Buakaw apologises to boxing fans

Rimmer

Buakaw apologises to boxing fans

1413161039916-640x390x1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Buakaw Banchamek, champion muay thai kickboxer, posted a Facebook message Sunday night apologising to his fans after he walked out of a fight against German Enriko Kehl in Pattaya after the fight was ruled in favour of the German boxer.

Kehl was crowned K-1 World Max champion after Buakaw walked out of the fight at the end of third and final round of Saturday's bout.
Judges ruled that the fight was even after the third round ended so an extra round was needed to find the champion of the fight.
But Buakaw left the boxing arena and the fight was ruled in favour of Kehl due to disqualification via forfeit.
Apologizing to his fans, Buakaw said in his Facebook page that: “Sorry to make fans puzzled but you would understand me later.”
It is expected that the Thai kickboxer would hold a press conference to clarify the incident soon as his trainer said the even result was not fair for Buakaw. (MCOT online news)
tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-10-13

How can a Thai kick boxer lose against a foreigner? Can never happen.1zgarz5.gif

It can and does happen. A few years ago I saw a fight being broadcast live between a Thai muay thai champion and an Australian challenger. The Aussie trounced him. You could have heard a pin drop.

• Like 2

How can a Thai kick boxer lose against a foreigner? Can never happen.1zgarz5.gif

It can and does happen. A few years ago I saw a fight being broadcast live between a Thai muay thai champion and an Australian challenger. The Aussie trounced him. You could have heard a pin drop.

I hope that you understand my quote was tongue in cheek.violin.gif

• Like 1

I watched the video of the fight and to be honest it was no way a draw. Buakaw would have been well ahead on points after 3 rounds. I can understand why he was annoyed with the results and went back to his dressing room as this was a farce. The German fighter was good but was not as good as his Thai opponant on the night.

• Like 2

Big loss of face losing in your national sport to a "farang". Ha ha ha.

partytime2.gif

The joke is on you, ignoramus. He was competing in K-1 kickboxing, which is a Japanese combat sport. It is NOT the same as Muay Thai. It's like tennis and badminton. Different rules.

Regardless, he lost clearly despite the gift of a draw and extra round and ran away instead of doing the extra round and losing on national tv. Buakaw is overhyped and far from the best nak Muay in Thailand. He should retire ASAP. He lost a lot of his international goodwill from these stupid actions.

Thais frequently lose to foreigners, despite having the huge advantage of an endless talent pool and fighting professionally from an early age. But they train like they did 80 years ago. Just like in the real world, thai boxing and Thailand are terribly ineffective and unproductive due to being unable to modernize and progress. Edited by BestBitterPhuket

I saw the video on youtube and clearly Buakaw dominated the fight. Can balme him for walking out as it was a fiasco. Didn’t beat him as bad as in 2013 however, I do believe the german spent more time picking himself off the mat then he did actually fighting..giggle.gif

• Like 1

As anyone knows that goes to the fights here, if the Thai is still on his feet, he wins.

They do not even seem embarassed about it. I have seen Thais get a beating and still win.

One thing though, the Thais are usually matched against someone 10-20 kilo heavier to make the fight even. Or the Thai will be 40 years old against a much younger falung.

• Like 1

It can and does happen. A few years ago I saw a fight being broadcast live between a Thai muay thai champion and an Australian challenger. The Aussie trounced him. You could have heard a p

We breed them tough in Australia.

THE GUY IS UNPROFESSIONAL and a cry baby SUCK IT UP get out fhere for the final round and WIN IT

Walking away it typical thai because he thought it was not even, WELL BOO F.KIN HOO, YOUR NOT THE REF and its not your decision its the refferees (multiple) and they judged the fight if they got it wrong SO WHAT happens all the time but a REAL PRO would of sucked it up INSTEAD OF QUITTING.

Spoilt Brat throwing his toys out the pram

Should be banned from K1 for behaving like a spoilt little kid

Edited by DiamondKing

The dutch fighters did it several times.....Andy Sauer is an example.....

And for the complainers. It was a gambling scam. they changed the rules of the game just before. Not allowing leg grapping and holding. It was never there before and seemingly put in to disadvantage Buakaw. K1 is a scam

Edited by siamsomjit

And for the complainers. It was a gambling scam. they changed the rules of the game just before. Not allowing leg grapping and holding. It was never there before and seemingly put in to disadvantage Buakaw. K1 is a scam

LOL! You know absolutely NOTHING! Leg grappling? Hahaha! What is that? No such thing in K-1 or Muay Thai. Grabbing the legs for a takedown or a throw is illegal in both sports. By the way, "holding" or clinching has never been allowed in K1. Never. The rules were the same as before. K1 is not Muay Thai. Tennis is not table tennis. You know absolutely zero, but yet you are spewing out things as they were facts.

Don't know the rules but in most maches if its a draw the champion retains his belt. What do they do if 4th round is a draw? keep fighting till someone collapses?

Well, that's boxing. Different sport. Fights in K1 are supposed to be conclusive, just like a soccer World Cup final. If it's a draw after one extra round, then it's a fifth and final round. The judges will then have to declare one of the fighters as the winner.

Scoring is different from Muay Thai. Kicks and punches have equal weight, while throws and takedowns count zero. Buakaw was out pointed with punches landing cleanly. He hardly managed to land any kicks and his takedowns were all illegal. Buakaw lost after 3 rounds. The only scandal was that he was gifted with a draw, and he walked out because he knew that he couldn't win.

Edited by BestBitterPhuket

Excuse me asking. I know nothing of the rules of K-1 but aren't fights scored by the number of rounds won? If so how can a 3 round fight be a draw?

You mean you never heard of win one round, lose one round, and draw the last round???????????

I assume you didnt watch the fight. I actually didnt even know there was a 4th round. I turned it off after the third round because it was obvious Buakaw won

While I have enjoyed going to a few Muay Thai fights I found the scoring system with kick strike points weighted

more heavily than hand strikes hard to understand. One fighter clearly dominating the fight in the street fight sense

but loosing on the judges cards. Not sure about K1 but from the comments from the various pundits above who

have watched the fight on video there is no clear consensus winner with both sides claiming there fighter clearly

dominated.

LOL! You know absolutely NOTHING! Leg grappling? Hahaha! What is that? No such thing in K-1 or Muay Thai. Grabbing the legs for a takedown or a throw is illegal in both sports. By the way, "holding" or clinching has never been allowed in K1. Never. The rules were the same as before. K1 is not Muay Thai. Tennis is not table tennis. You know absolutely zero, but yet you are spewing out things as they were facts.

LOL! That's a cheap shot, I am quite sure he didn't mean, nor wrote grappling. Isn't it obvious he meant grabbing instead of grappling. Could do with a little bit more tact, Mr expert.

Surprised that anyone would suggest Buakaw was afraid of losing. Firstly, he has had 250-odd fights according to Wikipedia, of which he lost 21, so he's no stranger to being beaten. So, he's a seasoned pro. Earlier in the week, reports said, he had written that he was concerned about rigging in K1 matches. Perhaps more attention should be paid to that issue rather than the childish and pathetic comments made in this thread so far.

Buakaw no stranger to controversy but reasons for row unknown

30245416-01_big.jpg

Once famous for his exhilarating K-1 boxing style, controversial Buakaw Banchamek's tarnished reputation has suffered another setback with his latest antics in the ring, opting not to finish his bout on Saturday.

Rising to stardom as one of the most acclaimed K-1 fighters, who drew plaudits with countless captivating fights, Buakaw's star started to dim following a series of controversies, both in and out of the ring.

His latest misdemeanour came at the Indoor Athletic Gymnasium in Pattaya on Saturday night, when he inexplicably fled the venue - even though his fight for the K-1 under-70kg championship against German opponent Enriko Kehl was not over.

Buakaw's baffling act caught everyone off guard, including the organisers, who were momentarily left in the dark on what to do when the fight could not be resumed after the regulation three rounds.

The organisers then decided to hand the German the title to the bewilderment of the crowd, who clearly struggled to understand the incident. Buakaw's mysterious absence became a hot issue overnight, with the question on everyone's lips "Where's he gone?"

It was not the first time the 32-year-old fighter, no stranger to controversy, opted to disappear from the scene. In March 2012, the Thai boxer, who hails from Surin, made headlines when he fled the Por Pramuk Gym camp, where he began his boxing career.

In another dispute with his former employers, Buakaw sprang a surprise by defying Por Pramuk's order to fight in the Thai Fight event in April that year. When asked why he did that, he gave the famous reply: "I'd rather go to jail."

But the story had a happy ending. With the help of senior figures in Thai sports, the fighter eventually settled the problem, over a financial issue with Por Pramuk, although he decided to leave his old stomping ground.

He then fought for Banchamek, the newly established gym, but his problems never seemed to go away. Last year, he decided to separate from the Thai Fight organisers, saying they took advantage of his contract.

Earlier this month, Buakaw became the subject of gossip regarding his relationship with controversial beauty Sunannika "Nampetch" Kritsanasuwan, who was stripped of her title as second runner-up in Miss Thailand Universe. Rumour had it the boxer bought several luxury items, including a golden necklace for her, but he insisted she was just a friend.

It remained unclear what penalty the two-time K-1 champion Buakaw will suffer for his latest trick. K-1 Global Holdings told a press conference yesterday they would like to have a talk to clear the air with the fighter before deciding whether to sue him for breach of contract.

Buakaw's manager claimed after Saturday's fight the Thai fighter did not want to continue to avoid being caught up in betting on his bout. K-1 officials admit that bookmakers overseas opened odds for the bout but it was something they could not control. They also tried to avoid answering a question as to whether there was another issue Buakaw had with them.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/Buakaw-no-stranger-to-controversy-but-reasons-for--30245416.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-14