What I would worry about is if your wife, or friends of said wife happen to be a little bit computer savy and they realize how many online live CCTV feeds are streamed in Pattaya.

Yep, then I would worry, enough to ruin your holiday.................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth

OP ... if is is just family or the EX you are trying to avoid... it is one thing -- but if it were something more serious - lawsuit, or a domestic squabble that resulted in some pushing and shoving and she turned it into an assault charge... If the authorities wanted you - a court order would get your banking records ... credit card - debit card records... and would soon know what town you are in - what bank branches you use for an ATM, etc.

Otherwise it is very difficult for someone to track you down to a certain city or in a big place like Bkk to figure out where could be in thousands of places.

So if you don't want banking information checked -- you have to move it .. like to Singapore ... then eventually to Thailand... If you are just in Thailand for a short while - 6 months or so... stop being paranoid.

If you are staying here longer - planning to stay several years... then a tour of some of the region - staying in 3-4-5 different places will get you quite lost - records wise. Recently - I went to the local immigration office - to get a letter of residence (or what ever it is called) to be able to buy a motorcycle. I had been in this area for 4 months at the time... the immigration folks searched the computer system for about 30 minutes - done by three different people. Of the dozens of places I had stayed - only about 4-5 showed up on the list. And where I had been staying for 3 months was not on the list at all... so pretty hit and miss...

Also remember some rental places are happy if you provide a copy of your passport pages... rather than them having to copy them ... (if you know what I mean).

If anyone back home has your Thai phone number and they might hand it out -- get another SIM... Don't use your real name on the Internet anywhere... period. If you have done that - change it - make new accounts with phony names. Change email addresses ... Get rid of the trail of bread crumbs of your past...

Sounds like you have some real problems waiting for you back in the US.

• Like 1

maintain a complete information blackout. Don't even say you're going OS at all, let alone going to LOS.

If you can't beat them, then join them:

Once took elderly parents along though. Took them to Hatyai, bedazzled them with the Mermaid show at the Pink Lady.

Dropped them off at an Ancient massage place around the corner.

Got myself a few hours at a 'better' massage place not too far away.

The only challenge in flying so close to under the radar, was to keep them out of my room that night

• Like 1

Move in with a Thai gf.

She rents the room, owns the house, etc., nobody knows where you are.

Banking,

Use a third party currency purchase company, buy using your credit/debit card.

Have two Thai bank accounts, one to receive money transfers, then take it out as cash and walk it to your second bank.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Move in with a Thai gf.
She rents the room, owns the house, etc., nobody knows where you are.

Banking,
Use a third party currency purchase company, buy using your credit/debit card.
Have two Thai bank accounts, one to receive money transfers, then take it out as cash and walk it to your second bank.

Unless she fills a TM30 on you..............thumbsup.gif

Sounds like you have some real problems waiting for you back in the US.

Oh - doesn't apply to me ... just from investigative experiences with Army Counter Intelligence at a time in my life.. I am so clean I could publish my whereabouts on the front page of the N.Y. Times - but no one would be interested. Drat!!

• Like 1

you should never give anyone your passport

Ha. Even motorbike rental touts want a passport as collateral.

And tourists hand it over !

And in the past some have gone back to fetch their passport with the turn-in of the rental motorcycle and - IT WASN'T THERE... A sucker born every minute

I think it is so easy to find out where you are from the copy of passport, private detectives must have friends in police who tell them immediately where you stay......

btw I am now hiding from the law, no need to do that....just a precaution from my wife, because she knows what goes on in pattaya, and I do not want to end like that german turist on tv lol

I think it is so easy to find out where you are from the copy of passport, private detectives must have friends in police who tell them immediately where you stay......

btw I am now hiding from the law, no need to do that....just a precaution from my wife, because she knows what goes on in pattaya, and I do not want to end like that german turist on tv lol

How would the police know where you stay? I lived with a different woman every three months for the first 5 years I was in Thailand. My address reporting always told the story of where I had been not where I was.

Your phone sim is anonymous everything is cash who the heck could find you?

• Like 1

How would the police know where you stay? I lived with a different woman every three months for the first 5 years I was in Thailand. My address reporting always told the story of where I had been not where I was.

"I lived with a different woman every three months for the first 5 years I was in Thailand"

Sounds like you've had an interesting lifesmile.png

Are you sure SIMs are anonymous?

Edited by J Bradley

"I lived with a different woman every three months for the first 5 years I was in Thailand"

Sounds like you've had an interesting lifesmile.png

Are you sure SIMs are anonymous?

Why wouldn't they be? You just go to the market and buy one. No one ever asked me for ID.

Where sim cards are concerned the easiest way is to have a dual sim phone. One sim for the wife and one for the other erm 'ladies' ;) Take the 2nd one out when you go back to the wife.

Different ringtones too so you know when the boss is calling whistling.gif

• Like 1

Mate - if you tell your family you're holidaying in Thailand, the last thing they would think is that you're here for the temples and the scenery.

I mean really, get with the program!

Why else would a man come to Thailand for am i missing something ?

signed

IClaudius

soi 6

Pattaya.

• Like 1

Mate - if you tell your family you're holidaying in Thailand, the last thing they would think is that you're here for the temples and the scenery.

I mean really, get with the program!

Why else would a man come to Thailand for am i missing something ?

signed

IClaudius

soi 6

Pattaya.

Best to tell them you are on holiday in Taiwan, as JFK stated, at all times maintain plausible deniability.

(Same game as Australia and Austria, many Americans don't know they are different countries)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1