TAT to promote 'martial law tourism'

webfact

The logic on this forum amazes me.

The sad story of the Koh Tao murders are remembered as if martial law is a complete failure.

I say how many terrorist attacks have there been in the capital of Thailand since martial law? None. Martial law was implemented because General Prayuth was sick of seeing innocent blood spilt by the red terrorists. It was not implemented in late May because of tourists getting murdered or raped. Was it? It was to stop the senseless killings by red shirts. It worked and my golly gee it worked well. 10/10 for the Good General on that one. Complete success.

But lets pretend ( a bit of red shirt "make believe" if you will) martial law was implemented to protect tourists. Below is a list of a few crimes committed under a democratically elected government like;

Two female tourists die mysteriously at same Koh Phi Phi resort

Fishermen find body of murdered British tourist

Pirates attack, kills British yachtie near Koh Dong

Thai man arrested, charged with murdering tourists

Two female tourists shot dead on Thailand resort beach

Murder in Thailand: another tourist shot dead

Paradise lost: Another tourist raped at Thailand resort island

Increasing violence against tourists threatens Thailand's tourism industry

A Swiss woman was found dead on a beach in Krabi where she may have been strangled and robbed. Edith Jungen, believed to be in her 30s, was found in shallow water on Noppharat Beach in Tambon Ao Nang in Krabi's Muang district.

German woman was killed during a full moon party on a beach in southern Thailand.

Two young female tourists were murdered on the beach in Pattaya.

Two Thai men were convicted of raping and killing 21-year-old British tourist Katherine Horton on Koh Samui.

The next day a Swedish woman who was visiting Thailand with her husband and children, was also raped on Koh Samui.

So through deductive reasoning tourists are safer under martial law according to the frequency of murders and rapes (or the lack there of) since they have implemented it when comparing it to a democratically elected government.

That is PTP logic right there.

I for one feel a lot safer walking the streets of Bangkok knowing I can walk freely anywhere and not be a casualty of a red terrorist attack.

Under martial law and under a democratically elected government the crimes against tourists go unabated. That won't change.

Are you still wearing your yellow shirt disguise?

I think more of a case of unhealthy man love for the general.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad story of the Koh Tao murders are remembered as if martial law is a complete failure.

I say how many terrorist attacks have there been in the capital of Thailand since martial law? None. Martial law was implemented because General Prayuth was sick of seeing innocent blood spilt by the red terrorists. It was not implemented in late May because of tourists getting murdered or raped. Was it? It was to stop the senseless killings by red shirts. It worked and my golly gee it worked well. 10/10 for the Good General on that one. Complete success.

But lets pretend ( a bit of red shirt "make believe" if you will) martial law was implemented to protect tourists. Below is a list of a few crimes committed under a democratically elected government like;

A Swiss woman was found dead on a beach in Krabi where she may have been strangled and robbed. Edith Jungen, believed to be in her 30s, was found in shallow water on Noppharat Beach in Tambon Ao Nang in Krabi's Muang district.

German woman was killed during a full moon party on a beach in southern Thailand.

Two Thai men were convicted of raping and killing 21-year-old British tourist Katherine Horton on Koh Samui.

The next day a Swedish woman who was visiting Thailand with her husband and children, was also raped on Koh Samui.

So through deductive reasoning tourists are safer under martial law according to the frequency of murders and rapes (or the lack there of) since they have implemented it when comparing it to a democratically elected government.

I for one feel a lot safer walking the streets of Bangkok knowing I can walk freely anywhere and not be a casualty of a red terrorist attack.

Under martial law and under a democratically elected government the crimes against tourists go unabated. That won't change.

Great post. Unfortunately you are throwing pearls of wisdom at swine. I have read the first 50 posts and yours was the first one to make sense.

I was thinking they could offer a tour of mindless uninformed prejudiced posters with Thai Visa being the star attraction. Could add in sore losers as a side attraction.

You must be daltonic. When you talk about pluriassassins monsters ultracorrupt you mean your heroes the yellow shirts who have massacred innocents , lynched people who tried to vote, stole, bribed etc... Not a single innocent has ever been attacked by a Red Shirt and even less a tourist. Instead the pluriassassins corrupt yellow shirts have killed dozens and lynched people trying to go to the airport.

Thank you for highlighting the logic I was referring to!!!

i got an idea a tourist lottery

winners can shake hands with general PrAyuth himself

how exciting

Cannot, gatherings of more than 5 people for political purpose are not allowed under martial law.

Actually I always suspected that TAT was behind the coup to promote tourism. And I was right!

• Like 1

Great post. Unfortunately you are throwing pearls of wisdom at swine. I have read the first 50 posts and yours was the first one to make sense.

I was thinking they could offer a tour of mindless uninformed prejudiced posters with Thai Visa being the star attraction. Could add in sore losers as a side attraction.

You must be daltonic. When you talk about pluriassassins monsters ultracorrupt you mean your heroes the yellow shirts who have massacred innocents , lynched people who tried to vote, stole, bribed etc... Not a single innocent has ever been attacked by a Red Shirt and even less a tourist. Instead the pluriassassins corrupt yellow shirts have killed dozens and lynched people trying to go to the airport.

Thank you for highlighting the very logic I was referring too.

Red shirts never killed innocent people!!!

Love that logic.

• Like 1

Words fail me.....

they really are cretins.......

I used to work for a high profile Taiwanese company in the uk, who removed all the light bulbs from the toilets to prevent workers from sitting on the toilet and reading newspapers.......the down side was that the cleaners could not see to clean the toilets...so they ended up smelling and disgusting.....for workers.... and of course visitors alike!!!! walking through urine etc was no joke!!! especially when wearing a savill row suit!!

Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day.

Except on Koh Tao. Omg. Does anyone at TAT consider running these idea past a few normal farangs before implementing them?

• Like 1

I guess all tourists will have to wear camoflage military combat uniform .

i think it is a mistake to give tourists a false sense of security . Thailand is relatively safe to travel by day , but night travel should be done with caution .

• Like 1

Are you still wearing your yellow shirt disguise?

Are you still unable to rebut my posts?

Still got your heroes picture in your loo?

I'll give it a try

I've already signed on for the 24 hour Pattani schoolteacher tour followed by the

Bangkok Hilton 24 hour inmate tour including 1 nights accommodation in gen pop.

I Can't wait for the ebola hospital tour to start

Only wondering if I have to tell my insurance co first

Come to North Korea and party party fun time for one and all you will never forget its good to have proper control of the people have a chat with the locals they will tell you how much we love the military and the jolly generals with the giant funny hats.

• Like 1

So, what they should be trying to say is, is "Come to Bangkok, don't be put off by martial law, martial law makes your time in Bangkok a safer and more enjoyable experience". They should launch a world-wide advertising campaign, paid for by tax-payers money, using this message.

Is that what they're trying to say ??

:)

'I have read the first 50 posts and yours was the first one I agreed with' might be a better way of putting it...

Are they serious??

Tourists are no safer here now than before martial law?

In fact many cannot get travel insurance to a place under martial law.

Exactly!

Please somebody inform TAT that travel insurancies di not cover countries under martial law !!!

• Like 2