Rakhine group urges Thai PM to reopen probe into Koh Tao murders

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AD reporting British police "may" also have DNA of the killers, or at least rapists of Hannah. I wonder if they have DNA of a certain elusive Scotsman. Would certainly explain HMG's recent actions.

You are not referring to the Flying Sporran, Andrew Drummond himself, surely?

They are all the same can not criticism any of the these officials no matter they are all wrong in there handling of things

PM say every thai must stand together what a fool if it was like that we didn't need the law

And as long as non of them recognise the word of the law no justice gonna happen

All the protesters ,all the office encroaching pebbles,all the land encroaching and so on must face the law or nothing good gonna happen it is more than 2000 years experience they go against

But the worst is to believe that pebbles from different countries are born with this low knowledge some are but not the most .

The PM must give up stop he's nonsense his low level seams to effect to many areas which he will never understand

Re open the case use the same police and a good photocopier and then the truth will be revelled it was two migrant workers and if this is the wrong two then we will find some more who match this DNA because the world media knows a Thai would never commit a horrific crime like this because we all love and respect tourists so much.

AD reporting British police "may" also have DNA of the killers, or at least rapists of Hannah. I wonder if they have DNA of a certain elusive Scotsman. Would certainly explain HMG's recent actions.

AD? Got a link?

Andrew Drummond. Link not permitted under TV rules.

I just talked with friend in USA who happens to be travel agent. She says arranged to rent house boat in Koh Tao. I suggested she hire some body guards. When I mentioned Koh Tao, she said "Where those two Burmese killed those British?". I proceeded to give her thumbnail of this sham. It seems to confirm once more that Americans don't really care about international news unless it has direct impact on USA. I asked if she could cancel that reservation. I don't want one satang going to that place until they come clean about this whole mess.

Keep the pressure on, then double it.

Your comment on Americans not caring about international news which don't directly affect them is totally true, but isn't that something that can be said of most nations though ? I've talked to some non-British Europeans recently and those who have nothing to do with Thailand seem to know very little, if anything, about the Koh Tao case.

It's fascinating actually, that in this era where global (and massive) communication is expected to somehow create global awareness, nothing of the sort is happening and the main factor that keeps it from happening is nationalism.

The time when teachers and parents all over the world explain to our kids that nationalism is a plague ... seems very far away indeed.

Edited by Yann55

I just talked with friend in USA who happens to be travel agent. She says arranged to rent house boat in Koh Tao. I suggested she hire some body guards. When I mentioned Koh Tao, she said "Where those two Burmese killed those British?". I proceeded to give her thumbnail of this sham. It seems to confirm once more that Americans don't really care about international news unless it has direct impact on USA. I asked if she could cancel that reservation. I don't want one satang going to that place until they come clean about this whole mess.

Hay.. say what you like about the US but this is a Thai matter.

The fact that most Farangs here see an investigation that was a mess from the beginning and see that the findings (if you can call them that) were not based upon the truth (and I am one of those Farangs, by the way)... the international community has no jurisdiction regarding Thai investigations unless asked to be a part of them. Just like this Police chief, we cannot demand but rather request to be involved, but at the same time we must also be ready to be told, "No thank you".

As for these terrible crimes, they are "international news" as you said and they are a local matter that might very well not raise an eyebrow with the American media (though they did when they were first reported and have been followed up since). But this is not because of anything other than the fact that those killed were not US passport holders. Or are you going to also blame the rest of the countries in the EU and elsewhere for not covering this story every day?

The fact remains that the Thai Plod dropped the ball from the get go! They were, and still are, out of their depth. In the past it was easy to sweep it all under the proverbial rug and send everyone home, so end of story and so save 'Face' or at least look like they did their jobs. But this time, it is different. The depth of the depravity or the crimes had a great deal to do with it, but that only incensed the rest of the world further (the UK in-particular) and opened the door to the Thai Plod, as well as the country as a whole, being even more under the 'international microscope' since the Coup.

Will there ever be a real answer and those responsible jailed? Good question. But one that can only be answered in time." Boycott Koh Tao"? Sure why not. (even though the hotels there are giving rooms away it seems). But what will that solve? That will just hurt those living there as well as earning a living and will do nothing to get the case solved any quicker. The aim should be to investigate the methods used by the Plod and light the fire under their backsides. Demanding that they accept help or involvement from outside sources is well ... not the way to do things here in Thailand. One should never demand anything, as all us Farangs know by heart. It accomplishes nothing except to antagonize the very people you are trying to help out. We, as an international community, have to allow the Thai authorities to sort things out for themselves and simply offer our assistance in the name of 'helping Thailand's image'.

Edited by iamariva1957

Perhaps by now some RTP officers are having difficulty to find sleep at night. S#!T is hitting the fan for them as it seems! Thanks to anyone here at TV who did not buckle under the RTP threats and kept posting photos and texts questioning the RTP's investigation and their official version. Power to the people!!! thumbsup.gif

As if the RTP will make us cower. Never. This what free press looks like!! Get a close look at it, RTP. And don't forget, we have a voice you cannot silence.

This forum could be shut down in Thailand in a blink of an eye if the authorities wished to do so. Be careful with your posting naive one.

• Like 1

We want the truth!

Until then... BOYCOT KOH TAO!

Agreed. These lads wouldn't have said boo to a goose on that island ! It's the size of a small country town completely stitched up by some quite intimidating crazies. Who are also mates with the constabulary. You would have to be certifiable to cross all these guys for the sake of intercourse with a white lass. This was perpetrated by someone with confidence in their positions on that island. Don't look much like the two Burmese guys from where I sit.

Do you live in Thailand? If not then refraining from visiting and spending is the only way to effect change. If you are an expat you should leave in protest. I did.

Yes, I live here, have for 13 years. My roots are here now, and don't plan on leaving. I recall in 60's bumper sticker about USA: "Love it or leave". Well, how about change it? I know, I know..... And why not all of Thailand boycott? Sure, but if for any variety of reasons may be difficult for some. I see Koh Tao as something like a fulcrum from which to possibly lever in some action in positive sense. Now please excuse me, as I seem to take some medicine to bring me back to reality.

Boycott Koh Tao - how can we pass on our concerns effectively? To people in thew west who dont know?

The wheels are already in motion, organised by CSI LA on Trip Advisor, probably the most heavily used tourist information site on the web.. There is also a Boycott Koh Tao facebook page.

Edited by ScubaPhuket

They've had McAnna's DNA from the beginning from his arrest last year on some rather distasteful charges. The UK authorities know where to lay their hands on him if they want to.

I once asked a collage lecturer from the mid west why americans paid little attention to the rest of the world, he replied "if you think thats bad I work in California and they pay no attention to anything outside their state!"

The decision will have to come from Prayuth. There's a point where he must show true color. Transparancy means allow the Brits in and let them redo DNA tests... if the samples are still there and not polluted.

There was enough time to replace the original samples with fitting one. I worry the case is now complete mess.

The responsible police must be removed....but it won't happen.

I think I read they were removed or at least taken over by somene who outranked them just before the arrests were made..

Won't happen as the general will be slapped in the face with a shovel. He has already praised the BIB on thier professionalism, dedication and outstanding work in solving the case. They have rewarded and for the general to retract that will take a major operation to remove the bulldozer from his face.

Won't happen as the general will be slapped in the face with a shovel. He has already praised the BIB on thier professionalism, dedication and outstanding work in solving the case. They have rewarded and for the general to retract that will take a major operation to remove the bulldozer from his face.