PM Prayut tells Thai police to adhere to honesty and integrity in working

webfact

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Joke of the Day clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

He wasn't making a joke. He know's who and what he's up against. It's almost an impossible win for him, but he does hold the trump card of marshal law. He has to be very careful how he plays it.

What BS he controls the army... If he was serous a bit of spilt blood here and there is just collateral damage...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All he does is talk. What a national joke this man is.

I read in the news today that the government has abandoned the 10,000 Baht reward for refusing bribes - ALREADY cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Could it be that is was being used for corrupt purposes?

The government never proposed or set up the bonus system you're referring to. It was established by the police to reward their own and the RTP, not the government, have now abandoned the scheme.

^^^ What do you think the overthrow of your own government is, if not treason? Perhaps you are not a native speaker of English but that's just what treason means and unarguably that is what Prayuth (and others) did. Hence, he is guilty of treason. As for its being a capital crime, check article 113 of the legal code - using violence or the threat of violence to overthrow the government or to change the constitution is punishable by death. Perhaps you didn't know this but if so, you would be wise to keep your ignorance a little more in mind whilst you post.

You would be even wiser to keep your ignorance in mind, the coup did not use, neither did it threaten to use violence.

You're not allowed to quote things written in Thai....in Thai? RIght. OK. This being a sub-forum devoted to Thai news, that obviously makes a lot of sense.

Absolutely makes sense on an English language forum where the vast majority of the members can't read Thai.

All he does is talk. What a national joke this man is.

I read in the news today that the government has abandoned the 10,000 Baht reward for refusing bribes - ALREADY cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Could it be that is was being used for corrupt purposes?

Word on the street is they couldnt find another straight policeman to reward for the next ceremony ...

The other rumour is the selection panel just got bored and decided to split the prize money between them, The scheme got cancelled when they forgot to give 50% of the split to the commanding officer.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

Oh really? When was the trial, must have missed that one.

Going to have to give that one a failing mark, I'm afraid. If I kill someone, I am guilty of murder, whether or not I stand trial for it. 'Guilty' can, in addition to meaning 'having committed or being responsible for a wrongful act', obviously also mean something like 'found to have committed an illegal act by a court of law' but it doesn't exclusively mean the latter so only 2/10 for your efforts. Sorry.

You are clearly not a lawyer, 10/10 for demonstrating it.

May I suggest Gen Prayuth to get some advise from the Singapore Police Force.

If you bribe in Singapore a police officer both the one that puts up the bribe and the pilce that will receive the bribe will be put in jail.

Exactly the same here, both parties commit an offence, he doesn't need to get advice from Singapore.

Edited by Sviss Geez

Good start would be to reduce the number of Generals,, get more boots on the ground, what happened to the ten or so Chiefs who were moved to Bkk when he took power .

They were all moved to inactive posts, i dread to think of , how many are sitting in inactive posts because they could'nt do the job they paid for in the first place.

Depending on how lucrative a posting is ie : Pattaya for example ,for tea money the more they pay.

I heard on the islands anything from 4 mill baht.

I can't wait for all these amazing changes for Thailand, best of luck mate !

Prayuth is guilty of treason, a capital crime. He is not really in a position to preach about integrity.

Why is he guilty of treason?

For freeing the country from a government of corrupt criminals?

So your implying that the government now isn't corrupt?

Prayuth is guilty of treason, a capital crime. He is not really in a position to preach about integrity.

Why is he guilty of treason?

For freeing the country from a government of corrupt criminals?

So your implying that the government now isn't corrupt?

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/

The May 22 military coup in Thailand was justified on the need to fight corruption. Recent events prove that’s a sham.

• Like 2

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Joke of the Day clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

He wasn't making a joke. He know's who and what he's up against. It's almost an impossible win for him, but he does hold the trump card of marshal law. He has to be very careful how he plays it.

This aint Dodge. It`s Martial Law, not marshal law ! If you cant even get that right, why bother.

The good general PM IS the Supreme Commander of Police Dept ! His hand-picked Police Commissioner General is the honest and straight-talking guy in charge of KT perfect investigation.

Some say a change of management just means envelopes end up on different desks. They must be wrong.

What everyone is up against is self-appointed, absolute rulers who look after their own, some say

http://thaitribune.org/en/hot-issue/5886.

Somebody tell Prayut to show some humility, admit his country's failings & properly try to administer reform rather than continue with this pathetic 'perfect people' charade.

The world is watching you sir & they are a hell of a lot smarter than you.

Edited by ScubaPhuket
  • Like 1

"They proved over several months they were incapable and/or unwilling to stop attacks and murders of their opponents."

Well, they tried far too hard to accommodate the PDRC and their attacks on democracy, that's true. As things turned out, the softy-softy approach was, whilst dignified, a disaster. How far the attacks on the PDRC were carried out by agents provocateurs is unclear, though there was certainly involvement of the military in the demonstrations. Of course, whether people have a right to agitate for the overthrow of a democratic government is seriously questionable. Democracies are under no obligation to tolerate open threats to their own existence and had it not been for the fact that the Thai courts have been entirely captured by sectional interests, the police would have been much better equipped to deal with things.

"They acted illegally, breached parliamentary rules, and tried to sneak through an amnesty bill which outraged many sections of the Thai community."

The amnesty bill was overturned by street protests. If anything, responsiveness to this kind of extra-parliamentary pressure is one indication of a government acting democratically. As for the illegality thing (I presume you mean the amendments to the senate), the court judgement was ludicrous, as was pretty widely recognized at the time.

"The situation was spiraling out of control and being inflamed by the caretaker government's treasonable incitement of civil unrest "

This is nonsense. Suthep and co, with the support of members of the current junta, were openly agitating for the violent overthrow of the government. In response, Yingluck was a model of restraint.

"including "beating the war drum" meetings and calls for the establishment of their own republic."

Utter rubbish. A couple of signs went up in the North and there were a few Facebook posts and the rest was the work of army PR and Prayuth's over-sized mouth.

"You can't carry out a peaceful coup unless the majority of the people are behind it."

You must be completely deranged even to even begin to claim that "the majority of the people are behind" the coup. Just utterly, utterly absurd. That's a fantastically stupid comment.

Plus, according to Suthep, plotting for the coup started with the army many years ago and, of course, there's the rather inconvenient fact that Anupong and Prawit were key supporters of the PDRC (key members of which are now playing their part in the disenfranchisement of the Thai people) so the idea that this was all just an unfortunate and unwanted response to events which had nothing to do with the army is a total fiction.

Plus leader of Dem Party in Surat Thani, the venerable uncle Suthep, founder PDRC.

Top organiser for PDRC in Surat Thani, Voraphan Tuvichien.

Mayor/Headman Koh Tao Voraphan Tuvichien, brother to Montriwat Tuvichien,

uncle to Warot Tuvichian. A well respected, wealthy and influential family, staunch supporters of military lunta and fans of PM`s hand-picked Police Commissioner General.

"They proved over several months they were incapable and/or unwilling to stop attacks and murders of their opponents."

Well, they tried far too hard to accommodate the PDRC and their attacks on democracy, that's true. As things turned out, the softy-softy approach was, whilst dignified, a disaster. How far the attacks on the PDRC were carried out by agents provocateurs is unclear, though there was certainly involvement of the military in the demonstrations. Of course, whether people have a right to agitate for the overthrow of a democratic government is seriously questionable. Democracies are under no obligation to tolerate open threats to their own existence and had it not been for the fact that the Thai courts have been entirely captured by sectional interests, the police would have been much better equipped to deal with things.

"They acted illegally, breached parliamentary rules, and tried to sneak through an amnesty bill which outraged many sections of the Thai community."

The amnesty bill was overturned by street protests. If anything, responsiveness to this kind of extra-parliamentary pressure is one indication of a government acting democratically. As for the illegality thing (I presume you mean the amendments to the senate), the court judgement was ludicrous, as was pretty widely recognized at the time.

"The situation was spiraling out of control and being inflamed by the caretaker government's treasonable incitement of civil unrest "

This is nonsense. Suthep and co, with the support of members of the current junta, were openly agitating for the violent overthrow of the government. In response, Yingluck was a model of restraint.

"including "beating the war drum" meetings and calls for the establishment of their own republic."

Utter rubbish. A couple of signs went up in the North and there were a few Facebook posts and the rest was the work of army PR and Prayuth's over-sized mouth.

"You can't carry out a peaceful coup unless the majority of the people are behind it."

You must be completely deranged even to even begin to claim that "the majority of the people are behind" the coup. Just utterly, utterly absurd. That's a fantastically stupid comment.

Plus, according to Suthep, plotting for the coup started with the army many years ago and, of course, there's the rather inconvenient fact that Anupong and Prawit were key supporters of the PDRC (key members of which are now playing their part in the disenfranchisement of the Thai people) so the idea that this was all just an unfortunate and unwanted response to events which had nothing to do with the army is a total fiction.

Plus leader of Dem Party in Surat Thani, the venerable uncle Suthep, founder PDRC.

Top organiser for PDRC in Surat Thani, Voraphan Tuvichien.

Mayor/Headman Koh Tao Voraphan Tuvichien, brother to Montriwat Tuvichien,

uncle to Warot Tuvichian. A well respected, wealthy and influential family, staunch supporters of military lunta and fans of PM`s hand-picked Police Commissioner General.

You forgot to add

commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor.Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

He really should have thought twice about saying that in the light of the Ko Tao fiasco. I can envisage him losing support rapidly if he is not more careful in what he says.

He has no problems with the way the police are conducting themselves on Ko Tao. He has publicaly praised and rewarded them for thier professionalism and exceptional skills.

He really should have thought twice about saying that in the light of the Ko Tao fiasco. I can envisage him losing support rapidly if he is not more careful in what he says.

Agree... he isn't a savvy politician and I'll leave you with this thought. It took a military coup to clear the side walks so that people could actually enter and exit the BTS at Mo Chit. It works: but only because there are soldiers there.

As far as Koh Tao is concerned... I'll share my and my Thai wife's opinion; We hope it becomes a ghost town.

So that's what the coup was for, clearing the "sidewalks" at Mo Chit........................OK, but don't you think that was a bit excessive?coffee1.gif.

I think that the salient point that I'm making is the difficulty of ridding the country of corruption and dealing with the police. Naturally, you missed it... It should be a very simple thing for the police to do, but it took the military to do it. Now why is that?

You say you're making the point of the difficulty of dealing with corruption and then you say that it is a simple thing for the police to do so, yes, I missed that point. Of course if you want to go on believing that corruption was the reason for the coup, who am I to disabuse you?

As if he has any more integrity than anybody else around here.

How do you know that?

How long has Thailand been around? How many officials have there been that are not corrupt?

You run the odds on that one. It aint all that hard to figure.

Or wait, are you one of those? You think this guy is going to pull Thailand out of the toilet and all will be dandy in no time, right?

As if he has any more integrity than anybody else around here.

How do you know that?

How long has Thailand been around? How many officials have there been that are not corrupt?

You run the odds on that one. It aint all that hard to figure.

Or wait, are you one of those? You think this guy is going to pull Thailand out of the toilet and all will be dandy in no time, right?

It isn't going to happen overnight. The NCPO/interim Government still needs the "co-operation" of the Police (and everyone else) for the country to move forward. But maybe, just maybe, the country will learn that better times are ahead if they can cut down (or eliminate?) corruption and do everything for the betterment of all instead of a select few. Some serious "butt kicking" is still needed though!

Yet another critic without a reasonable workable alternative!

you have no solution

I have plenty of ideas, none of which (for obvious reasons) I have bothered to repeat here but, if it makes you happy, and it's certainly in keeping with the bovine stupidity endemic on this forum, you go right ahead and imagine whatever you like about me.

I would suggest that you keep your "bovine stupidity" to yourself! It reeks of foot "in" mouth disease.

"Prime Minster Gen Prayut Chan-ocha encouraged the police to work with honesty and integrity and to ensure that the people will be treated fairly and equally."

encourage ????????? do policemen not take some kind of oath ?